• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Documenting Airport-Based Special Needs Resources in Wisconsin

TravelingWiki

As Founder & CEO of TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (Integrating GenAI Expertise for Special Needs Community from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets & Internationally via Apple Podcasts; Now Hiring for the 2025 Internship Program) - I had a chance today to engage the CEO of The Autism Society of Wisconsin, Kate Hess. As additional background, The Autism Society of Wisconsin had provided me some factual information for a prior appearance (focusing on Autism resources) on live radio throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota & Illinois - the radio appearance featured an interview with the President of Civic Media - see Civic Media - to discuss the existence and growth of Special Needs resources in the Midwestern Part of the US (especially Wisconsin).

I realize this is a board that has broad coverage / viewership. There are a few reasons why this conversation with an Autism Society in Wisconsin (and the focus on Special Needs resources in the Midwestern Part of the US) may be very relevant to this audience.

Potentially of most relevance to any sports fans (that may travel with individual(s) with Autism, ALS, Dementia, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or any other invisible disabilities), TravelingWiki has been updated with information about Appleton, Wisconsin Airport ("ATW") following the discussion with Kate Hess. ATW serves as a close airport to Green Bay, Wisconsin (for Green Bay Packers games). It is also very close to Lake Winnebago; Oshkosh, Wisconsin; & Fond du Lac.

One of the reasons the Autism Society noted the airport should be added (in short order) was because it has two separate sensory rooms (one before security & one after security). It also partners with Wings For Autism to offer rehearsals for the Special Needs Community to engage with the Airport before travel (as part of acclimating individuals for an air journey). To that end, I wanted to note this addition in case anyone found the acclimation resources useful and/or needed to access this part of the country with these resources. As noted previously, I do all this work for free (as a second job on top of a daytime job) given a deep passion for The Special Needs Community.

Best Regards,
Jonathan - Founder & CEO, TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (Integrating GenAI Expertise for Special Needs Community from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets & Internationally via Apple Podcasts; Now Hiring for the 2025 Internship Program)
LinkedIn: Jonathan Sutter - Denver Metropolitan Area | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
Special Olympics Profile on TravelingWiki Non-Profit Work (Page 9): http://alturl.com/k862b
Media / Other Coverage of TravelingWiki: TravelingWiki in the News

Link to Appleton Airport (ATW) Profile on TravelingWiki: Appleton Airport (ATW)

1710550292316.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom