• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you talk to animals?

For pet owners: Do you talk to your pet?

• Total voters
I don't have any pets but I used to be followed and purred at by cats all the time, and sometimes dogs as I think they related to me somehow. The dogs used to scare me as I had an extreme phobia of dogs as a child and until recently really. The cats I used to talk to them.

I told my friend's cat that he looked like clawhauser. He didn't seem to agree. Started batting at my hand as I petted him.

Yes I do, and think some of them, like cats and dogs, actually understand more of what we are saying than we realise.

bbb5a74f896fc9ae6d8af8d80119a4ae.jpg

I actually do talk to animals mostly when alone. I say things like say hello to Robins/birds, to dogs & cats. The cows at the gate at a nearby farm really anything that comes across my path :)

Yeah I talk to animals all the time, I say hi to them. One day on my way to work i saw a raccoon and I said hi Rocket!

Yeah, I chit chat with any animals. usually have a conversation with the cat , as someone else said, I narrate with animals like the birds etc

0dcceabb5d3b3e26e70fbd6e9dceb7de.jpg
yep I talk to my dog, when a puppy training him up, told to use 1 syllable words like sit, cross, down, stay etc. I just talk to mine like I would talk to my child. Down the park sometimes people will notice how we communicate and think it's nice. Picture is from his 1st Birthday, more presents than me!

i talk to my furry little buddy Chewyteeth all the time, and
she meoweoops and chirips back pretty much every time.

i like to have nonsense conversations with Chewy, just ask her
random questions and hear her insightful meow responses.

it really doesn't take much to entertain me:oops:

Sure, I talk to animals. I'm a cyclist, and, when I come upon roadkill, I often tell them that I was sorry that they hadn't been more careful. I also talk to cats. When our cat meows, I meow back. We can have some rather long conversations, though I have never known what we've communicated. I used to have a coworker who could bark like a dog. We must have been quite a crazy pair. Anyway, I've read that this is called aspie hunting. You may want to google that.

Yes, often, both pets and wild animals. Sometimes I talk to wild animals so much I scare them away without meaning to.

I have a meow language with my kitties...a stern angry meow if they are naughty, a happy hello meow first thing in the morning, a food meow at dinnertime. The cool thing is, they understand me!
They will meow back in similar ways, have distinct lil squeaks when they want pats and snuggles.

I also talk to my cats all the time, i keep telling them about the exciting move to my mums place soon and the 3 granny cats they get to make friends with and to be nice to the puppy they have to share a place with.

I put my mum on speaker phone when she calls so she can talk to them and they seem to get excited now when my phone rings lol.
My cats love it when i talk to them, they lift their tail up and squeak back and purr.

Love my adorable boys :)

New Threads

Top Bottom