• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does being around family drains you emotionally?

Do you feel overwhelmed when being around your people you love and know well?

• After a few minutes, yes.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • After a few hours

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • After days and days together

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Never. I can spend each day of my life with them with no problem.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
You have issues.

Sorry, but quitting a job because they made you go out for the day? How about no?
Please don’t be accusatory on the board, what if that was directed at yourself? Just sayin’. Most people know what their issues are and don’t need them brought out or magnified unless they are asking for our input in that area. I agree with you that maybe she could say no if she was not required to be there. But the “ you have issues” I would leave out toward other people. You might set them back. Maybe you didn’t see how that might sound. We all have issues. We do not know the circumstances surrounding th outing. I once had a boss pressure me into a company picnic. I was in deep depression from breaking up with a boyfriend. The boss went on to say big important people would be there. That scared me even more under my circumstances. I had the powers to say no, but what if I did not have that power either from boss pressure or some job requirement?

Last edited:
We usually have holiday dinners at my aunt & uncle's. Over this Easter my uncle scolded me for not interacting more with the extended family, telling me to get off the couch & intermingle with people. Which didn't make me feel good. I totally agree with the previous post on many of the details. Plus talking about sports almost non-stop is utterly uninteresting for me. So I just sat there. I don't think he understands...
Sports talk makes me want to jump off a bridge. It’s like chinese water torture.

New Threads

Top Bottom