• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Doing what we say, or not???

THank you, Chance. You motivated me. I did not list a goal I had because then I would sweat about it. I have been wanting to make a new vid for my YT channel about my special interest. It's hard to do because it takes research and then all the foof stuff. Well, I did it :) I did it because "I Am In" . So for me, I will be reporting after the fact because if I list it, I will freak and feel like a failure and not do it. Maybe one day I will share my YT channel w AC. :)

Look at you!!! Find a persons strenghths and you find a treasure chest that equals a much improvedquality of life.... you just made me smile really big down deep. When I first met you on here, you had me worried bad... not no more : )

Great idea for a thread since I use this forum as a useful tool for procrastinating:).

Here is my list for the day:

get off the computer *
get showered and dressed eat something *
paint *
walk to the "milk store" *
paint *
get my laundry out of the dryer
paint *
put laundry away
paint, paint, paint*
eat something *
paint, paint, paint
get off computer again:rolleyes:*

Well, something like that.

Ok, the laundry is still in the dryer but I did the rest.

Last edited:
Then we can juggle... I couldn't resist ... : )

For iPhone there are too many to choose from... I narrowed it down to a couple by reviews and they are customizable to fit individual person... most are just preprogrammed junk I don't mess with much...

I will check the 2 I found and see how they work ... now scratching head... : ) thanks

Lol , its supposed to be not head scratching, not sure it its bad habit or stim. But its on my list :)

Nice youre keeping the juggling going :)

I am unthinkably serious about this whole thing...
Maybe I'm just so sick of being this miserable excuse of a human who just shuts down when LIFE gets too hard. Thats BS, and I have known it was BS all my life, but I never knew how to fix it... or at least improve on it.

Instead of people showing me ways around it, they showed me how to cope with it, and overcome the embarrassment of it, and live with it... THATS BS! Thats these ass hats focusing on my weaknesses to keep my checks going into their bank accounts. I literally had my counselor wordless the other day, now we are off on a very different journey as a team, not as me being the sick freak.

To fix anything is to face it. I'm not pretending I am gonna heal myself from any of my so-called limitations. I am not declaring I am going out and making a million dollars, or being some powerful being.

I'm simply wanting out of the this prison in my head... I don't think that is too much to ask... is it????
I'm so tired of struggling with stuff no others around me have to struggle with...

I KNOW there is more out there for me, and some of that is for me, and some for you too!!!

I dont want to go off on another lonely selfish journey in my head...

I want to get people involved who give a S--- about their lives who have this same deep down gut feeling inside... You KNOW there is more to this life than the limitations others have labeled us with, and caged us in. If you don't, they fully caged you, and I hurt for you.

I'm sick of playing the part of the messed up guy. This messed up guy might have proved he is smart at his job, but his actions always keep him in the messed up zone... Unless I change the process.

I may not have created the ASD, but I have allowed (even bragged on) every limit is has on me... Some of that can be changed, not for all of us on the Spectrum, but for those that cant change, we create a better picture of how they are to be perceived...

I'm not here to hide away, or get back the energy to fake being an NT again (that had me with a gun in my mouth)... Thank you, but no thank you.

No, I just want to fix what can be fixed in me, and be okay with what cant... If the world cant accept that then thats the worlds problem. I'm tired of everything being MY PROBLEM... I'm not big enough to handle that kind of load, none of us are.

ASD is taking on more, and more, and more, of some really bad exposure, and if someone don't get busy giving ways for it to get some good exposure - We and those after us, might be in for a very rough future.

Change of any kind starts within each one of us - no one can force it on someone else... We have to want it, and want it more than we want the air we breathe... Find a way to change, and that change will find its place out in a real world. I don't just believe this... I KNOW IT!

I'm paying out massive amounts of money for the counseling I get... I give what I learn from it freely to anyone who I might be able to help from it. I'm not here just for me. I'm here because this is the first place I have ever had that remotely felt right inside me.

I'm not here to gloat, or to make claims that are impossible. I'm telling you there is hope (even though hope is a beggar)... A lot of what we suffer can be changed by our own mindset... I don't just believe that I KNOW that.

I see it this way... I am in a place where I was shutting down more and more... It was becoming very worrying to my counselor who was advising me back to meds, more counseling, more, more, more...
It hit me... None of this has done anything but make me WORSE!!!! It was like GOD slapped me and said, "Wake the hell up!" And I did wake up and now I feel more alive than I have ever felt in my entire life...
Yet my body is screaming no to all of it... It too must follow. My body and all it wants have been playing the part of my brain. My brain just took that narrative back over and oh hell... I'm not sure whats next?

I hope you watch the video... It says more than I can write, but probably on a much more expanded goal set than I have... It makes no difference, its all the same.

Thank you all for putting up with me... I'm a roller coaster and I know that, but its one hell of a ride and its going to get better.

Great idea for a thread since I use this forum as a useful tool for procrastinating:).

Here is my list for the day:

get off the computer
get showered and dressed eat something
paint
walk to the "milk store"
paint
get my laundry out of the dryer
paint
put laundry away
paint, paint, paint
eat something
paint, paint, paint

Well, something like that.

Hummm, I think painting makes you hungry... : )

Fridgemagnetman...

Balloons, not the same as juggling... I'm guessing

Its like a jet went right over my head... I guess I am now lost on figuring out balloons until you give me a hint??? : )

In my head right now.... balloons, rollercoaster, crazy thoughts, and more balloons... Its really weird when you think in pictures... and the jet just scattered the balloons everywhere...

