• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Anybody Else Have Weird Sleeping Preferences/Positions?

yes. funny thing is my toes are always pointed in bed. but the one that gets me is, either one arm or both arms straight up above my head, straight like a pole not bent ( i mean armpit to face).
covering my head and body just leaving enough of a peep hole opening to see or breath
1674571583519.png
but more covered.

I'd bend wrist\back of hand under chin in about all of my sleep positions. and my toes always pointed down or sever inwards pigeon toe feet pointing down. its so weird.
1674570627095.png

but as a kid i had my arms straight out like a zombie while laying on my back.

1674570942865.png

or i just randomly do this when laying down

1674570978288.png

Last edited:
Yes. Mine has always been similar to the fourth one from the left in the series of pictures you posted. The drawing of the woman with a blue camisole or whatever it is on. Stomach sleeper with my right leg bent like that and my left leg straight. Sometimes I'll alternate and have my left leg bend and my right straight.

The older I get though, the worse I feel from that position and wish I could change it. No matter how hard I've tried I just can not fall asleep on my back. I hate the feeling.

Yes. Mine has always been similar to the fourth one from the left in the series of pictures you posted. The drawing of the woman with a blue camisole or whatever it is on. Stomach sleeper with my right leg bent like that and my left leg straight. Sometimes I'll alternate and have my left leg bend and my right straight.

The older I get though, the worse I feel from that position and wish I could change it. No matter how hard I've tried I just can not fall asleep on my back. I hate the feeling.
it is hard and rear to sleep on my back, but when i do its never for my fist position going to bed. i usually use it short term to help my shoulder\back pain or to help prepare myself for repositioning.

I can sleep in almost any position if I have to. I nearly always fall asleep on airplanes, seat upright and seatbelt on.

Where I have a choice it's lying on my right hand side in a relaxed fetal position, hands up under my chin and legs bent.

I sleep on my back only. It started out as a phobia when I was younger and now it's just the most comfortable to me

I sleep on my back only. It started out as a phobia when I was younger and now it's just the most comfortable to me
It's interesting that you mention sleeping on your back started as a phobia. Sleeping on my stomach actually started as a phobia for me. I had frequent nightmares when I was a child and falling asleep on my back made me feel exposed and vulnerable. I worried that a monster or a bad person could come into my room and cut my throat while I was sleeping. I felt more protected laying on my stomach for that reason.

The one unusual thing I do is sleep without a pillow. A pillow makes me really uncomfortable, unless it's a really thin one. I almost never sleep on my back.

I always sleep curled up on my left side...otherwise I won't sleep. According to my mom, I've slept in this particular position even as a baby.

What is this thing called sleeping that everyone seems to do? Jealous.

Envy is an ugly thing.

I do try, but usually catch a nap in my recliner looking like this guy…
1674600721935.jpeg

I just have to sleep on my side. I genuinely cannot sleep in any other position, can't sleep on my back at all. Never been able to.

I also need to be holding something as I sleep too.

I sleep on my side. The odd thing about the way I sleep is that I find it difficult to fall asleep unless I am hugging one of the pillows on my bed.

I have to sleep on my side most of the time. Usually my left side. I have no idea why. I've tried to force myself to sleep on right side but I always end up moving to my left.

Sleeping on my side always gripping a pillow .
Sometimes lay another pillow on top of my body

When I was a kid I slept in a closet for a while because I liked how enclosed I was, and when I first got a piano, I slept under it! :eek: I also slept in a sleeping bag for a while as a kid, for no apparent reason, then on a futon because we incidentally got one, then on the floor for no reason that I can remember, and then on an air mattress because they wouldn't let me get a water bed. :rolleyes::D
My daughter used to sleep in her closet. I let her as she said it felt safer in there in the new house. She came out to her bed after a few weeks. When i was a kid my closet was my reading room/personal club for one so I get the whole closet thing

Room temperature needs to be below 23 degrees, optimal below 20 so I feel comfortable, over 25 I struggle to fall asleep and have night sweats.

New Threads

Top Bottom