• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies like other Aspies

richbebo

Hi i was just wondering about everyone elses thought on wether Aspies get on well with other Aspies. Two aspies are definetly more understanding to one another but i find the conversation to be even more annoying, like for instance i have a brother who claims he has Aspergers like me, it does make some sence to me but he is also known as a major bullshitter so i dont know, but back to the point, when he and i are talking i find that we both as aspies have things that we really want to talk about and i find that when he talks instead of listening i tend to just wait for a time to get a word in about what i wanna say and he seems to be doing exactly the same so the end result is that we are talking to each other but we arent talking about the same conversation, must look pretty weired to others LOL.
And think of this me as an Aspie i find myself to be the reserved and quiet one, the one who only really makes an effort to talk when people have left the room leaving say me and people i know very well. So imagine two people meet who are like this, are they gna "hit it off" straight away because there brains work the same?

i have only met one other person with aspergers, we share some interests(computers, reading) but i find him a little too loud and he talks a lot makeing it hard for me to get a word in, because i'm the kind of person who will just wait to say something.

Hi i was just wondering about everyone elses thought on wether Aspies get on well with other Aspies. Two aspies are definetly more understanding to one another but i find the conversation to be even more annoying, like for instance i have a brother who claims he has Aspergers like me, it does make some sence to me but he is also known as a major bullshitter so i dont know, but back to the point, when he and i are talking i find that we both as aspies have things that we really want to talk about and i find that when he talks instead of listening i tend to just wait for a time to get a word in about what i wanna say and he seems to be doing exactly the same so the end result is that we are talking to each other but we arent talking about the same conversation, must look pretty weired to others LOL.
And think of this me as an Aspie i find myself to be the reserved and quiet one, the one who only really makes an effort to talk when people have left the room leaving say me and people i know very well. So imagine two people meet who are like this, are they gna "hit it off" straight away because there brains work the same?

Make all the moronic comments you'd like. I would kill to have an aspie to be my friend in real life. They would be the only one to ever even come close to understanding and relating to me. Assuming they are female. Get it, got it. Good.

Make all the moronic comments you'd like. I would kill to have an aspie to be my friend in real life. They would be the only one to ever even come close to understanding and relating to me. Assuming they are female. Get it, got it. Good.

Jeez, didn't mean to upset anyone, just askin a question

Yas Sean, why come on here if you don't like 'swimming in negativity' anyway, a lot of the threads are ones for sympathising about Aspie stuff, which you probably see as negative.

And I don't know any Aspies. Holding a conversation with me is difficult, I'm always interrupting people or I don't talk or I get fed up....like most people then! :) But I have an excuse, ha ha.

Yas Sean, why come on here if you don't like 'swimming in negativity' anyway, a lot of the threads are ones for sympathising about Aspie stuff, which you probably see as negative.

And I don't know any Aspies. Holding a conversation with me is difficult, I'm always interrupting people or I don't talk or I get fed up....like most people then! :) But I have an excuse, ha ha.

Firstly don't do that again. Don't try and use my words against me. You won't find any hypocrisy here, but you will find it in plenty of other places where people are involved. Secondly, if I didn't want to be part of the converstion I wouldn't have poured my heart out in other threads as I did. Geez what program are you watching, are we both here or is just one of us? I disagreed with the insulting tone of his comments towards aspies. Or did you appreciate having your intelligence insulted? Re-read what he wrote.

Insulting tone?? Inteligence insulted?? I think you are thinking into my post way too much. Why are you so negative? If anything i would say being in this forum would be enough to make anyone with aspergers know thats ok to be the way we are it and cirtainly does for me, in fact i'm proud. Being negative is not the way to go in life , being different is hard i wont deny but that doesn't mean you cant be happy, being negative will not help anyone it just slowly eats away at people until they do something stupid. I'm sure you are a smart guy with lots of good qualities so do yourself a favour mate and stop hating yourself and giving me **** for an inocent post.

Firstly don't do that again. Don't try and use my words against me. You won't find any hypocrisy here, but you will find it in plenty of other places where people are involved. Secondly, if I didn't want to be part of the converstion I wouldn't have poured my heart out in other threads as I did. Geez what program are you watching, are we both here or is just one of us? I disagreed with the insulting tone of his comments towards aspies. Or did you appreciate having your intelligence insulted? Re-read what he wrote.

My dear Sean, I shan't stop doing what I want just because you tell me not to! Think Victorian master of the house...
If I can use your words against you to win an argument against you, then I will. Because it's effective and shuts people up (well, not in this instance, obviously...).
Not that this is an argument, just for future tussles :)

I know how intelligent I am so if he wants to insult it (which he didn't, anyway), then what would it do?
By the way, of course I wouldn't appreciate it. You appreciate good things. Why would you ask that? Makes no sense!

