• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like other people with autism

Friendly NT here here - yes I do. There is no BS with people on the spectrum. It can be a little difficult to navigate their anxiety and lack of social skills but I know what I get is the real person.

With NTs I have to navigate and read their intend, body language, and objective. What do they want is what I always ask. It's like walking into a car dealership and being approached. I have to be careful what I say not to lead to some political or religious exchange. Also the current work environment is so delicate. One wrong word can not land you a job.

ASD people no. It's just what it is. No agenda, no subterfuge, no deceit.

My wife is ASD and if she ever died I think I would date another ASD woman. NT women have too much drama lol.

Most of my family has been diagnosed with ASD and ADHD...so there's no getting around that.

I don't go outside much, so I don't think a friendship is going to happen. I think I'm doing fine with the ones I have on this forum.

If I were to have some sort of chemistry with someone on the spectrum, then so be it...a friendship it is. I don't tend to pick or choose friendships based off of being on the spectrum. If they're a nice person...cool.

Interesting... Was at a car event today, and talked with an old acquaintance, a lady I did portraits of many years ago, have never really associated her as a friend as such, never really spent time with her outside car stuff... At one point today she quite openly stated that she is autistic (took me by surprise), which led to a short discussion... Being a car show and other people, plus her father organized the show, we talked briefly... She seems interested in getting together again, away from a car show, over a coffee...

I would spend time with her, just to share life's stories, and I did mention this forum to her...

i don't actually know any other people with diagnosed autism in the real world. since my diagnosis, i was sent an information pack, with names of all of the local organisations who can help you after your diagnosis was confirmed. maybe when i reach out to them, maybe i will meet some people then.

To me people are just people, I get along really well with some and not so well with others. I've met quite a few who I suspect might be on the spectrum but it's not something I would ever ask them about, I like them or I don't.

New Threads

Top Bottom