• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone like collecting?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
I do but I have not started a lot yet.
Stamps, retro cards, stickers, figurines, souvenirs, little visual things I find or get, plushies to a degree, mugs I'm not sure exactly everything I would collect but I have enjoyed starting.

You could even collect classic books or retro magazines or comics.

Mainly, I collect rocks.
Learned that living in AZ . Rockhounds, they call us out there.

Souvenirs from places is always a necklace.
I have them hanging on a necklace rack and each one tells a story of a time and place.

I also like physical photos. Have boxes full of those.

I collect heads...!
full
Thread Racks
full

Mainly, I collect rocks.
Learned that living in AZ . Rockhounds, they call us out there.

Souvenirs from places is always a necklace.
I have them hanging on a necklace rack and each one tells a story of a time and place.

I also like physical photos. Have boxes full of those.
That is cool, rocks are awesome
Those sound like good collections, I like collecting things too that are not common place.
As well as gemstones.

I've been collecting The Simpsons box sets for years, until some genius decided not to sell any box sets after season 20.

Plants, and most recently, rocks and fossils. Oh, and I do have a collection of Hot Wheels die cast cars and some baseball cards (1979) tucked away in the basement.

I collected marbles when I played with them. Do tools count as a collection if I use them? That's the biggie, along with small quantities of every material I might want. I didn't want trophies, but have not thrown them out. I have a small collection of brass art, limited by how much I'm willing to keep polished. I'm turning my collection of souvenir T-shirts that have worn out into pictures. I have many funny or odd pictures. I have about 200 kilos of books that have been useful, and still shop for books of cartoons, and replacements for others I have "loaned."

Wow kind of creepy..but if you like it.
Someone may collect naked dolls or something
I think sometimes dolls and porcelain dolls are creepy...
You should get like a female ufo head or something in pink
I put the ones I use on bodies.
They help me with drawing faces, since I have face-blindness. ;)

I end up collecting everything that passes through my conscious mind: mushrooms, mushroom cultures, antique guns, swords, knives, wood carvings, books... The list goes on...:
IMG_20230819_085209.jpg

I enjoy collecting Trilobites. Fossil arthropods from the Paleozoic. A Walliserops is attached. That, and Zuni fetish carvings, mainly frogs, turtles, and snakes.

20230819_091030.jpg

received_577429323018350.jpeg

Last edited:
My new hobby is collecting flowers and leaves and pressing them flat in a gigantic telephone book I've kept since the 1970s. Then I mount them on fabric and frame them. I'm currently working on pressing some herbs from my garden to assemble a picture to hang in the kitchen.

I do have an impressive foreign coin collection, though to my knowledge it has very little intrinsic market value. I just like all the variations from so many countries. And the history of some of the coins from nations or governments which no longer exist.

Funny to think that at one time I used to collect bottle-openers as well.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom