• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Doing what we say, or not???

i need structure in my life, my word is something very important to me as is the word of people near to me

when having to do things i plan for the path of least resistance/stress, so i'm always early, build in lots of buffers, choose times the there are as little people as possible around, i.e. i try to plan to remove as many stressful external and internal stimulants

i plan out 'effort'
so if i say i'm going to do something, i do it
if i don't think i will able to do it, then i don't say that i will
deviation from plans tends to upset me

if someone else says they are going to do something that affects me and they don't, i tend to get rather annoyed

You just hit on where I get stuck... I spend so much time making lists, trying to plan AROUND the least people, the least traffic, things I know that upset me, and then all the countless variables I can possibly create... Like what if my stomach gets angry? What do I need to do to not sound stupid?

Sometimes I just think myself out of the whole thing - that should have been a jump up and do, and never give it a thought. (This is where I might envy other people who can just get it done).

I get so aggravated at myself over this. I caught myself yesterday and told my mind to shut the hell up, and went and did what I needed to do. All went well - I think, but then I dont want to think about it, or I will just get right back in that loop of stupidity.

It sad to have to outwit my own mind, it makes me tired. If other people aren't playing mind games with me, I seem to be playing them with myself.

I need a upgrade to fix the "glitch" - I don't think I can buy that on Ebay or Amazon just yet... : )

You just hit on where I get stuck... I spend so much time making lists, trying to plan AROUND the least people, the least traffic, things I know that upset me, and then all the countless variables I can possibly create... Like what if my stomach gets angry? What do I need to do to not sound stupid?

Sometimes I just think myself out of the whole thing - that should have been a jump up and do, and never give it a thought. (This is where I might envy other people who can just get it done).

I get so aggravated at myself over this. I caught myself yesterday and told my mind to shut the hell up, and went and did what I needed to do. All went well - I think, but then I dont want to think about it, or I will just get right back in that loop of stupidity.

It sad to have to outwit my own mind, it makes me tired. If other people aren't playing mind games with me, I seem to be playing them with myself.

I need a upgrade to fix the "glitch" - I don't think I can buy that on Ebay or Amazon just yet... : )

ahh you see there is a trick though, 'priorities', i try not to allow myself to worry about or organise things that take little effort and/or have little impact, i kinda group them together book some time to get through the mess, and try to not stress about it

Today I want to finish my Halloween decorations on the porch and front of house.

Have to go to a local car show with Frank later in the day.
But, then, hey...Filet Mignon dinner at Grill Smith's.

Today my goal is be true to myself... I had other plans but they ALL have to change (grrr I hate that!)

Bad weather rolling in... first hard freeze (possible wintery mix) looks to be on its way - yuck.
I have to get everything that will freeze in.
Have 50mph winds supposed to roll in before the cold front hits this afternoon

I need to mow and water greens.
I need to check antifreeze in all the equipment and vehicles.
I need to change filters in HAVC units (maybe that will help my allergies - geez)
I need to order propane and have the tanks all filled up

I need to go to the big town and get new tires put on Suburban (I don't want too)

I need to go trap the squirrels that somehow found a way into my attic (my grandparents old house)
The house I have torn to shreds right now- in the remodel from hell... Why did I start this?
They are chewing (very loudly) and I hear them - not cool.
I dread this... Once caught those cute little buggers loose their minds.
I will release them at work. Tons of pecan trees by the river.

Susan, I want to trade lists... Car Show and filet Mignon vs. Massive cold front and viscous little squirrels.
I can jump a jet in be in FL before supper. : )

Got everything done. I threw in a few 'funnies' to break the ice and put blushing 16 - 18 yr olds at ease in a meeting of fifteen people.

The manager (my new boss) didn't appreciate it at all. She looked like she had an awful smell right under her nose. Perhaps she likes the control and worship that comes with scared 16-18yr olds in their first job, she being their boss so maybe all was supposed to be serious?
Who knows?

Anyway, I'm no longer persuing that job.

So my next task is to find an alternative job -which I won't complete today.

What I will complete today is some time out, down time, processing time and a visit to see my son and grandson which I'm really looking forward to.

Got it done, but, the movie S****d.

Wow... perfect ASD moment.
I think I must still be asleep sort of... (that is my excuse anyway)

I was sitting just starring at the word S****d for what seems like a long time.

Dumbfounded I guess.
Just now I laughed at myself - geez please don't put me in a game figuring out simple words today.
How the hell did I get so stuck on that? This is what boggles my head...

I feel like I just failed 3rd grade, and to think I have been studying an article on Myelinated Axon Plasticity and Neuronal Circuit Formation, in the Journal of Neuroscience... Holy oxymoron...
I'm my case - its just moron!

So Susan, your simple courteous gesture just "sucked" the life out of my brain for like 5 minutes : )

New Threads

Top Bottom