• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you pay attention to the calendar

selena

I went to work today and had no idea I was supposed to take the day off.

I was wondering where everybody was and it finally dawned on me that today was the Friday before Easter, which the company celebrated.

I guess I could still use the "it's covid, I have no weekend plans" excuse, but most people would still know the big days just by talking to other people anyway... which I clearly don't do.

Yeah, I never know when the catholic holidays in spring are. They are confusing to me because they don’t have a set date. Luckily I have to do a lot of planning at my current job and the calendar in our planning software won’t allow me to plan on those holidays, so I was prepared this year ;)

I didn’t realize it was Good Friday and that’s why my brother wasn’t downstairs working (from home) at the usual time for a weekday. I really only pay enough attention to the calendar to know when I have appointments, since I don’t have a job and don’t really interact much with people outside my immediate family. That is, I know things like having an appointment next Tuesday (for example), but don’t know the date (either today or for the appointment). It doesn’t really “click” with me until someone says something like “Thanksgiving is two weeks away.”

I am retired so l also didn't realize it was Easter. Some part of me wants to work but the other part says chill. And relax.

I was wondering where everybody was and it finally dawned on me that today was the Friday before Easter, which the company celebrated.

I guess I could still use the "it's covid, I have no weekend plans" excuse, but most people would still know the big days just by talking to other people anyway... which I clearly don't do.
I've rarely known when it's Easter\Pesach(passover),got passed 11 and got less interested

Only for appointments that I write on the day and the time to be there.
Otherwise just the main Holidays such as Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving.
I always remember Easter because I was born on Good Friday.
So when my birthday is near, I know Easter is too.

I remember going to school and no one was there. It happened more than once

Wouldn't know what day it was generally, usually surprised by public hols, there's so many of them.

Calendars are a HUGE part of my life, without a calendar with written duties, times, and so on I'd just waste my life away and forget everything. That being said, I don't really care about the holidays.

I find it curious how some of my co-workers know my work schedule far better than I do myself. I usually look at my schedule a few times a week,...sometimes I come home from work, and say to myself, "Oh, I have to work tomorrow." Otherwise,...no clue. Thankful for my phone calendar and the big "master calendar" on the kitchen countertop. Specific appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.) I do pay attention to. I've had a few incidents where I was supposed to work, and didn't know,...a few,...in 30+ years. At any rate, I generally don't care what day of the week it is, I generally don't observe holidays,...frankly, as a whole, I generally pay more attention to the weather than I do my schedule.

I am retired so l also didn't realize it was Easter. Some part of me wants to work but the other part says chill. And relax.

There is a lot to like about not having a set schedule. Since I retired for good, my wife and I eat when we get hungry, go to bed when we get tired, get up when we want to. We are never sure what day it is and that is OK. My wife keeps track of our doctor appointments on her tablet. It is a relaxed way of life.

My mind rarely goes to calendars or schedules. It’s too busy roaming the cosmos, bounding through programming playgrounds and trying to hunt down the latest stash of chocolate that my children may or may not have hidden. My wife normally alerts me to appointments, deadlines or events.

being me I find it strange that there are bank holidays and that other places close that are not a bank
My thought is why do bankers need days off? That's where all the money is and most what they do is sit and take people's money. How difficult can that be and why does that deserve a day off? Never understood bank holidays.

My thought is why do bankers need days off? That's where all the money is and most what they do is sit and take people's money. How difficult can that be and why does that deserve a day off? Never understood bank holidays.
I think it's out dated ,although the bank I have an account with are a world unto themselves

The lovely lady at the post office wished me a happy Easter and I was stumped for a moment, had totally forgotten it was Sunday. I'm not Christian, and so don't celebrate it, but of course she doesn't know that, she seemed a bit surprised.

I do have a pretty rigid schedule that I keep to, but it has little to do with the calendar months or holidays, etc. It's by day of week- Monday housecleaning, shipping for business Tuesday & Friday, and so on. I really (REALLY!) like knowing what "subject" the day's work will be as soon as I wake up.

I have missed so many things because I forgot about either the day or the event! I use a calendar app that sends me reminders and I miss them.

I worked through a day off 2 weeks ago. I was oblivious to the date.

I missed my vaccine because I was a week out with the date.

Ed

I do my best to keep up with it but I don’t always know which days are special days because they don’t get as much attention as holidays. I also have to make sure I know what my work days are so I look at the ones on my phone constantly.

New Threads

Top Bottom