• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do these scores really indicate Aspergers?

goneepi

Hi all,

I recently posted about the frustrations of even getting the ball rolling on a formal diagnosis, but I thought in the mean time I'd see if you might look at my scores on the various tests and see if they seem to indicate ASD. I know it's not official, but I need to get closer to an answer, and I feel like my scores are putting me in a gray area, I just don't know what to think. Plus, I feel like a lot of the questions are oddly phrased, like, whether I can imagine things in my mind. I don't know? Sometimes?

Anyhow, here's what I have.

At http://www.aspietests.org/aq/questions.php I score between Scored 35 and 37 depending on my interpretation of questions.

Now that test also has what it called an "AQ-10 score," which is describes as such:

AQ-10 is an experimental short form of the AQ using 10 of the most statistically effective questions. A score of 6 or above indicates a high probability of ASD.
On that, I got a 10.

On the big 150-question thing at http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php it said
  • Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
  • Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.41.27 PM.png

So, community? What do you think? Am I aspie?

I not sure if the issue with the on-line tests is whether they are 'official', or rather if there is any validity/accuracy in them. Some seem to come from questionable assumptions. Having said that, they do seem to have some use.
If you want better guidance, and have the time, get hold of a copy of Tony Attwood's Complete guide to Aspergers.

I not sure if the issue with the on-line tests is whether they are 'official', or rather if there is any validity/accuracy in them. Some seem to come from questionable assumptions. Having said that, they do seem to have some use.
If you want better guidance, and have the time, get hold of a copy of Tony Attwood's Complete guide to Aspergers.
You're not the first to recommend that. :) Thanks

Thanks for posting that source.

I am not officiall diagnosed either and for similar reasons ie quite impossible right now, but joining aspiecentral really has concreted it for me and I would only get a formal diagnosis if the chance came, because nts seem to value that more, even if we know more about what it is like being an aspie, than supposed professionals.

I agree with the obscuity of the questions and besides I am really bad with questions; someone asks me something and my mind is completely blank.

One of the questions that really amused me was having hair sticking up! Well, I imagine a child with their thumb in mouth and rag and twirling their hair! The answer is that no, I do not have hair that sticks up, so does that constitute fail for me being an aspie? There is nothing about pulling out loose hair, which I find so relaxing.

I did the test because of wanting some sort of thing to go by and found it does help me.

I think the test is purely a signpost. It may indicate a neagtive response but one cannot be sure unless one gets a proper psychological assessment

I am not officiall diagnosed either and for similar reasons ie quite impossible right now, but joining aspiecentral really has concreted it for me and I would only get a formal diagnosis if the chance came, because nts seem to value that more, even if we know more about what it is like being an aspie, than supposed professionals.

I agree with the obscuity of the questions and besides I am really bad with questions; someone asks me something and my mind is completely blank.

One of the questions that really amused me was having hair sticking up! Well, I imagine a child with their thumb in mouth and rag and twirling their hair! The answer is that no, I do not have hair that sticks up, so does that constitute fail for me being an aspie? There is nothing about pulling out loose hair, which I find so relaxing.

I did the test because of wanting some sort of thing to go by and found it does help me.
Ha, I have not yet found a test that asks me about twirling my hair. I hardly have any! :)

I used the online self tests several years after my original ASD diagnosis, from curiosity. My scoring strongly indicated ASD & so confirmed my original irl assessment.

Hi all,

I recently posted about the frustrations of even getting the ball rolling on a formal diagnosis, but I thought in the mean time I'd see if you might look at my scores on the various tests and see if they seem to indicate ASD. I know it's not official, but I need to get closer to an answer, and I feel like my scores are putting me in a gray area, I just don't know what to think. Plus, I feel like a lot of the questions are oddly phrased, like, whether I can imagine things in my mind. I don't know? Sometimes?

Anyhow, here's what I have.

At http://www.aspietests.org/aq/questions.php I score between Scored 35 and 37 depending on my interpretation of questions.

Now that test also has what it called an "AQ-10 score," which is describes as such:

AQ-10 is an experimental short form of the AQ using 10 of the most statistically effective questions. A score of 6 or above indicates a high probability of ASD.
On that, I got a 10.

On the big 150-question thing at http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php it said
  • Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
  • Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200
View attachment 25534
So, community? What do you think? Am I aspie?

Go to the blog Musings of an Aspie where she has some really informative guidance on each of the tests that we can take to test for Asperger's as well as insights from someone with Asperger's. Here is the link:

https://musingsofanaspie.com/aspie-tests/

I am going to try and mark this thread to find more easily. There are some really good links here to work through. This is pretty much exactly where I am at in this journey also. Even when I try to cheat the more vague questions, or things I might be borderline on, I end up scoring pretty high. Anyway good thread for me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 152 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

- This never really varies much since I began sporadic retesting.

poly10a.php

New Threads

Top Bottom