• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in a supreme being?

• Total voters

V.I.P Member
Just a poll. Do you believe, or not. If we want to get into specifics I'd suggest opening a separate thread so as not to muddy the waters here too much.

As in god being an old man, sitting on a cloud, doing nothing all day long?? No.
Maybe there`s something else, like a force we dont (yet) understand?

f.

Obviously posted to the wrong forum (message removed).

Anyway. I don't know. I'm not sure. I don't like to think about it to be honest.

No. I'm not naive enough to believe in a God.
I must ask this, due to getting tired of it and all. Why must you always find a way to insult whole groups of or individual people when you post? Do you even get, assuming you're not trolling, how much that tells others about yourself? On the other hand, thank you for being so open. <_<

I must ask this, due to getting tired of it and all. Why must you always find a way to insult whole groups of or individual people when you post? Do you even get, assuming you're not trolling, how much that tells others about yourself? On the other hand, thank you for being so open. <_<

Being religious is naive. It makes me angry, its to cause for most of the fighting currently going on in the world, religion has a lot to answer for. If one person was a christian, they'd be put in a padded cell.

I don't believe in god. I just don't see how it can be possible. Simple as that.

That said, I don't go around forcing my beliefs on other people. Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. =)

In this case, that's my point exactly. benjimanbreeg is like the atheist version of a Jehovah's Witness; instead, it's not door to door but rather in any topic, anywhere that involves the concept of religion.

Btw you still haven't explained this tactic quite thoroughly enough. I'm not the first to be put off by your comments on this forum, and this has nothing to do with religion.

Some people need to smarten the hell up before they hit 'reply', what's so hard about not insulting people? It really does get old, fast...

In all fairness, when it comes to religion, I'm the same(not to claim some sort of moral supremacy of Benji, thus saying it's okay because I do it).
Religion is a lot more than just controversial beliefs. I genuinely think the world would be a better place without religion, and it angers me when religious people go around acting like they're ethical when all they're doing is enabling the killings of thousands in third world countries, taking away the rights of gays, etc. and saying that all the killing in the past in the name of Jesus Christ were okay(millions).
I personally don't have any intentions to talk to someone who does that. There's very few religious people who I talk to, and that's based on their religion, not how they follow it.
EMZ=/

In this case, that's my point exactly. benjimanbreeg is like the atheist version of a Jehovah's Witness; instead, it's not door to door but rather in any topic, anywhere that involves the concept of religion.

Btw you still haven't explained this tactic quite thoroughly enough. I'm not the first to be put off by your comments on this forum, and this has nothing to do with religion.

Some people need to smarten the hell up before they hit 'reply', what's so hard about not insulting people? It really does get old, fast...

What the **** are you talking about? I don't like extremist religious people.

I don't have to explain anything to you.

So does the group hug thing, and people acting like the internet is real life. If I think religious people are naive, i'm entitled to that view. Like some religious people would believe I deserve to be burnt for eternity in a sea of holy fire, for not believing in their religion.

Like some religious people would believe I deserve to be burnt for eternity in a sea of holy fire, for not believing in their religion.
Any atheist will most likely have lost count of the number of times they have been told that kind of thing.

It really is pretty offensive.

Saying that "those who believe in God are naive" is very mild in comparison. IMHO

Well I wasn't just talking about his religious stance, I mean in every other thread he posts in there's some sort of insult, I don't care how minor, but he finds a way to put it in there. Sure, he's entitled to his opinion, but I don't go around telling people how I think that this whole group of people is this or that unless it ties in directly with the point I'm trying to make. Personally, I find many devout Christians to be a hair short of insane and they wouldn't hesitate to say what they think others beliefs, but there are plenty more that aren't. And, it's really a bit of a stretch to pool all religious wars into one group, it's not like the driving forces always believed in what they were doing, mostly it was the people in the higher ends making the decisions. It's arguable that more people have died due to political interests than wars. That's more for comparison mind you, I'm not saying I support either if it's just to expand territory.

