• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ditch Twitter!

MildredHubble

V.I.P Member
I'm no fan of Elon Musk, I'm not going to try and hide that. He's a conman that takes credit for other people's work.

His recent take over of Twitter has shown just how untrustworthy he is. Aside from his attempt to back out of his offer to buy Twitter, his claims of valuing freedom of speech have been shown to be false. His reaction to people teasing him a little, by changing their account names to "Elon Musk" was to delete their accounts.

Anyone remotely familiar with Twitter would have seen at a glance that this was a joke/protest. It seems like a bit of a conflict of interest for Elon Musk to be able to personally police the platform.

If you are a Twitter user, I wholeheartedly recommend you consider switching to the Mastodon platform.

It's gaining huge numbers of users for some reason, funny that :)

I think this twitter thing is spiraling out of control a little, people behave as if twitter is very, very, very important. Like it's a critical part of society. It's a social media site. Who cares. It has existed for just 16 years, how did the world survive before twitter. People are being so dramatic about it, it's out of control.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Elon Musk either... and I'm not on any social media sites anymore. People can't keep their opinions to themselves and I'm not claiming to be an exception to that.

I'm not a fan of Elon Musk either... and I'm not on any social media sites anymore. People can't keep their opinions to themselves and I'm not claiming to be an exception to that.
Which is why I conveniently don't have the politics forum on here enabled, lol...
I'm not on any social media either. I just saw the whole thing starting to get toxic about 10 years ago, and that's before all the tracking and data mining.

Forums are about as close to social media as I like to get. I guess because they predate things like Facebook I have a more positive view of them.

But, yeah, Elon Musk is becoming like some sort of James Bond villain at this point! Lol!

I don't care about twitter or Musk at all, never used twitter, don't know Musk, don't care what he does. But I'm wondering, he bought a site. So it's his site. Shouldn't he be able to do what he wants with it? If I pay 44 billion dollars for a site, I want to have control over it because I own it. And didn't the previous owner do the exact same thing as he does?
It's hypocrisy that I have a problem with. He claimed he wanted Twitter to turn it into a free speech utopia, then once he got control of it he started to abuse that control. So fine it's his website but you simply can't reconcile his actions with his claimed motivation for buying it. The optics don't look good at the very least.

Also he doesn't have any money, it's all tied up in Tesla stock. If he sells his shares the value tumbles. He probably didn't really intend to buy Twitter at all originally, it was so he could get loans leveraged against Tesla stock and it all backfired on him.

Twitter for the longest time has been the only half-decent artist portfolio vessel that actually sees traffic so until an alternative is provided that actually has a userbase so artists can be seen and get paid I won't fully abandon it.

I never took to Twitter in the first place. Or any other social media. I never understood the point of it all. Especially Twitter, how can you write anything meaningful in 80 characters or less?

Elon Musk + twitter = Making Autistic People look Bad
It's not a great situation :-( Though I have seen some people question his claims of his being autistic. As far as that's concerned I wouldn't know as there are plenty of examples of people who fly under the radar. So only he knows for sure.

It's not a great situation :-( Though I have seen some people question his claims of his being autistic. As far as that's concerned I wouldn't know as there are plenty of examples of people who fly under the radar. So only he knows for sure.
I agree , watch Elon as host on SNL , you can see the traits more , as compared to interviews.

Being autistic is no guarantee of good character. I'm no angel either but I don't like that man.

Being autistic is no guarantee of good character. I'm no angel either but I don't like that man.
Very true. I have a strong dislike for behaviours such as rewriting history and taking credit for other people's work.

He's claimed he founded PayPal, which is verifiably untrue. He claims he founded Tesla, also untrue. There's a laundry list of things like this. But there's this cult of personality where people hold him up like he's an honest to god "Tony Stark" genius. I don't buy it one little bit.

I never got on with Twitter, or Instagram. Never even bothered to try Snapchat or TikTok.

After MSN died, I tried Skype but struggled to enjoy it. In the end, once Facebook added Messenger functionality - that's been my go to haunt. Not a typical FB user though, as I unfollowed all my friends, so i've no clue or care what people I know are up to. I follow some groups for bats, opossums, birds, otters, slime moulds and mushrooms - so my wall is just full of happy an interesting things, rather than people showing off achievements, dinner photos or reactions to current events.

Elon Musk has a creepy face.

Ed

Elon Musk has a creepy face.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this lol... similar category to Mark Zuckerberg for me

Perhaps they'd both be more at home working for Geico. ;)

5f56a8b3bdd59b74cd7bf382_geico-gecko.jpg

Geckos have no eyelids. They can't blink and so they lick their eyeballs to keep them moist. I'll have to take another look at Mr Musk. :)
Gecko.jpg

I'm joking, and to clarify, I think everyone knows I'm joking, before anyone accuses me of saying Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg are literally lizards :sweatsmile:
The last thing I need right now is to look like I'm spreading conspiracy theories, lol...

I'm joking, and to clarify, I think everyone knows I'm joking, before anyone accuses me of saying Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg are literally lizards :sweatsmile:
The last thing I need right now is to look like I'm spreading conspiracy theories, lol...
Nah! Don't worry, we all know they are really gray aliens from Roswell using cloaking technology developed by Tesla. They're just trying to get back to their home planet, Mars. Now I think of it I'm pretty sure Jeff Bezos is involved somehow! AAAANDDDD Richard Banson! Shifty Richie if you ask me! :smilecat:

We're overdue for another large sunspot, one of those will liven up Elon's day. I wonder how well younger generations would cope if all the social media suddenly vanished for a few months?

We're overdue for another large sunspot, one of those will liven up Elon's day. I wonder how well younger generations would cope if all the social media suddenly vanished for a few months?
Lol! That would probably be another thing I wouldn't notice had happened until maybe I tried to log in here for example.

I just still remember being asked by a work colleague to add them on Facebook. I said "oh sorry I don't do social media." His response was "yeah you do, everyone has Facebook."

He honestly seemed to believe I was lying to him!

To be honest I only got about 4 chapters into 1984 before I had to stop as it was reading depressingly like a report in where we are and where we are going :-/

New Threads

Top Bottom