• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you pay attention to the calendar

The only reason I knew it was good friday yesterday is that just about everything was closed, and are usually closed for three days in a row. Also the proliferation of giant chocolate bunnies all over the grocery stores, large hunks of ham and big chickens.

Couldn't figure out on thursday why there were an unusually large amount of frantic people in the grocery store, buying flowers. Then I realized the following day everything would be closed.

Last edited:
My mind rarely goes to calendars or schedules. It’s too busy roaming the cosmos, bounding through programming playgrounds and trying to hunt down the latest stash of chocolate that my children may or may not have hidden. My wife normally alerts me to appointments, deadlines or events.
Try to learn to do it yourself as it's a big shock if you had to do it for any period of time

I do my best to keep up with it but I don’t always know which days are special days because they don’t get as much attention as holidays. I also have to make sure I know what my work days are so I look at the ones on my phone constantly.
Try learning with a memory palace now the way the world is it could be very hard if you can't remember it parrot fashion

My thought is why do bankers need days off? That's where all the money is and most what they do is sit and take people's money. How difficult can that be and why does that deserve a day off? Never understood bank holidays.
I couldn't even remember if id liked your post but that's premenopause worse than pregnancy brain

Interestingly, when I was doing govt office work, they traded off public hols except xmas, new years and one other for 2 weeks extra rec leave, which is a great idea. I'd love to see that go worldwide, just 3 or 4 public hols and employees given extra rec leave in lieu of lost hols.

I was on a call with customer service, and when the woman suddenly said, "Happy Easter!" I was all like "wha - Oh, yeah, S-same to -you too" She messed up my pre-programmed response by throwing that Happy Easter out there, lol.

It's not Easter here, because it's a Christian Orthodox country where I live, but since I'm not religious it's only real significance for me is that I get some time off work, which is most welcome.

I don't look at clocks or calendars. If I could, I would eliminate them from my home entirely. As a mom I have to use them, but I wish I could just rise with the sun, and just count the days of the week.

I don't look at clocks or calendars. If I could, I would eliminate them from my home entirely. As a mom I have to use them, but I wish I could just rise with the sun, and just count the days of the week.
You could if you said you were solely Jewish ,as it would be discriminating against you, if you were denied something ,the Jewish lunar calendar is rest to rest or Shabbat to Shabbat not live to work .

I often look at the calendar and at the time because I always forget what date it is today... I was in the same situation, so every morning in the work chat I ask if I work today or today is a day off. (I hate work chats by the way ... constant conversations about nothing)

I've been unemployed for years now. The calendar is meaningless to me unless I have a medical appointment coming up.

You could if you said you were solely Jewish ,as it would be discriminating against you, if you were denied something ,the Jewish lunar calendar is rest to rest or Shabbat to Shabbat not live to work .
count the days to Shabbat <3

I've tried to explain this aspect of my personality to my coworkers, and the ones who I suspect of ASD understand it, even if they have mastered the issue, and the clearly NTs don't. I have two jobs, a podcast, and teen children, and I'm always forgetting things or being surprised by how soon an event arrived. Especially birthdays, I'm so bad with birthdays, and it makes me feel like a failure at humaning. I even have alerts on my phone for certain things, but I forget to set up alerts a lot of times. Or I dismiss them and then dismiss them in my mind as well. Flying by the seat of my pants here, and not comfortable with that at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom