• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Wow--so cool to get such a quick reply, especially while I do my boring taxes. I met a guy at my gym today from New Brunswick--a telephone lineman who's a temp snowbird. Nice to meet you and thanks so much for reaching out!
I am avoiding doing my taxes! It's too taxing. Hah! The Canadian snowbirds in my part of the country tend to go to Arizona but I would prefer Florida, I think. Telephone linemen must be making good money! I cannot afford to be a snowbird but I do have a fantasy about living in a van and travelling all over North America.

Hi All!
I am a single 56 year old male, American Aspie. I have lived in Germany for more than 20 years and was diagnosed with Asperger´s, HFA and or ASD 2013. I now know much more about me thank goodness.
But I am in a dilemma that maybe someone on this forum can help me with. I have researched and found nothing but this website as a potential help. I will ask about this later But I wish to be of help to any and all. Maybe I will find a way :)
Take care, base283

I am avoiding doing my taxes! It's too taxing. Hah! The Canadian snowbirds in my part of the country tend to go to Arizona but I would prefer Florida, I think. Telephone linemen must be making good money! I cannot afford to be a snowbird but I do have a fantasy about living in a van and travelling all over North America.
That sounds great. When I first quit work, I looked into doing that, living in a sailboat and travelling aeound the world albeit ona major budget (it can be done and there are guides writtenon how to do it.) Hope you are having a great day. I am fixing to go to the beach. My name is Duncan BTW.

That sounds great. When I first quit work, I looked into doing that, living in a sailboat and travelling aeound the world albeit ona major budget (it can be done and there are guides writtenon how to do it.) Hope you are having a great day. I am fixing to go to the beach. My name is Duncan BTW.
There is a Duncan in my life who would love to live on a sailboat too. Hope your day at the beach was nice.

Hello, I've posted in other threads somewhere before.
Actually, not sure whether I myself has autism/Asperger or not, but my husband is an aspie (self-diagnosed).

I see some of you posted your autism score (?).. how do you got that, from where?
And I have something to ask about my husband too, but not sure which thread/forum should I post it.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Sorry, got nothing interesting to share..

(Belated) welcome, @BlueSky Aozora! :)
I see some of you posted your autism score (?).. how do you got that, from where?
There are different tests with different kinds of scores and results.
Here are links to some of the more common ones:

(Belated) welcome, @BlueSky Aozora! :)
There are different tests with different kinds of scores and results.
Here are links to some of the more common ones:

This is very helpful! Thank you, Nightingale.

Socially appropriate greeting!
My name is Jeremias, a twenty-something aspie from Finland. I was diagnosed with Asperger when I was 8-10 years old, and I have been in couple of tests regarding the subject along the years.

Socially appropriate greeting!
My name is Jeremias, a twenty-something aspie from Finland. I was diagnosed with Asperger when I was 8-10 years old, and I have been in couple of tests regarding the subject along the years.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie. Hoping to find answers and support. This forum seems welcoming so far. I'll try to read relevant threads to find more answers.

Hi I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie. Hoping to find answers and support. This forum seems welcoming so far. I'll try to read relevant threads to find more answers.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Thank you kindly. Looks like my user name and avatar are approved then, and surprised the user name hadn't already been taken by a fellow Aspie already.

Forum rules seem mostly standard. I noticed that one word posts aren't welcome, but there seems to be a plethora of badges to choose from to upvote posts. Hoping to be part of the community on this forum.

I don't know how to make a post or even what to click on to be able to post a new topic. Can someone help me?
Navigate to the subforum where you want to start the thread, then click on the blue banner with "POST NEW THREAD" on the top right of the page, next to the subforum title.

Good evening all

I'm 30 years old, self-diagnosed Aspie/HF autism. All my life I've experienced symptoms of Aspergers, but only considered the condition at age 21 when my university tutor suggested I may be autistic. Well, I cried and lived in denial, however recently I have been considering an official diagnosis.

(i) I don't want to feel like an imposter
(ii) I would like to be able to explain to neurotypicals, in a succinct way, that my social aversion is not an indication that I do not like them personally.

Would you advise that I seek an official diagnosis?

Rory

Good evening all

I'm 30 years old, self-diagnosed Aspie/HF autism. All my life I've experienced symptoms of Aspergers, but only considered the condition at age 21 when my university tutor suggested I may be autistic. Well, I cried and lived in denial, however recently I have been considering an official diagnosis.

(i) I don't want to feel like an imposter
(ii) I would like to be able to explain to neurotypicals, in a succinct way, that my social aversion is not an indication that I do not like them personally.

Would you advise that I seek an official diagnosis?

Rory

If you get a diagnosis, do it for yourself, not for others.

You also shouldn't have to explain yourself to everyone. Maybe at most to loved ones.

New Threads

Top Bottom