• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever feel that if you are forced by a person?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
That they do not understand autism or really love you. Because forcing an autistic is like emotional abuse.
It is hard to love someone who always emotionally, psychologically abuses you and gaslights you as well for feeling hurt or not agreeing with something they say like spit and laugh in ur fave when u fall flat on ur face
Do you not enjoy being forced? Forcing me especially too forcing me to understand can lead to meltdowns for me
Wonder if there is anyone on this earth who will not seriously hurt me and use and abuse me and fall flat on my face when I suffer and have my dreams taken and my beauty taken
Wonder if people will only be able to love me when everything in my life is destroyed and unless I quit being so sensitive and understand difficult rubbish then I will be left high and dry

Life's too short. Get new people around you. Seriously.

People that exhibit this sort of behavior are doing it because they are insecure. In order for them to feel "above" you, which they need to "massage their ego", they find any little aspect they can target and exploit. The fact that you get emotional, well, that's just "icing on the cake" for people like this. It's sick, twisted behavior. Kick them to the curb. Believe me, the guilt goes away real quick when you realize you're no longer stressed and can actually find some peace in your life.

I know, it is difficult to find people who are strong, confident, calm, assertive personalities. There's a difference between someone who is forcing you (their motivation) versus positively supporting you (your motivation). Find people that positively support you.

Losing myself with people you describe took me a long time to finally develop my agency. The experience taught me to identify accepting people.

That they do not understand autism or really love you. Because forcing an autistic is like emotional abuse.
It is hard to love someone who always emotionally, psychologically abuses you and gaslights you as well for feeling hurt or not agreeing with something they say like spit and laugh in ur fave when u fall flat on ur face
Do you not enjoy being forced? Forcing me especially too forcing me to understand can lead to meltdowns for me
Wonder if there is anyone on this earth who will not seriously hurt me and use and abuse me and fall flat on my face when I suffer and have my dreams taken and my beauty taken
Wonder if people will only be able to love me when everything in my life is destroyed and unless I quit being so sensitive and understand difficult rubbish then I will be left high and dry
It is normal for NT's to not understand autism. They can't; they don't have the umwelt for it. It's not their fault, it's the physical neural wiring of the brain. The opposite is also true. I cannot understand much of what NT's do and say. My umwelt is different. So, it is kind of natural for them to try to force you to be like them. They don't understand. The best thing they can do is to understand that they do not and cannot understand. If they can at least do that, then they will stop trying to force you to be different.

I don't think that not understanding you or trying to force you means they don't love you. They simply do not understand. I think they actually "believe" they are helping. It's just the unfortunate reality is they don't, nor can they, truly understand you. They simply don't know what they are doing. They don't have your umwelt and vice versa.

It really has helped me to lean about umwelt and that neither I nor other people can fully understand the other. At least, I feel more understanding of them when they try to push me or change me. With that, I have learned the art of, "No thank you."

What I have learned, is that the one person that is absolutely the most important to love you is YOU.

New Threads

Top Bottom