• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Aspies find it scary to have such a large number of facebook friends.

I have 12 because I am awesome. And I have regular contact with just three of them. I have thirty six blocked. Doesn't that say how hard it is for some aspies to make and keep friends? I have four on here, made within the last week or so. And they aren't at all annoying because they seem to think along the same wavelengths as me!!

Wow for Aspies you guys sound like u have a lot of friends. When u say aspies have a hard time makeing and keeping friends that truley describes me. I have a lot of "friends" on facebook but I don't know why. I just accept most friend requests. But they are not really friends. I don't talk or message hardley any of them and hardley anybody responds or comments on my occasional post. Quite a few of them I have no clue who they even are. I truley don't have friends in real life ritht now. Don't know if I know how to have a friend. I probably had seldom ever a real fried. When I was younger I had so called "friends" hear and there to hang out with.
So am I on the worst end of the social issue even in Aspie terms?

ahhh the dreaded "friend" collectors...I have a buddy that thinks his measure in the world is having over 1,000 FB friends :p

It is scary to have too many friends and I try to keep mine under 50 anyhow. I have some members on the Autism Spectrum on my facebook page and some of my relatives. I think some Autistic facebook members are insecure and that is why they feel the need to have a 1000 or more friends. But, I know I will be blocking some of the non Autistic members before it's over with since I hate provocative and stupid images. Just blocked one for the reasons I mention. Not only was she trying to send a message that she is looking for another man but she needs to take lessons in the art of putting on make-up because she looked more like a clown with her face full of jewelry piercings which I've always had some serious issues with. Don't know why anyone would want to mutilate his or hers face like that. :mad:

The Autistic members I have on my facebook now are really great people. :cool:

I like to have as few "friends" as possible, just to keep it simple. Everybody on my list is somebody I am interested in for one reason or another - family, coworkers, high school or college buddies, or just people who did something interesting and I like to keep up to date on their adventures. I used to have about 300 but most of them I didn't care about, so I got rid of about half. Now my news feed is full of only things from people I actually know and like.

New Threads

Top Bottom