• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do You Challenge Yourself Mentally?

I sometimes start going to the powers of 2 in my head, like 2^2; 2^3...an so on, the larges I have reached is 2^17 or something, mostly when I can't sleep...counting sheeps in a different way lol

When I'm properly rested my imagination tends to take me off on wild adventures or invent characters impulsively
Or if I'm feeling more stoic (or low energu) I'll take something I've been puzzling over or has been bothering me and analyse it
But this is only when I'm static and it's rare I have a reason to be standing around in my free time.

Yes Ed, I do. I find it to be an excellent way to push my limits. I am always playing games with myself. I have played the exact one you do with the kettle. How much can I get done before it goes off?

I also like to imagine parts of my daily life as quests and my tasks are objectives to fill. I like this thread. :p

As an insurance underwriter I was challenged every day with having to make important decisions "on the fly" usually with minimal information. Whether or not to accept or reject people for various types of insurance, in accordance with company and state policy. Often involving substantial amounts of policy premiums, apart from horrendous potential liability considerations. And having to coordinate it all through the cooperation and success of other coworkers.

Not likely to be one of the jobs ideally suited for people on the spectrum of autism.

New Threads

Top Bottom