• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like other people with autism

I had problems with both people, autists and non-autists. : D I think you can not trivialize it, but I think maybe I can benefit more from NT and their usual higher social skills, but maybe other autists can understand me better and at all you can not trivialize it. and I have to say that many people here have high social skills, even they are autistic. sometimes because they had more problems earlier and learned much over the years.

I had mostly NT friends and was not that close with autists, because they are simple said more rare than people without autism.

I think for me it is not important at all, because I had problems with all kind of people and don´t think it had something to do with autism and NT.

I saw also malicious autists and also malicious NT, so I have no favor. I don´t really care if someone is an autist or not, to be honest.

a very ambiguous answer, unusual for me, but I have no certain opinion about that.

Something I find interesting, on the rare occasions when I do find myself among a large group of NTs, it is akin to watching a flock of social savants. The interactions are so easy, the name and face recall mind blowing. I just sit back and people watch, everyone else is so busy doing the talking they don't notice that I say nothing, and just observe.

Last edited:
Insufficient data to comply. :oops:

I've never met an autistic person in R/L with sufficient time to be able to say whether I liked them or not.

Though I have had prolonged exposure to those in hindsight I believe were on the spectrum. Who I tend to fondly think of them as "kindred spirits". :)

Truth is over the years some of us have seen a few members come and go who might be considered to be misanthropes. Some by their own reasoning.

Truth is over the years some of us have seen a few members come and go who might be considered to be misanthropes. Some by their own reasoning.

And sometimes this can change. I have been very depressed in the past, before Jan. 11th of this year, and can be highly misanthropic when depressed. A lot of that depends on circumstances & surroundings, more than most people would like to admit.

Neutral - each person, whether they're autistic or NT, are all unique. Some I jive with, and others I don't. No discrimination or preference for either. Depends on the individual.

well, wikipedia says that misantropes don´t have to be bad persons and that they not inevitable treat others bad. it says that there are different types of misantropes.

"The destructive misanthrope is said to be driven by a hatred of humankind and aims at tearing it down, with violence if necessary.[8][23]

For the fugitive misanthrope, fear is the dominant emotion and leads the misanthrope to seek a secluded place in order to avoid the corrupting contact with civilization and humanity as much as possible.[6] The contemporary misanthropic literature has also identified two other less-known types of misanthropic lifestyles: the activist and the quietist response.[4]

The activist misanthrope is driven by hope despite his negative appraisal of humanity. This hope is based on the idea that it is possible and feasible for humanity to transform itself and the activist works actively towards this ideal.[8]

The quietist misanthrope, on the other hand, takes a more pessimistic approach towards what the individual can do for bringing about this transformation. In contrast to the more radical reactions of the other responses mentioned, she or he is resigned to quiet acceptance and small-scale avoidance.[23][4]"

Misanthropy - Wikipedia

I'd say it would vary, just like with the rest of the population without ASD. I don't come back to the forums for no reason...some people here I would definitely not get along with, some are pretty cool and some I could probably really click with.

To my knowledge, I have only seen a handful of people with ASD in my lifetime, some of which I'd say (in my unprofessional opinion) could be or are diagnosed, or have traits, so I really don't have much to go on here as far as knowing who has it or not and my personal opinions on said people.

Last edited:
THat is nasty ,sounds like hate,so why you even on this website if that's how you feel:(

I don't hate anyone. The character flaws I mentioned are all traits that non-autistic people have too. In my experience, no one likes being around people like that regardless of whether they have or don't have autism.

My point is that it's not genetic differences but flaws that are within a person's control that are the problem. That should inspire hope in people who are autistic.

Last edited:
For some people, it is a much greater effort than others. I'm not sure it is always possible.

Making that effort requires realizing that an effort needs to be made. There are a lot of people who think that making an effort to change is wrong and the world should accept us exactly as we are. That philosophy is quite comforting to many.

When people are told repeatedly by many people that they are self-absorbed, too sensitive, or think too rigidly they should realize they have a problem and need to change. Expecting people to accept character flaws that harm other people is just wrong and people who think like that are not being realistic. It's comforting to people who are stubborn and lazy because they can keep living in their own world not making any effort to get better.

Personally, I hate being involuntarily unique. I'd shave off 40 points of IQ and several years of my life if it could just be "normal" and "well adjusted." But such things are not possible, so I do what I can to get by. I find that people who share my interests are more likely to be autistic. Still, most of my friends are NTs because that is what most of humanity is.

No one is perfect. The fact that you have friends shows you've made an effort to be a decent person. If you did not make an effort, you'd be suffering the natural consequences of being alone.

well, wikipedia says that misantropes don´t have to be bad persons and that they not inevitable treat others bad. it says that there are different types of misantropes.

I'm just considering such a term based on a standard English dictionary definition. No more, no less.

mis·an·thrope | \ ˈmi-sᵊn-ˌthrōp
\
Definition of misanthrope
: a person who hates or distrusts humankind

Definition of MISANTHROPE

Typically, I do, because they don't follow the script and that stimulates my mind. In order to make conversations with typical people interesting, I have to do all the work and it's like a battle.

I'm friends/acquaintances with other people (period)

I rarely have knowledge of whether they are Autistic unless they tell me

I do enjoy the company of people who are more eclectic, which I think makes life more interesting, and perhaps (possibly) some of those more eclectic people are autistic

Funny thing, I was a small classic car cruise tonight, and one lady simply said in that she is Autistic, there were only three of us in the conversation anyway, so I shared that I was as well... More to the point, she seemed quite likable, and most definitely an outgoing person, someone I would interact with again, not sure if I will ever see her again though...

I don't hate anyone. The character flaws I mentioned are all traits that non-autistic people have too. In my experience, no one likes being around people like that regardless of whether they have or don't have autism.

My point is that it's not genetic differences but flaws that are within a person's control that are the problem. That should inspire hope in people who are autistic.
As we say in Boston "Whatevah dude" and ur certainly no person I'd want to be around.

I like us. I think l have a NT friend also. I have a friend(s) that are probably ND.

But at the end of the day, they are friends, l don't care if their hair is green or of their diversity as human beings. I find them supportive, and pretty much open, and both my female friends are European.

@Matthias ,so you think my post is funny,what's funny??
Ever cross your ignorant mind that a lot of people with autism/Aspergers have a negative attitude cause they have been so hurt by people

REMINDER

If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the report button. Do not reply to the thread. If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it.

General Rules & Guidelines

So you like people with autism/Asperger's but you see them as silly,corny trivial people?

I suspect that is not what Yeshuasdaughter meant, You are using near-synonyms that don't mean exactly the same thing.

I am quirky, almost by definition any autistic would be as it means having a set of traits that are different from others.
I was a nerd long before I even heard about autism, but I'd rather be a nerd than a jock.
Some people find me funny, most of the time I intend to be, sometimes they find things that I don't intend to be be funny amusing, other times they aren't amused at what I intended to be funny.

I admit I can also sometimes be silly, I am often very corny (at least my jokes can be). Trivial? that would be subjective, to some I'm too serious, others not serious enough, but I'm not sure where you got the impression that Yesuasdaughter considered aspies "trivial"

New Threads

Top Bottom