• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in a supreme being?

• Total voters
I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ being the Son of God. I read my Bible daily and I enjoy spiritual music. I don't judge, condemn, criticize or find fault with anyone except when they are hurting others. No one has the right to force their beliefs on anyone else. I believe in the pledge of allegiance...one nation under God. My beliefs are based on personal experiences. I have had 3 near death experiences, but miraculously survived each one. And, to be blunt, there's no way that I could have walked away from a 10-year-heavy-cocaine addiction without rehab unless I had a Divine Intervention. It had to be God! Btw, clean and sober 4 years now.

i've built my own religion.. no specific name.

basically (i'll try to keep this short.. but i am explaining a religion..) everything has a spirit/soul/essence/whatever you want to use for the term.. if it's alive, it has a spirit. so a human, a dog and a tree are all the same to me but with obvious communication issues... although i've had easier conversations with trees than i have with humans lol. but when that living thing dies, the body is recycled back into the planet and the spirit moves onto another new lifeform. so maybe you'll be another human, maybe a tree, who knows.. as far as who created these spirits all living things have, i don't believe in a specific god... there could be, but it can't be proven to me. i do believe something is there because i can see small loops throughout history where a balance is always occurring. but.. god, nature, time, whatever one would feel is the thing that created everything else.. has such a further vision of time than us that most people can't even fathom how a family burning to death in a fire can eventually balance to a beneficial thing, or a forest coming back to life could become a bad thing.. but all religions that speak of heaven and hell use those terms to explain that there is a balance. so even when you see somebody benefiting through the corrupt society that exists today.. it doesn't benefit their soul. usually when those people pass, i watch the family fight over their belongings like vultures, throw away anything that others would consider sentimental such as personal photos and war medals, and the family is never truly happy.. just financially well off.

i've pieced it together from various religions, my own observations, and my experience with rummaging through peoples stuff lol (storage bins, house cleanouts.. things like that. i'm not burglarizing homes)

clearly i could be wrong and it could just be a pure benefit to treat people like crap, step over them to benefit yourself and after your fantastic wild party life full of fame and fortune you go to heaven and have more insane parties with jesus and all the saints... i don't honestly know. but i do know that if i was to believe that, i would have nothing to hope for and my level of depression is pretty severe as it is so i need to hope that even if this life i have doesn't get better, the good i do in it has some type of meaning. because the other way just turns into a logical reasonable method for suicide and while that could confirm whatever happens after you die, it's not the way i want to find out. sorry, i go from OK to miserable very quickly.. my head has been spiraling over this girl i like but that's another topic

but the purpose of life should be to benefit, promote and continue positive existence.. those who cannot, should not be rewarded. i'm selfless to a fault, i can tell you how to "friendzone" yourself simply by doing everything people say you should do for a person you care about and how to torture yourself at the same time. i've left this girls house smiling and happy just to be crying and need meds to go to sleep by the time i got home (it's a 30min car ride.. and that's with turning on music to give me a totally opposite feeling. otherwise.. if something like savage garden comes on, i'm not making it through the song) and texted "thanks, i had fun hanging out. sleep well, goodnight"..... my poker face is phenomenal

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ being the Son of God. I read my Bible daily and I enjoy spiritual music. I don't judge, condemn, criticize or find fault with anyone except when they are hurting others. No one has the right to force their beliefs on anyone else. I believe in the pledge of allegiance...one nation under God. My beliefs are based on personal experiences. I have had 3 near death experiences, but miraculously survived each one. And, to be blunt, there's no way that I could have walked away from a 10-year-heavy-cocaine addiction without rehab unless I had a Divine Intervention. It had to be God! Btw, clean and sober 4 years now.

I am not a religious person, but this is why I will never condemn a religion or a religious person. This is a good thing.

Just a poll. Do you believe, or not. If we want to get into specific arguments I'd suggest opening a separate thread so as not to muddy the waters here too much.
Hello, I came here today with a different concern in mind, but lately I have given a lot of thought to my origin (as in life). I am an atheist. Satisfied that life can come from the right planet with the right conditions (like earth). And that my existence is due to my parents and conception. The Christian philosophy is a real part of my life but organized religion and the idea of a "god" has never made sense (neither has heaven and hell). Thanks for the topic.

I no longer believe, if I do i think hes a jerk and he hates autistic people and takes joy in it!
Don't say that ....Lucifer is always arguing that God is unfair and playing favorites if he helps us.....Blame Lucifer if you hate how things are.....he is the one running around hurting us all to make God cry.

As for my own beliefs, I personally think that there might be some kind of supreme being or unifying life force, but whatever it may be, the universe is far too big for it to have any bearing on the affairs of man. I'm not ruling it out or saying for sure, but whatever the case may be it's not gonna keep me up at night. It's a moot point.

I don't worship or recognize the existence of any god that is present in any existing religious system, although lately I find that I have an increasing level of respect for the archetype of Satan as a symbol of revolt against hegemony and as a champion of individual self-determination and progress for humanity. While gods in a traditional sense of the word do not exist in the material realm, they do as a ubiquitous a social construct in the minds of their followers and that is more than enough to have an incredible impact on peoples' lives - historically, a seriously malignant one. If you go back throughout history and analyze all the genocides, atrocities, wars, oppression, et cetera that have been perpetrated, you will find that religion has been one of the key motivating factors in a lot of them. I can not think of a single innovation or positive social change in this world that has come about thanks to religion. Its spineless apologists will often regurgitate these diatribes verbatim about how their god supposedly advocates for compassion - if that were the case, their deeds would reflect this, and not be defined by genocidal bigotry and willful ignorance. And as for the times when altruistic deeds are performed with a religious motivation, it's never out of genuine compassion and acknowledgement of the need of the person being helped so much as a deceptive and manipulative lure to convert them.

What's more, I'm perplexed by (and frankly disturbed that) any person on the autistic spectrum could subscribe to any religion. So much child abuse and deliberate refusal to accept empirical reality is done in the name of religion that I think it's in polar opposition to the interests of the autistic community. The phrase "Uncle Tom" comes to mind.

My god is the vision of myself at its best - smartest, strongest, healthiest, happiest. It's not a deity so much as an ideal of godly importance to me. My worship is taking steps toward realizing this vision and making the gap between my current self and the god-self narrower by the day so that they may one day overlap - it is the only worship of any tangible worth. Call it arrogant, call it what you will, but I've been subjected to so much opposition and adversity over the years that I've developed these tendencies to pull myself out and galvanize my own will so that I may never be put in those positions again.

Last edited:
Much is done in the name of religion which has more to do with human greed and selfishness than the teaching of its founder. In my mind, that doesn't negate truth.

I am not a religious person, but this is why I will never condemn a religion or a religious person. This is a good thing.
Being religious means you put your faith to be defined by a religion. I find no religion fits exactly with my faith and lifestyle; only parts and bits. That is how I respect religious people. They are so devoted.

Q) Do you believe in God?

A) "Believe" is the key word and no I don't believe in things when there is no evidence to support any such belief.

Much is done in the name of religion which has more to do with human greed and selfishness than the teaching of its founder. In my mind, that doesn't negate truth.
zurb , is wise human games in the name of God do not change who God really is, nor do they make what he offers us bad. Being close to God is not the same as being in a church, they are two very different things entirely.

Just saw this question, is this a genuine question with free debate? I love civility and discussion, I also love to learn and experience new perspectives. I would love to discuss this with other people with thought processes like me.

Just saw this question, is this a genuine question with free debate? I love civility and discussion, I also love to learn and experience new perspectives. I would love to discuss this with other people with thought processes like me.
which question?

New Threads

Top Bottom