When you get Blair and Dubya telling the public they went to war cause god told them. And the reason the ****tards flew into the trade towers and blew up out underground, was down to their religion. They think they're going to paradise. I saw the other day that muslims over here were protesting, cause paradise wants to reduce the amount of virgins they get, by like 15%. PLEASE!!!! People need religion cause they're too scared of the alternative. I don't need to be worried about the result of me going to hell when I die, to do good things in life. I'll do things cause I want to, or for people I care about, or things.

Its actually others that seem to start with the personal insults, if I attack a group.

I'm just saying that it makes you no better than the people you look down on when you insult people, bottom line. There is no "well they started it/it's not as bad as what they're doing" ****, it's still needlessly said. It's childish, really. Let them believe what they will and be done with it, it's not like you can do anything about what others choose to believe in.

Yeah, just let them kill thousands of innocents. You're right, they started it by blowing up the trade towers, me complaining about it puts me on the same level. :rolleyes2:

Well people shouldn't start a thread about religion, its always asking for trouble when people are gonna have strong views on the issue. I don't know who you are to judge me anyway, go back to your xbox.

I saw the other day that muslims over here were protesting, cause paradise wants to reduce the amount of virgins they get, by like 15%. PLEASE!!!!
That would be the following hoax email:

Muslim suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike on Monday in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda management have so far failed to produce an agreement.

The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death will be cut by 25% next January from 72 to only 54. The rationale for the cut was the increase in recent years of the number of suicide bombings and a subsequent shortage of virgins in the afterlife.

The suicide bombers' union, the British Organisation of Occupational Martyrs (or B.O.O.M.) responded with a statement that this was unacceptable to its members and immediately balloted for strike action. General secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of jihad. We don't ask for much in return but to be treated like this by management is a kick in the teeth."

Mr Amir accepted the limited availability of virgins but pointed out that the cutbacks were expected to be borne entirely by the workforce and not by management. "Last Christmas Abu Hamza alone was awarded an annual bonus of 250,000 virgins," complains Amir. "And you can be sure they'll all be pretty ones too. How can Al Qaeda afford that for members of the management but not 54 for the people who do the real work?"

Speaking from the shed in the West Midlands where he currently resides, Al Qaeda chief executive Osama bin Laden explained,

"We sympathise with our workers' concerns but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day jihad, in a competitive marketplace. Thanks to Western depravity, there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditure and laying people off. I don't like cutting wages but I'd hate to have to tell 3,000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up." He defended management bonuses by claiming these were necessary to attract good fanatical clerics. "How am I supposed to attract the best people if I can't compete with the private sector?" asked Mr. Bin-Laden.

Talks broke down this morning after management's last-ditch proposal of a virgin-sharing scheme was rejected outright after a failure to agree on orifice allocation quotas. One virgin, who refused to be named, was quoted as saying "I'll be buggered if I'm agreeing to anything like that........it's too much of a mouthful to swallow".

Unless some sort of agreement is reached over the weekend, suicide bombers will down explosives at midday on Monday. Most branches are supporting the strike. Only the North London branch, which has a different union, is likely to continue working. However, some members of that branch will only be using waist-down explosives in order to express solidarity with their striking brethren.

Yeah, just let them kill thousands of innocents. You're right, they started it by blowing up the trade towers, me complaining about it puts me on the same level. :rolleyes2:

Well people shouldn't start a thread about religion, its always asking for trouble when people are gonna have strong views on the issue. I don't know who you are to judge me anyway, go back to your xbox.
Do you realize how foolish this logic is? I didn't even say anything about the WTC, yet you use it to equate your own views and beliefs. That is just foolish, there is no proving you're better than anyone else if you think that "they did it worse" is a sufficient argument.

Your judging of me is another act of foolishness, not only because I don't own an x-box (or any other gaming console other than a computer for that matter), but that you seem to think you're better than other people by what you say. I think you just love to get a rise out of people, and that in itself is just pathetic. If you can't create your own entertainment with other people instead of through manipulation, than you have a lot of learning to do.

New Threads

Top Bottom