• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DOES ANYONE HAVE THYROID ISSUES?

trustwaves

I've had multiple blood tests as I've had really bad digestion/ food intolerances to wheat/dairy/corn/almond milk/onions/garlic. I got tested for vitamin deficiencies and celiac but it all came back 'okay' ( which it's not ) apart from higher thyroid levels? Hyperthyroidism. I've had another blood test to check but does anyone else have this??
Sophie xxxx

My mother isnt diagnosed with ASD, I think its related to my father that has like omega obvious level of ASD behaviors.

But im starting to be less and less sure about that, because my family on both side has some stories related to mental health issues( wont go into much details but for instance someone is diagnosed bipolar in my family side of my mother.)

And more and more I see my mother reacting positively in some situations that were present in the tests iv done for ASD. But its harder for her because she had an violent father so i dont know if some traumas in childhood can cause symptoms similar to ASD.

Anyway , she has Thyroid issues , most of the time its Hyperthyroid but sometimes it goes lower(hypo)

Last edited:
I have hypothyroid and take kelp pills every day to help balance my metabolism (I have a huge phobia of blood tests, so can't get the regular thyroxine pills). It seems to help with the symptoms. I also eat a very high protein/fat and low wheat/dairy/sugar diet and that works brilliantly for me. I don't think there is a one cure for everyone with a lot of illnesses. Sometimes you have to use trial and error and find what you personally respond to. Some people find vegetarian/vegan diets are perfect for them, whereas they put me in hospital. Other people react differently to medications or painkillers. Experiment with different things.

New Threads

Top Bottom