• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever worry people will think you're hitting on them when you're not?

I think that basically that we use far different criteria to assess the world, including people, than do most neurotypical people.

Also some of them are purposely manipulating others, including us.

So if we’re basing our words and actions in a sort of altruistic kindness, we are going to be seen as being at a disadvantage as well as vulnerable.

It’s not just for romantic purposes of course. Some of this is outright nasty bullying or worse.

On the other hand, there are lots of good people out there and hopefully we will bump into them. :)

I've met a small number of people I think I can really trust ... others I can trust as much as our interests overlap ... and then many I just don't really trust at all ... particularly after the past year and half has revealed just how selfish and hateful people can be.

I definitely want to talk about our vulnerability and tendency to attract abusers, but its not really on-topic for this thread. We'll save it for the next one. ;)

No, because I don't. And I ignore with when people do.

It depends of the age of the guy. A younger man (late teens, early twenties) will likely see it as a sexual intent, but this is because young women are hardly straightforward in these matters. An older man (late twenties and older) will not think more than what was explicitly said.

Most be noted that this can vary a lot from culture to culture. May be different in the US or wherever you're from.
I once had a man in his late 30’s tell me he thought I was interested in him because I smiled at him.:eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom