• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies Over Analyse Themselves??

GHA

I think Aspies over analyze themselves. Each one of us is different in many ways AS/NTs all included. Over analysis of ourselves stimulate negative emotions. Its more important to know our own strengths and challenges. The key to a happy life is adaptation. We all do that everyday.

I know I over analyse myself. Generally, I do my absolute best to be somewhat "self-aware" of my own thoughts to try and identify why I react to certain things. It sometimes makes me think I'm going insane, other times it helps improve my personality. I suppose I analyse my thoughts because I know I'm "different" and I'm just trying to figure out why, and how I can become more "normal" so that I can interact with other NTs.

I never over analyse myself!

{thinking to myself "did I sound too overbearing? Was I being a jerk to the OP here? Was I caring, reflective...thinking...or just had a knee jerk reaction? Did I just mention the word jerk 2x? ...hmmm....can anyone be "hearing" or "seeing" what I'm thinking right now...? why can't I just N-T it...and stop all this self reflection..."}

I analyze and overanalyze everything. I love it and it doesnt trigger any negative emotions :)

I know I over analyse myself. Generally, I do my absolute best to be somewhat "self-aware" of my own thoughts to try and identify why I react to certain things. It sometimes makes me think I'm going insane, other times it helps improve my personality. I suppose I analyse my thoughts because I know I'm "different" and I'm just trying to figure out why, and how I can become more "normal" so that I can interact with other NTs.

I'm the same. I do a lot of self-analysis because I'm concerned with learning how to manage things so that life is not so difficult. For example, I dislike socializing but if I'm on my own for too long I get anxious and depressed. I've come to feel that I really want someone to be around most of the time but not necessarily in my space but that's impossible to achieve because obviously other people have their needs. You can't (metaphorically) put them away in a cupboard and only take them out when you want to interact with them.

I'm the same. I do a lot of self-analysis because I'm concerned with learning how to manage things so that life is not so difficult. For example, I dislike socializing but if I'm on my own for too long I get anxious and depressed. I've come to feel that I really want someone to be around most of the time but not necessarily in my space but that's impossible to achieve because obviously other people have their needs. You can't (metaphorically) put them away in a cupboard and only take them out when you want to interact with them.

Living alone can be very depressive for anyone. Some Aspies don't find socializing and making friends a big challenge. I think, its all about analyzing and adaptation.

Why wouldn't we? We constantly receive feedback that we are different (oh, no!) and we certainly know non-Aspies want us to conform. However, I do always want to explore all aspects of anything I think, feel and do.

New Threads

Top Bottom