• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do aspies need sex?

I have a really high sex drive and like sex, but I have a problem with intimacy so I only enjoy it with people I don't know and have no strings attached to.

This thread is pretty old, but..

I think the question is flawed. Asking if someone needs something & ending it there seems silly, people need very few things to survive. But what's life if your only focus is to stay alive? That sounds awful. A better way to put it would have been something like "do you need sex in order to..."

And in my case, I would need intimacy in order to feel closer to my partner, which is necessary for a relationship to grow. Some people don't, but I do.

When younger it felt more like a need, but now its a lot like was described above:

I just never felt that sex was so much of a need as it is a want that is healthy to indulge on occasion! I think it's only human like eating desserts or having a glass of wine. :)

I enjoy sex with the right person, but, having been alone for a while now I also enjoy celibacy. I guess if I found someone I 'clicked' with I would renounce my enforced celibacy in a heartbeat. Sadly, the chances of that happening are remote enough for me not to worry about it.

You posted this back in October. How things change! :D

I don't understand the human need to copulate in order to feel emotions. Of course, that could just be me.

I don't think most people need to copulate to feel emotions. For many of us, the emotions we feel for someone are what makes us inclined to copulate.

I think the question is flawed.

A better way to put it would have been something like "do you need sex in order to..."

And in my case, I would need intimacy in order to feel closer to my partner, which is necessary for a relationship to grow. Some people don't, but I do.

There's also the question of what "sex" entails. I could be perfectly happy in a relationship without actual intercourse, if for some reason penetration wasn't possible. There are many ways to be physically intimate and for physical intimacy to be satisfying. The brain is our primary sex organ. The whole body is covered with potential erogenous zones. I think people tend to define "sex" much too narrowly.

I feel when I have sex it is too mechanical and that the feeling of the contact puts me off. I have HFASD and I can do without it.
My ex partner said it was her and could not see my point of view as she had a high sex drive and mine was I do not really need it.
I can do without it and if I need pleasure I can do it myself. The downside of Autism I guess with
one who has not got a high drive.

I don't believe sexual orientation is mediated by one being on the spectrum or not. I think it's the same as it would be for NTs - where people vary in their levels of sexuality (or lack thereof).

I would say I'm in-between asexual and heterosexual.

Without my bf I pretty much have no sex drive whatsoever. I seriously doubt I would ever have an affair too, because I don't find people attractive (for me, I do recognize they look good) and I'm not a fan of sex. When with the bf I do want to have sex with him though. Is there a definition for this kind of sexuality? I'd love to hear it.

Sorry for skipping over everybodies opinion, because there are way to many opinions for me to handle.

But as an Aspie, i definitely need sex. Or want it at least. But i am decent as hell. And i like the process of touching toughts, or feelings far more. So even the most reluctant ones, start wondering if i am dead below the waist. :p.

I am not, but apperantly for me a woman is so much more, that when they compare me to other men. They make the wrong conclusion.

How that helps your situation. I don't know. But as a really the glass is half full idea. He is, or i would be making love while you are chatting. So when what might be for you the real thing. Would be in my case, the last two seconds. :p. But then again, he could consider you needs a little bit to. ;). Maybe verbally talking about your emotions might hit directer, than emoting them.

But then again, this is the glass is half full version. :p.

New Threads

Top Bottom