Okay what did I say? or do? or think? or not think, or not say? I'm just gonna shut up and eat my soup now...

: )

Last edited:
I've got a section of wall with motivational techniques written and taped to it. Different techniques for different motivational roadblocks. Simple reminders I've found aren't good enough; I figure if I'm forgetting to do some baleful task, it's probably because on some level I want to forget about it.

To the spirit of the thread (I think), part of my motivational system is to focus on all the negative feelings and consequences that come from procrastination as opposed to laughing about it and making light of it (and thus seeing it as somewhat of a virtue), and then eliminating that source of discomfort by eliminating the procrastination. Which reminds me, I have crap to do today.

Oh, and awesome shirt btw, getting one ASAP.

Fridgemagnetman...

Balloons, not the same as juggling... I'm guessing

Its like a jet went right over my head... I guess I am now lost on figuring out balloons until you give me a hint??? : )

In my head right now.... balloons, rollercoaster, crazy thoughts, and more balloons... Its really weird when you think in pictures... and the jet just scattered the balloons everywhere...

Okay what did I say? or do? or think? or not think, or not say? I'm just gonna shut up and eat my soup now...

: )
Fairground possibly ?balloons could make you lighter!

Maybe I need a hardy helmet, a padded room, and straight jacket
I know exactly what you need.

Balloons.

But keep the posts coming,interesting.

Okay been banging my head all afternoon and trying to be productive at work which is a no for this day... so far.

Are you teaching me ZEN? Am I smelling an Allan Watts lesson in this? Or am I off on Neptune without a ride home? : )

Maybe I need a hardy helmet, a padded room, and straight jacket

Okay been banging my head all afternoon and trying to be productive at work which is a no for this day... so far.

Are you teaching me ZEN? Am I smelling an Allan Watts lesson in this? Or am I off on Neptune without a ride home? : )

Perhaps I've transcended human meaning...
(I.e. It didn't make any sense)

You're making really good positive posts....
Why wouldn't you have balloons?

But, in a way, if something doesn't make sense, from a human perspective it could be considered perfect....
Just like a balloon

(Oops just realised I'm insane)

Balloons are great.

I can only imagine juggling with balloons is easier than with other objects such as pitchforks, landrovers or samauri swords?

Okey dokey

My goal for today is to attend a two hour welcome meeting for my new job and not judge anyone, fall asleep, sigh and positively sparkle in a group of strangers.

Bring on the scripts and every joke I can ever remember (that are suitable for polite society)
Go me !!

:)

Balloons are great.

I can only imagine juggling with balloons is easier than with other objects such as pitchforks, landrovers or samauri swords?

Okey dokey

My goal for today is to attend a two hour welcome meeting for my new job and not judge anyone, fall asleep, sigh and positively sparkle in a group of strangers.

Bring on the scripts and every joke I can ever remember (that are suitable for polite society)
Go me !!

:)

Good deal... I hope you like and enjoy your new job...
Meanwhile I will still be here untangling my brain... Fridge fried every circuit... I think so much my brain hurts.

Perhaps I've transcended human meaning...
(I.e. It didn't make any sense)

You're making really good positive posts....
Why wouldn't you have balloons?

But, in a way, if something doesn't make sense, from a human perspective it could be considered perfect....
Just like a balloon

(Oops just realised I'm insane)

I have no helmet or padded room, so I guess my heads gonna just bleed for just a little while...

I really liked juggling... and you could have just ran with the ZEN... : ) but noooo....

I think I have smoke and ash oozing out of my right ear. The Corpus Callosum (the bridge) has collapsed. Frontal Lobe has imploded, Hypothalamus was crushed under the weight. The Reticular Activating System is now in reboot with nothing to send the Primary Somatic Sensory Cortex...
Moving forward... : )

But do you feel really good when you finally get something done, or you actually somehow jump past that mental road block and just tackle something? I do... Its just getting past that barrier, or not letting something else run my head off in a ditch somewhere and totally forget it.

Yes I definitely agree with that and this seems like a possibly good idea. Well a good idea that would possibly help a bit more for me.

I'll make a list for tomorrow and see how it goes:
DMV
post office
store
laundry
work on resume
stack of papers I've been dreading going through but keeps piling up

I'm really good at procrastination.

If I made it my goal for the day I will achieve it without much conscious thought :D

@Chance - fried brain is good (just ask Hannibal Lecter)
Never be afraid of the chaos. When it settles down (and believe me it will) all will be calm again :)

I like it.
Procrastination is a tough one.
But, I need to get outside of my head too.
Think, think, think.

Today I have a doctor's appointment and my goal is to not procrastinate to the point of having five minutes to get there.

Make a small list of what I want to ask while I am there.

Call and cancel another appointment for Thursday that I forgot to today.

Take a rest/meditation nap in afternoon.
So I won't be too tired, because I want to go
see a movie tonight.

Couldn't resist:

10 -4- over & out .

Last edited:
i need structure in my life, my word is something very important to me as is the word of people near to me

when having to do things i plan for the path of least resistance/stress, so i'm always early, build in lots of buffers, choose times the there are as little people as possible around, i.e. i try to plan to remove as many stressful external and internal stimulants

i plan out 'effort'
so if i say i'm going to do something, i do it
if i don't think i will able to do it, then i don't say that i will
deviation from plans tends to upset me

if someone else says they are going to do something that affects me and they don't, i tend to get rather annoyed

New Threads

Top Bottom