• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you prefer Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter fashion?

Pink Jazz

When it comes to fashion, which do you prefer, Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter?

I mostly tend to buy Spring/Summer, because I generally tend to prefer the colors of Spring/Summer and since I live in the Phoenix area, I tend to have less of a use for Fall/Winter clothes. I only buy Fall/Winter clothes on occasion, some of them being some pink fleeces that aren't too heavy for those colder days.

I am basically clothes/fashion challenged, so summer when there is the least of it. :D

Oh wait I forgot. I came up with a rational. I don't follow fashion. I make fashion.

I am basically clothes/fashion challenged, so summer when there is the least of it. :D

Oh wait I forgot. I came up with a rational. I don't follow fashion. I make fashion.

Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter are usually the two major seasons in fashion, however, some brands may split them or have other minor seasons (such as Pre-Fall and/or Resort). My favorite brand, IZOD, has three seasons - Spring (which includes Summer), Fall (which includes Winter), and Holiday (Christmas-type clothing such as Fair Isle sweaters and holiday-colored flannel shirts).

I hate what society considers to be "fashion". It's just non-functioning instruments of torture, causing needless pain and injury, and I despise how other women have been brainwashed by society into believing you have to suffer for your looks. It's been that way for centuries. Women in China were once forced to wear tiny shoes to keep their feet small. Nothing has changed.:rage:

Summer clothing is good, loads of ultra fit women wearing hardly anything :D

Yes, and much respect for Kate Upton who took one for the team doing that Antarctic shoot. (She came close to frostbite and got entry level hypothermia).
nM1Q2UWrdujl.jpg

I don't dress for fashion, I dress for comfort, so:

Spring - T-shirt and jeans.
Summer - T-shirt and shorts.
Autumn - T-shirt and jeans.
Winter - T-shirt and jeans and fleece, and a jacket to go out.

I don't really have a preference, but generally prefer summer because I wear fewer layers and have fewer clothes to wash.

Fall/Winter. Not really an option for me, I have to wear long sleeves and pants to cover up some pretty ugly scarring, so I usually stock up on clothes during those months. Luckily where I live it's cool enough to wear that year-round, and blind enough to the ways of high fashion that nobody really questions it.

Fall/winter. I just want to wear plaid earth tones all the time. Nice, high-quality, soft flannel is so comfortable. Sadly those clothes are not a year round option for me and I am rather miserable trying to find tolerable clothing for summer. So I will mostly wear the same two pair of cargo capri pants and two very soft, thin shirts all summer. Who says green camo can't go with red and navy plaid?

I love my plain turtleneck shirts. In warm weather I never know what to wear and always feel awkward in my clothes. I don't really do "summer clothes" I guess.

cloths are clothes, they are either supposed to keep you warm or keep you ventilated,
who cares what some moron says is 'fashionable'
i always see it as a herd of sheep, waiting with baited breath to follow the shepard
beeee, beeee

I don't dress for fashion, I dress for comfort, so:

Spring - T-shirt and jeans.
Summer - T-shirt and shorts.
Autumn - T-shirt and jeans.
Winter - T-shirt and jeans and fleece, and a jacket to go out.

I don't really have a preference, but generally prefer summer because I wear fewer layers and have fewer clothes to wash.

This is my ideal as well, just replace jeans with cargo pants. I find them to be a little more comfortable and I like having pockets.

cloths are clothes, they are either supposed to keep you warm or keep you ventilated,
who cares what some moron says is 'fashionable'
i always see it as a herd of sheep, waiting with baited breath to follow the shepard
beeee, beeee

I typically go for mid-range brands such as IZOD. Premium and luxury brands are typically out of my price range, which some people like to buy just as a status symbol.

I alsmost never buy clothes unless absolutly necessary, most of the time I wear one of my 3 jeans and one of my 10 shirts and something else depending on the weather. Well mother always buy me something once in a while so I dont totally run out of things to wear.
But my closet is filled with stuff I have for 10 years.

The worst part is shoes for me unless they are not destroyed I keep them.

So I dont care that much.

I dress for my sensory issues and social anxiety more than anything else, so my clothes are a lot less cute/frilly/girly/colorful/flashy than i'd like them to be. Winter also lasts a long time here, so i spend most of the year in plain yoga leggings and nerd shirts, occasionally i put up with jeans. But my favorite clothing is definitely summer styles because shorts and dresses are sooooooooo much more tolerable than pants and socks and clunky shoes! Although i will say i like the feeling of heavy jackets and my fur-boots in the winter, idk why it's just nice.

I do not care about fashion. I buy cloths that are comfortable. That is all I care about. If others (except my wife) do not like how I dress, it is their problem, not mine. However, my NT wife does care about fashion. When we are out and about she makes me wear fashionable, uncomfortable clothing. During those times I dress for her. Happy wife, happy life.

Totally fashion challenged.
I just buy according to comfort and try to look nice. I don't like bright colors much at all, (red is my most unfavorite color in anything - not even sure why?) I try not to wear anything that gathers unwanted attention. I do like tee shirts with quirky quotes. As far as seasonal, I like fall clothes because I like fall and late Fall weather the best.

Heat sux the life out of me so I just wear shorts, polos, or tee shirts everyday spring, summer, fall, and sometimes even in the winter (just add a soft hoody)... When the hairs on my legs start gathering ice, I will start considering wearing pants, but i hate all that fabric scraping on my skin... yuck. : )

I do not care about fashion. I buy cloths that are comfortable. That is all I care about. If others (except my wife) do not like how I dress, it is their problem, not mine. However, my NT wife does care about fashion. When we are out and about she makes me wear fashionable, uncomfortable clothing. During those time I dress for her. Happy wife, happy life.

I have to wear formal clothes about 2 times a year for work... I am like the fidgeting kid in church (I also bring my "normal clothes" with me and the second I am allowed to change, its done)...

I cant set still. I'm pulling straining, freaking out inside... Happy LIFE? I hope she doesn't force you to do that really often??? However, you may not suffer with Sensory issues like I do either... so then of course it wouldn't be such a big deal... I love looking good, its the nightmare of how my body is reacting to it, that makes me so crazy... : )

New Threads

Top Bottom