• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do u have romantic preference?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
I have so many things I am attracted to is it wrong to feel disappointed if someone u end up with does not have them?
For me as personality I like:
Artistic ability and someone really interested in art in a way that pulls me too them
Interest in music
Positive personality in the sense they are not overwhelming negative about things but the more positive the better.
Intellectual and likes books
Like kids and is a good dad if they were
Some confidence.
Some dress sense
I like trucker caps but not past the age of about 37
I am 37 now.
I like skater boys but not emo I just like someone who does not mind going to the skate park to let some stress off
I also like guys who wear beanies
Really kind personality like just really helpful and chivellous and geniunely very caring eg like buy pads for you and cover u up with a blanket when u are cold that is a MUST for me
And someone who is a Christian and if not is open to having a relationship with God not always just because I have either but because they geniunely see God somehow or they are open to faith systems and question it
Like animals and nature
But sometimes like if I would sit in the tunnel in the park, they would as well.

I like grumpy older men. I think they're adorable and you feel special when you can make them smile.
It's important to me to be with a man who takes me out. Movies, dinners, parks and just general walking. He needs to hold my hand too... Not for romance but because squeezing his hand is how I let him know I'm getting overwhelmed or anxious.
And if he steals me flowers from peoples gardens, that's an added bonus too lol.

I have a preference for Gen X.

I'm not sure if I'll ever date again though sadly... Just dreaming

There was an old Hi and Lois cartoon where Lois asks her son Chip what his new girlfriend sees in him. "She thinks I'm smart, confident, and kind."
"And what do you like about her?"
"She thinks I'm smart, confident, and kind."

I was always attracted to intelligence, and women with a strong character that form their own opinions instead of allowing the TV or society to dictate to them what they should think.

Smart, non-lazy, clear values that are aligned with mine. I can't stand careless/carefree inconsistencies. Also, willing to put up with me (and/or keep up with me).
It's not "wrong" to be disappointed - as was said elsewhere, the more specific the wish list, the higher the risk of disappointment. Also having a very specific wish list can make it harder to see what the other actually has to give.

The most important thing is that she has to be an excellent and eager cross-country skier. Able to keep up with me on those weekly 50 kilometer races. That's a deal breaker, no skiing, no Forest Cat.

I'm just kidding ;) There's no skiing required.

The most important thing is that she has to be an excellent and eager cross-country skier. Able to keep up with me on those weekly 50 kilometer races. That's a deal breaker, no skiing, no Forest Cat.

I'm just kidding ;) There's no skiing required.
Too bad, that was a pretty cool requirement.

@lovely_darlingprettybaby , your list is getting pretty specific, like the guys enumerating what they want in a woman, which I take as overthinking. Decide on personality, values and interests and everything will fall in place. My love languages is words of affirmation and physical touch. First and foremost, though, is a feeling of acceptance. Without that for me, nothing else matters.

Some things that are important to me:

- Intelligence
- Empathy
- Atheist
- Liberal
- Well-read
- Around my age
- Keen sense of humor
- Honesty
- Good-listener
- Cares about mutual support
- Doesn’t make everything about him and his needs/wants

Honestly. I probably won't be in a relationship anytime soon, but if there are any things I would prefer... I guess I have some:

- logical/understanding person
- striving to be thier best self, even in failure
- loving me for being me
- willing to hug
- not making the relationship about sex and/or children

About all I can think of right now, really.

I have so many things I am attracted to is it wrong to feel disappointed if someone u end up with does not have them?
I don't see anything "right or wrong" when it comes to disappointment, or what may or may not attract one person to another. That disappointment simply happens or not depending on the person and the circumstances involved.

However I would consider one particular adjective to your question. - "Unrealistic". That the odds of falling for someone who truly has the same likes and dislikes as yourself is likely to be remote at best.

So is it "wrong" to have unrealistic expectations? Not unless you consider yourself to be perfect. ;)

Perhaps most importantly, I see most relationships as an eclectic combination of likes and dislikes which don't magically match up between two people. Reminds me of the young girl with the neighbor next door who had an attractive son. She certainly noticed him, but thought he was a bit too "stuck up" and formal. They really didn't have much in common other than falling in love. Go figure. And voila! Here I am...their offspring. :p

Kirk: "Human attraction? It's not logical and never has been."
Spock: "Jim! We agree!"
Kirk: "Calm down, Spock."
Spock: "Yes, Captain."

Last edited:
For anyone who said this is unrealistic...
I think why not
I deserve the best so they have to have to every trait
Otherwise..
I'm not going there
I do not bend...so autistic

For anyone who said this is unrealistic...
I think why not
I deserve the best so they have to have to every trait
Otherwise..
I'm not going there
I do not bend...so autistic
Unrealistic just means unrealistic. There's no right or wrong in that either.

It's just a mathematical assessment of improbability. Whether deserved or not.

Last edited:
Plays guitar
Likes cats
Enjoys antiquing

That's about it I think
I don't care about their education level or what books they read if any.
Music is shared audibly so it matters more than other interests.

I've seen a few threads in here with people stating what they want or expect from a partner, none of them state what they're prepared to offer in return.

You get what you give.

New Threads

Top Bottom