• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone out there love Owl City as much as I do?

LupinLady

I used to have a really close friend, who ended up getting diagnosed with asperger's because I wondered about it and asked if he had ever gotten tested for it lol, who LOVED the music of Adam Young (a.k.a. Owl City) as much as I did.

Even though Adam hadn't released any new songs for four years (until last month, yay!!!*), I listen to his songs ALL THE TIME, and my favorite ones I listen to on repeat.

Made me wonder if there are other aspie Owl City fans out there?

* The new song:

Last edited:
Truthfully, I never heard of the singer/songwriter artist before, as I was into different genres, but I listened to the song above and also his "Fireflies" one and they are cool and catchy. I certainly would consider buying such music for our oldest ASD son who is looking to appreciate different styles, as he is into singing, playing instruments (piano and guitar), and songwriting one day.

Owl City is one of the influences that inspired me to write my own music!

I’ve been a fan since I was a kid. I still remember listening to Fireflies for the first time on my older sister’s ipod and being swept up in that ethereal sound. I finally got to see him live back in 2018.

I remember seeing somewhere that Adam self-diagnosed as Aspergers, and I think it makes sense, especially with songs like Deer In the Headlights and The Real World. I resonated so much with the lyrics as a head-in-the-clouds teenager. I thought they were so magical and romantic. Now that I’m older, I appreciate the goofy, awkward, sincere side of him that shines through.

I think my favorite songs overall would be If My Heart Was A House and Yacht Club. Also, is it just me, or are some of his best songs the ones that went unreleased? Paper Tigers, Beautiful Mystery, his cover of Enchanted?—so good!

I liked his songs too. But I don't listen to much 2000s music. I mostly listen to rock music or new wave songs.

New Threads

Top Bottom