• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think it is ever right to get attacked on your appearance?

I absolutely agree with your statement. Why would anyone want to be ostracized based on their appearance? I find it disrespectful and offensive.
Yes it is painful. I am going through a trauma battle but somehow my body always feels like is held captive and considering how mean people can be on appearance it is very painful for me. I cannot cope with being a victim on my appearance I just want to be me.
Thank you for saying that, I love you

Yes it is painful. I am going through a trauma battle but somehow my body always feels like is held captive and considering how mean people can be on appearance it is very painful for me. I cannot cope with being a victim on my appearance I just want to be me.
Thank you for saying that, I love you
You’re welcome and I love you too. I’m also sorry for what you’re going through. :(

Yes that is from a whole other perceptive.
I feel the same way as woman autistic that I am not just a sex symbol and hate being perceived as one or getting excessive attention on my appearance by males or even females. I just like to be occasionally told I'm beautiful or look nice or even pretty perhaps. I hate excessive attention and admiration.
It is true this is a very large problem often in society where women or men think they can just essentially sexually harrass someone who is attractive. So wrong.
People need to realise those people may not enjoy it and are humans too.
And that is one of the down sides to being a very good looking person.
I agree. There is a huge difference in complementing someone on their looks. Mostly when it comes down to things about their look they have control over. Like clothing, hair, makeup, how fit you look. Because it acknowledges effort that was put in. Sometimes it can be because of something that is beyond someones control. Sometimes I will compliment someone on their looks when they compare themselves physically with someone else in a negative way. For example. I ones had a girl tell me boys didn`t like her because she had small breast and no butt. And that is what boys care about. Ofcourse I first told her that the boys that only care about that are not worth having as a boyfriend. But I also asked her is she ever looked at her legs. Because those were really beautiful to kind of lift her mood and self esteem physically.
The other side of this is when you get engaged in a forceful way. For me as a man, I called them to dumb girls who need a strong man types. These girls would act way dumber than they actually were and would tell me how much they needed me to do things for her. They needed a big strong man. This is so ofputting. And I`m sure women experience this with a typical male stereotype aswell. They only compliment your looks because they want to go to bed with you. And not because they want to be nice to you and to give you a good feeling about yourself.
I work at a school with teenagers and young adults ranging 13-22. And when I started working there I was 25. Especially the older girls would constantly hit on me and would make me feel very uncomfortable. Their teachers would also tell me a lot about how interested those girls were in me. Which made it even worse. I`m really glad I turn 34 this year because the age difference is big enough now that they are not longer interested.

I agree. There is a huge difference in complementing someone on their looks. Mostly when it comes down to things about their look they have control over. Like clothing, hair, makeup, how fit you look. Because it acknowledges effort that was put in. Sometimes it can be because of something that is beyond someones control. Sometimes I will compliment someone on their looks when they compare themselves physically with someone else in a negative way. For example. I ones had a girl tell me boys didn`t like her because she had small breast and no butt. And that is what boys care about. Ofcourse I first told her that the boys that only care about that are not worth having as a boyfriend. But I also asked her is she ever looked at her legs. Because those were really beautiful to kind of lift her mood and self esteem physically.
The other side of this is when you get engaged in a forceful way. For me as a man, I called them to dumb girls who need a strong man types. These girls would act way dumber than they actually were and would tell me how much they needed me to do things for her. They needed a big strong man. This is so ofputting. And I`m sure women experience this with a typical male stereotype aswell. They only compliment your looks because they want to go to bed with you. And not because they want to be nice to you and to give you a good feeling about yourself.
I work at a school with teenagers and young adults ranging 13-22. And when I started working there I was 25. Especially the older girls would constantly hit on me and would make me feel very uncomfortable. Their teachers would also tell me a lot about how interested those girls were in me. Which made it even worse. I`m really glad I turn 34 this year because the age difference is big enough now that they are not longer interested.
Certain cultures are barbaric, I mean a big strong man to protect you, but if he is a head taller or more then baby won't fit and torn sphincter isn't considered a disability, women never quite got sick leave....and chances are he wants sex in less than 6 weeks and may want more babies, so nurse has to see that she must cut before hand, but you can't cut that far so it's inevitably going to tear on next siblings. Then famous husband stitch which was only recently banned, imagine you a women and these are types of men who can't invent any decent systems. And this isn't mentioning wife beating or serial killers. There's also incontinence after child birth and men ever complain that women die less often from virus and need less sick leave. Then there is system of labola where women are sold like cattle but it's father who inherits wealth.
Who on earth writes the legal system and imagine you fall under governance of Germanic republique...you have no ability to resist pre-nitsch philosophy, no system of defence.
Suddenly a new country comes into power and they ensure wives of other republique suffer but all we wanted was women to govern laws affecting women and not men. That way women could negotiate and decide forceps are not suitable for labour before that many babies heads are damaged and eventually on of them goes, oh oh oh....

And to think they did away with mid-wives by portraying them as stupid and useless. It's almost like dictators who burnt resisting witches.

Attachments

• images (48).jpeg
    images (48).jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 28
Certain cultures are barbaric, I mean a big strong man to protect you, but if he is a head taller or more then baby won't fit and torn sphincter isn't considered a disability, women never quite got sick leave....and chances are he wants sex in less than 6 weeks and may want more babies, so nurse has to see that she must cut before hand, but you can't cut that far so it's inevitably going to tear on next siblings. Then famous husband stitch which was only recently banned, imagine you a women and these are types of men who can't invent any decent systems. And this isn't mentioning wife beating or serial killers. There's also incontinence after child birth and men ever complain that women die less often from virus and need less sick leave. Then there is system of labola where women are sold like cattle but it's father who inherits wealth.
Who on earth writes the legal system and imagine you fall under governance of Germanic republique...you have no ability to resist pre-nitsch philosophy, no system of defence.
Suddenly a new country comes into power and they ensure wives of other republique suffer but all we wanted was women to govern laws affecting women and not men. That way women could negotiate and decide forceps are not suitable for labour before that many babies heads are damaged and eventually on of them goes, oh oh oh....
Wow that escelated really fast. I don`t get what any of what you just said had to do with what I was talking about. I could cite a whole list of things where men have it worse than women but I really don`t see the point. And that was never my point of telling my story. It was not to show men have it worse. It was to show it is not a one sided issue, as it is often portrayed to be.
I have a feeling you have a tendency to take a lot of things out of context and you just spurt out facts you have picked up. And you relate things that are not fully related. But that might be because we both are not native english speakers and we might be misunderstanding eachother.

Yes looks and the way people judge them and the way people put people in boxes over them is wrong. It is right regardless people will more receptive to others who put in effort and have confidence but if you do not then it is ok too for good-looking people as well not just less fortunate looking people.
It is nice to give others compliments and it is a way to make anyone feel good.

Wow that escelated really fast. I don`t get what any of what you just said had to do with what I was talking about. I could cite a whole list of things where men have it worse than women but I really don`t see the point. And that was never my point of telling my story. It was not to show men have it worse. It was to show it is not a one sided issue, as it is often portrayed to be.
I have a feeling you have a tendency to take a lot of things out of context and you just spurt out facts you have picked up. And you relate things that are not fully related. But that might be because we both are not native english speakers and we might be misunderstanding eachother.
I got u.
Sometimes autistics 2 get mixed up with what people mean.
I know I do

New Threads

Top Bottom