1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Does anyone know what motive my coworker possible could have had?

Discussion in 'Education and Employment' started by Jena, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Rexi

Rexi uwu owo uwu SlightlyFilterless Atheist Science=<3 V.I.P Member

Maybe that's what she used to do before you came along. Because she can't be bothered to do her job.

It's very likely that she has issues on more than one field.

Or maybe she's studying birds she steps on for fun, or enjoys watching them not fly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

In the case described you and a co-worker had differing opinions on what should be done, the supervisor decided. That sort of thing happens in workplaces all the time.

The thing is, that was resolved in probably less then an hour while you have managed to fret over it for a year.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rectify

Rectify Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I too would hyperfocus on this, though probably more so worrying about the bird. In relation to your question though - this 'coworker' may be one of the many jerks that walk around out there, go shopping, work etc who like to be awful to other people. It doesn't make sense, but they're out there. They exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rasputin

Rasputin ASD / Aspie V.I.P Member

It sounds to me like she was trying to make you second guess your decisions so that you refrain from taking initiative. Particularly if she lacks self confidence and feels that she has to compete with you for rewards. I would suggest that you be professional, but not be too chummy with her unless she has earned your trust.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Your coworker shouldn't be allowed around animals. Ever.

The bible makes it very clear how God feels about animal cruelty.

"A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel."
    Proverbs 12:10

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

These types at work always expose themself , then you know how to proceed daily in relation to them. Little as possible, and make sure to document things in dealing with them so that their bad decisions don't have consequences for you.

Right now l know a disgruntled waitress because the bartender keeps giving free drinks on her shift. She doesn't want those bad choices jeopardizing her job so she spoke up to management about it. This maybe a poor example but l hope you see some meaning in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gift2humanity

Gift2humanity Well-Known Member

If I was any good at working out people's motives I wouldn't have most of the problems I have but I will try, can't promise I will be right though.
    Poor parakeet getting stepped on but good for guest who notified you.

It sounds like your co-worker has not got much empathy. I am not a fan of zoos, would rather animals who can't live in the wild are put in sanctuaries.

Good that you got your supervisor who agreed that bird needs to go to the vet and good she helped you take it to the vet, and also that you caught it a second time.

That sounds like one of the better zoos, some are just for tourists and take no care of animals.

Dunno but maybe as your supervisor proved you right, maybe your co-worker was trying to "save face"

I ruminate on things, it does no good, its painful.

Bottom line, some people don't like to be in the wrong, especially those who lack empathy for other people or animals feelings.

Maybe your coworker was trying to make out you were in the wrong as she lacked empathy but you turned out to be right. Hope that helps and hope the parakeet recovered and could fly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1