• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone wear the same clothes over and over?

I know what cuts, colours, and fabrics I like and work for me so I tend to have familiar patterns in that respect, e.g. (my jeans are always the same cut and dark wash), and I extrapolate from that pattern.

Not really the same clothes, but if I find for example a sweater I like a lot, I sometimes buy 5 of it. So when one goes into the laundry basket I have another one standing by.

I have multiples of the same thing. To an outsider it appears that I am wearing yesterday's clothes which may be technically true with my trousers but the rest is clean on that day.

I like navy blue a lot, and most of my clothes are some shade of blue.

When it comes to rewearing clothes, here are a few rules I follow:

Did I wear it less than 2 or 3 hours the day before?

Is it rumpled from wearing it?

Did I spill anything on it?

Did I sweat in it?

Sniff it. Does it smell like crackers? Big NO

If it still looks and smells clean, I will wear it. But if it's a fancy occasion, or I'm going to have company, I put on something clean.

Yes, l have 1 pair of jeans and one pair of combats that l wear all the time. T-shirts l have 4 l like and a hoody. Thats all l wear, l have loads of clothes but only these will l wear. They arevmy comfortable clothes thst feel good!

I have some really old clothes.
I have just put my 30yr old skirt out for disposal, Indian cotton, got a bit ripped.
It doesn't matter to me if the same clothes come out season after season.
I buy lots from charity shops or eBay, bargain clothes.
I know this sounds scruffy but I have a denim skirt I wear over leggings, it hardly gets washed.
While lots of clothes go in the wash when they smell, things like hoodies, jumpers etc get worn over and over again in the winter.

I've been wearing the same pair of jeans for a while now. My go-to outfit is a black shirt with denim jeans, baseball cap and casual shoes. I'll switch up the jeans and shirts here and there to stay looking clean...I might be lazy, yeah, but I'm not that much of a slob ;)

Is it dysfunctional? Odd? Let's do some estimates then:

$20 for a 6 pack of plain shirts
$40 for a solid pair of shoes
$25 for two pairs of jeans
$10 for a cap
$40 for everything else (socks, briefs, cold weather attire, etc.)

...all of which last for a few years, let's say 3 years on average. All of it is an estimate like I said, but that's a pretty good return on investment.

Meanwhile, I've seen people who obviously have spent hundreds on the latest fashion and who, no doubt, are much more concerned with appearances, advertising their favorite brands or whatever it is they like, and they switch up outfits frequently. If what I'm doing is dysfunctional, so be it.

Last edited:
My wardrobe is slowly expanding. I wish I'd bought multiple pairs of certain shoes or boots, but I never did.

I bought 2 pairs of Puma tracksuit bottoms recently. They're so soft and fleecy inside. I've been living in them. Oh yes.

Ed

Since there's currently nobody whose perception of me truly matters for me and zero obligations to follow any sort of dress code then why wouldn't I use clothes until they literally don't work (become ripped) anymore?

To waste money? to produce more waste for no particular reason?

I say one of the few benefits of these types of peculiarities that brings many of us to a forum such as this one is not being bound to pointless social and consumerist shackles, such as fashion. Clothes exist to protect you from the elements and to assure a certain level of socially agreed modesty I suppose, beyond that it's all pointless nonsense.

New Threads

Top Bottom