• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think a lone Extraterrestrial could survive on Earth, undetected by humans?

AGXStarseed

After recently posting an article regarding a woman who claims to have been abducted over 50 times, I started thinking about the various books, movies and TV shows where aliens come/are sent to Earth for various reasons - both evil and benign.

I also started thinking a lot about the biodiversity of life in general (especially when you consider the myriad of forms that animals have evolved into) and how some species can actively thrive in environments they are accidentally introduced to even if it doesn't immediately seem like they would; examples from the UK including the Grey Squirrel, the Ring-Necked Parakeet, the Mink and the Red-Necked Wallaby - all non-native species that have managed to gain a suitable foothold in the country, for better or worse.

All this got me wondering, though.
If a single alien life form ever ended up here on Earth - whether by accident like E.T from E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial or deliberately like Meba from Supersonic Saucer - do you think it would be able to survive on Earth and remain undetected by humanity?

Even more so if they can travel on an inter-dimensional level. What better "camouflage" than to be able to occupy the same space, yet potentially in an entirely different dimension?

Now you see him, now you....wth? :confused:

I know if I was an extraterrestrial, I wouldn't dream of coming to this planet without my "agent". Earth would have to clear it all with my tall friend in silver.

Gort- Berinnnga!!!! :cool:

Last edited:
To even make a guess, we would need a lot more information about:
Biology. What do they eat, breathe, drink? What climate can they live in?
Technology. Did they bring with them the technology to disquise themselves, feed themselves, etc?
Psychology. Are they mentally suited to living alone?
All the other -ologies - Too many others to even begin to guess at.

A more answerable question would be: What types of hypothetical aliens would be capable of living on Earth alone and undetected?

To even make a guess, we would need a lot more information about:
Biology. What do they eat, breathe, drink? What climate can they live in?
Technology. Did they bring with them the technology to disquise themselves, feed themselves, etc?
Psychology. Are they mentally suited to living alone?

A more answerable question would be: What types of hypothetical aliens would be capable of living on Earth alone and undetected?

You've worded it better than I did, so props to you for that.

Supposedly they are here already. We walk among them. Kinda of interesting. Not sure if l am surrounded by aliens or imbeciles. It's a close call. This is an excellent point, why would they want to come here?

unnamed (1).jpg

I think it mainly depends on how well they blend in, like these Metalunans for example.

;)

Humans would probably crucify it.

Seriously though, of course they could. They may already be here. They may have always been around us, observing, even assisting, subtly, or perhaps in the past, more overtly. Too much evidence suggesting we are not alone.

I doubt they could survive the journey to get here, but supposing they do, one of these things could happen:
1. they will succumb to a virus they pick on Earth, and become very sick or die.
2. We will pick up a virus brought by them, become sick and many could die.
3. The alien is the virus, very dangerous for humanity :)

Humans would probably crucify it.

Depends if they found it, I suppose.

Supposedly they are here already. We walk among them. Kinda of interesting. Not sure if l am surrounded by aliens or imbeciles. It's a close call. This is an excellent point, why would they want to come here?

Yeah - without going too deep into this as I don't want the mods to lock the thread, I have heard conspiracy theories about human-alien hybrids living among us, along with a "time traveler" claiming aliens are going to invade us sometime in 2027.
Of course, take those claims with a metaphorical 'pinch of salt'.

As for why they would come here (and assuming it's for benevolent or at least neutral reasons) but want to stay hidden, there's a few possibilities:

- They could want to learn more about us and our culture for multiple reasons - such as studying us in the same way we study animals. The end result of this might be to decide whether we're ready to join one of these so-called 'planetary federations' that some alien contactees claim exist out in space. Reminds me a bit of the John Carpenter film Starman in some ways, which I'd recommend you watch if you haven't already - the scene where he uses his powers to bring a deer back to life always makes me smile.

- They could simply decide to take a vacation here after learning about us (maybe aliens have been distributing our food/entertainment around and so want to come here to learn/try more). In the TV series Lightning Point, two alien girls come to Earth simply because they want to try surfing.
Also, I know at least one fictional 'alien' who really likes our food:

- They could be friendly and have just ended up here by accident. Earth in science fiction is like the space equivalent of black ice; it always seems to cause somebody to crash here if they're not careful.
As such, their time here is usually spent gathering food and supplies to fix their ship/phone home and get out of there. Outside of E.T, the first film that comes to mind for me in this regard is The Glitterball.

- Maybe they've come here because some bad stuff is happening to their homeworld, such as something 'natural' like a polar shift, solar flare, asteroid impact or other notable cosmic event that can screw a planet up. Alternatively, it might be due to war (in which case evacuation would make sense) or due to the world been subjected to Orwellian-style tyranny (or something similar/worse), in which case trying to get away would also make sense - especially if they're an individual/member of a group who is wanted or not wanted.
As such, if they need/chose to evacuate to another world, they may come to Earth to either live out the rest of their lives in relative peace or just to settle down with a hot/cold drink as they 'wait for everything to blow over'.
Outside of the the obvious examples like Superman (DC) and Goku (Dragon Ball) along with other members of their respective species because their world was going to be destroyed for one reason or another, the film Kadoyng had an alien who was exiled from his homeworld because he was an outcast, while the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie had the premise of the main character been sent to Earth because of villains who wanted his power:

Last edited:

full
(If they are compulsive proctologists, that would be a dead give-away...! :eek:
full
full
)

I doubt they could survive the journey to get here, but supposing they do, one of these things could happen:
1. they will succumb to a virus they pick on Earth, and become very sick or die.
2. We will pick up a virus brought by them, become sick and many could die.
3. The alien is the virus, very dangerous for humanity :)

Reminds me of the ending of War of the Worlds, when the narrator returns to London after the Martians have taken over - only to find the Martians succumbing to disease. What makes it more creepy is the fact that the narrator claims there are 'no bacteria on Mars' - so the Martians get fatally ill, with the last one left alive in London (presumably out of confusion as it doesn't know what's happening, pain because of what is happening to it and fear as it realizes it's dying) starts making a howling noise that arguably sounds like a terrified cry for help:

Imagine finding an alien from a crashed ship in such a state - dying and crying out in fear because it doesn't know what is happening to it but only knows its time is coming to an end.
Honestly, I'd probably want to weep - especially if the alien was capable of producing tears from its eyes in a similar way to us.

Insert Wrong Planet joke here.

I've actually heard people say Wells didn't know how to end War of the Worlds so he put in "plot-induced stupidity" with the disease. Like, that happens all the time in real life. Tons of people died that way. Even today, my aunt told me when you go to Thailand, you actually need to eat the super spicy food, cause otherwise you'll get food poisoning from stuff the Thais are immune to, even if you're in a fancy hotel. The spicy food kills the bacteria.

I personally think we are derived from an alien life form and evolved into what we are now. Or maybe we devolved...

New Threads

Top Bottom