• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you prefer Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter fashion?

Never have been either a clothes horse or a fashion plate. Now I'm old enough I don't have to worry about it and go for comfort. T shirts and jeans year round. If it's cold out I'll wear a jacket on top. I tell you if you want comfort, try bamboo clothing like Cariloha, it's almost like wearing nothing it's so soft and light. Especially good for summer. If I can loose enough weight I might actually try wearing a dress for a change :p

I'm more of a jacket guy and hat guy (fedora, cowboy hat, anything in between, except ball caps!)

I have some winter jackets and full length coats that I love wearing, in summer I can still wear the hats at least...

I have had many types of jobs, and so have every kind of clothing. I also love to snowshoe and walk in extreme cold weather, so I have a lot of sub zero F. Gear. I hate shopping, and I have to buy new clothes as I lost 50 lb in past 9 months.

I am conflicted...warm weather is good cuz it’s way easier to get dressed. Winter in Chicagoland, often everywhere is super overheated, and I have to dress in layers, with summer time clothing my bottom layer. Even at jobs, unless I have an outdoor job, I always have to dress with my sensory for feeling too hot in mind.

My office jobs allow me to wear my vintage Hawaiian shirt collection. Rayon and cottons are cool, comfortable, and bright cheery colorful prints which make me mentally feel great. Cotton pants, jeans, and or cargo looks are great. I am happy I do not have to dress in full business mode anymore.

I dress with comfort in mind, and must wear natural fibers. Even 10% polyester, or synthetics is off limits to me. So is most athletic gear. I also have to wear shoes out of natural materials...vegan “pleather” (synthetic leather)is not an option.

I try to shop thrift stores, and eBay for used clothing as I love high quality well made garments. I rarely shop in regular stores unless I need shoes, strict “business” clothing, or pants. Now that I am not plus sized anymore, my shopping options have once again opened to all kinds of options.
I used to work in the fashion industry, and do enjoy fashion, but now at nearly 62, I could care less. I hate women’s fashions nowadays, as the look is over done, and young women often dress like they are prostitutes, in stilettos, and tight low cut garments. All that makeup is ridiculous. I am into aesexual androgynous looks for my fashion.

I've been a 'clothes horse' for a good part of my life, most of my working life in fact. Also much like Mary Ann I worked for awhile in the fashion industry. Like well made clothing made from natural fabrics like cotton, denim, wool, linen.

Live in a winter climate for a good portion of the year. So Fall/Winter would be my choice as the shorts and t-shirts are worn for two months at the most. Like sweaters and warm pants and gloves and coats and wool hats.

I feel a bit like I'm shutting the conversation down posting this, but I don't care about fashion. I love the Gothic lolita look, but I don't care enough about myself and more about my wallet to pull it off.
I'm also allergic to the sun, so I need to cover practically everything whenever I go outside. Even when it's overcast. Just not when it's night.
My mum got me an awesome set of actual army boots about a decade ago, and find myself dressing around it; wearing army-themed, but not directly military clothing.
Nonetheless, a fun question! :D

I'm not into fashion and I wear my summer clothes until it gets too cold to wear them and then my winter clothes late into the spring until it gets too hot outside.

Fall/Winter is where it's my favorite. I love wearing trackpants and hoodies.

I wear trackpants basically all year round, the only time in summer I wear shorts is at work.

I never been a huge fan of shorts, shirts with buttons or jeans.

Hoodie, trackpants or sweatpants and T-shirt with Airmax 90s and a backward worn cap is my life uniform.

Summer for me. I'll wear shorts year round if I can get away with it. Lol.

I bought a bunch of tanks from Amazon a couple months ago (brand is JD Apparel). They're very comfortable, soft fabric, and fit very well. I prefer shorts with no longer than a 7" inseam, and no cargo pockets. My latest purchases would be a couple pairs of Amazon Essentials 7" shorts, and a couple pairs of Meripex Apparel 5.5" shorts. Again, they fit well, and the fabric is comfortable.

I like fall clothes in a “summer” palette.

What Season Are You?

I have a few pink fleece sweatshirts. I also have a few of the opposite, some polo shirts in fall/winter colors. I know some higher-end brands produce such clothes as a standalone "pre-fall" collection, although with COVID, such standalone pre-fall collections may be going by the wayside.

I like fall and winter clothes the best. Shorts make me uncomfortable, because of how they feel and also how I look in them. I'm a big fan of hoodies and jackets which I think I mentioned in another thread. I don't like hats... I don't like things touching my head. I love how sweaters look on my body- they make me look cuddly. :blush:

New Threads

Top Bottom