My dear Sean, I shan't stop doing what I want just because you tell me not to! Think Victorian master of the house...
If I can use your words against you to win an argument against you, then I will. Because it's effective and shuts people up (well, not in this instance, obviously...).
Not that this is an argument, just for future tussles :)

I know how intelligent I am so if he wants to insult it (which he didn't, anyway), then what would it do?
By the way, of course I wouldn't appreciate it. You appreciate good things. Why would you ask that? Makes no sense!

All I'm reading from what you say China is "blah blah blah". Oh and constantly following me around to get the last reply in is not very attractive to me :) Do you really want me to use your words of fluff against you and make you cry? Stay tuned, maybe next post lol.

All I'm reading from what you say China is "blah blah blah". Oh and constantly following me around to get the last reply in is not very attractive to me :) Do you really want me to use your words of fluff against you and make you cry? Stay tuned, maybe next post lol.

Two threads dear. Plus...I think you may have been the one quoting me there? Do you think I want to be making myself attractive to you? Perhaps I should be putting up my feathers so I look twice the size I am...oh wait, that's if I cared in the first place.
It makes me smile when people say "if I was really mean to you...you'd be crying by now". Such a compliment, they don't realise they're boasting.
Maybe I don't argue very effectively on the internet because it is...the internet. Oh make me cry, please make me cry. I'm tuned.
I can't work out whether this is because you're autistic or if it's unrelated...because you're not normal you know.

Two threads dear. Plus...I think you may have been the one quoting me there? Do you think I want to be making myself attractive to you? Perhaps I should be putting up my feathers so I look twice the size I am...oh wait, that's if I cared in the first place.
It makes me smile when people say "if I was really mean to you...you'd be crying by now". Such a compliment, they don't realise they're boasting.
Maybe I don't argue very effectively on the internet because it is...the internet. Oh make me cry, please make me cry. I'm tuned.
I can't work out whether this is because you're autistic or if it's unrelated...because you're not normal you know.

You quoting me, me quoting you, all the same. I've reconsidered and turned over a new leaf since those days of this post :). Seems like a lifetime away... Doesn't change the fact I pegged many of your weaknesses really well.. And make you cry, I shall if I want :p Maybe they are weaknesses, or maybe just cute who knows. Did you really think this was an argument, oh come on dear China. I don't have a mean bone in my body actually. You just don't play along very well so it kind of made the whole "argument" pointless lol. It was supposed to be fun and instead I ended up feeling guilty about it. Now I'm going to cry. Hahahahahaahahahahah nothing left to say............... for now.

You quoting me, me quoting you, all the same. I've reconsidered and turned over a new leaf since those days of this post :). Seems like a lifetime away... Doesn't change the fact I pegged many of your weaknesses really well.. And make you cry, I shall if I want :p Maybe they are weaknesses, or maybe just cute who knows. Did you really think this was an argument, oh come on dear China. I don't have a mean bone in my body actually. You just don't play along very well so it kind of made the whole "argument" pointless lol. It was supposed to be fun and instead I ended up feeling guilty about it. Now I'm going to cry. Hahahahahaahahahahah nothing left to say............... for now.

No, it was on the internet. So of course it's not an argument. How would you have wanted me to play along?
Actually you seem much more normal now. Sure you're not NT :)

No, it was on the internet. So of course it's not an argument. How would you have wanted me to play along?
Actually you seem much more normal now. Sure you're not NT :)

Nah far from it. That's because you don't know me. I actually take more exception to that than anything else you could hAve said, but that's cool. I have had so many years of hell I have to find ways to amuse myself sometimes. But I'm not slipping into any sob story tip on here, this is an "argument" thread remember lol. I just don't see how we can have one when I have to tell you how to play along China :)

I would say that two Aspies could get on well together just the same as an Aspie and NT could. It all depends on the individuals.

@Sean021122 - I have my eye on you..... ;) but yes let me get this clear what this thread is about...

Clearly a member here is asking, do aspies get on with other aspies and I don't see how his question was moronic, I'd class that as a rather interesting question, I would ask that question.

My answer to "Nerd by Default" question is: Yes aspies do like other aspies but it normally depends on the personality just like you do with anyone regardless if they're an aspie or not.

You get some people who are really nice and some that are not, but as long as there's positive vibes between person A and person B, then everything seems fine to me.

I get along with some Aspies who are similar to me in personality (quiet, sort of spacy, intellectuals). I don't like the ones who are overly happy and obnoxious.
When people say that Aspies must like all other Aspies because they have the same disorder, I like to think that it's like saying NTs must like all other NTs because they don't have any mental differences. :p

I get along with some Aspies who are similar to me in personality (quiet, sort of spacy, intellectuals). I don't like the ones who are overly happy and obnoxious.

Shoot, that counts me out then lol

:lol:
I'm not saying I detest those who contradict that description.
I just get along better with people who are similar to me.

:lol:
I'm not saying I detest those who contradict that description.
I just get along better with people who are similar to me.

fair, NT's get bored when aspies rant on and on for ages about stuff and that doesn't mean i'm not gna do the same cause i'm also an aspie. I actually find it easier to get on with people with other disorders tbh.

New Threads

Top Bottom