• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dinosoaur who does not know hows to use forums!!!

Researcher

Hello everyone reading this.
I feel very good that I have managed to put a post up here - well I think that's what I'm doing!
:S

Welcome, Researcher! If you have any questions, you can of course PM any of the mods/admins. But don't be shy to post of course, everyone is very nice here. :)

Welcome to the forums, Researcher. You're off to a good start.

Hey Researcher! I learned how to do this stuff pretty quick so you should get it at least twice as fast! :)

Like Kasmanaft said, all the technology savvy people are a good help with that stuff. And everyone here is super nice.

Welcome!

Thank you for your welcome everyone! I'm doing some research (shocked??!) and hoping that some of you may participate...!

Thank you for your welcome everyone! I'm doing some research (shocked??!) and hoping that some of you may participate...!

If you're doing personal research for yourself (like understanding you or someone you know has an ASD) that is perfectly fine, but other research on the forum (like for school or otherwise) is generally discouraged. You're welcome to ask specific questions and browse the forum, but just to let you know, any soliciting of studies or questions/surveys obviously aimed in that sense may be moderated. I'm not trying to discourage you in your studies, or accusing you of anything, but I just wanted to make it clear.
:p
If you are unsure about something, you're welcome to PM the admin or a moderator.

Hi everyone
I'm really sorry if I've broken any rules on the forum - i really didn't intend to upset anyone :(
Please accept my apologies and remove my post about my research if you wish.
I am a mother of an adult (20 year old) Aspie and a psychologist trying to advocate for people with ASD who come into contact with the criminal justice and mental health systems.
Theresa

Hi everyone
I'm really sorry if I've broken any rules on the forum - i really didn't intend to upset anyone :(
Please accept my apologies and remove my post about my research if you wish.
I am a mother of an adult (20 year old) Aspie and a psychologist trying to advocate for people with ASD who come into contact with the criminal justice and mental health systems.
Theresa

I dont think you broke any rules or made anybody mad. Kasmanaft was just letting you know in advance whats alright to do and what isnt to give you a helping hand.

You said you're intrested in learning about Apsies who encounter the criminal justice system? If you need some info on that you can talk to me on here, I was arrested with a few of my friends right after I graduated high school. Dont worry, in the words of the judge "You're not a bad guy, you're just stupid" haha if you need to talk just let me know

Hi 2010Dolby
Thanks for the reassurance!
:)
Also thank you for letting me know about your run-in with the law.
Unfortunately my research which has ethical approval is my via my website so I can't use what you say on the forum for that.
However, it really interests me what you have to say and i'd love to hear your story if you're wiling to tell!
Theresa (Researcher - not sure if I should be using this all the time!!?)

Whenever you decide how you want me to contact you with my story just send me a PM or a visitor message.

Hi Dolby - how do I PM and what does it mean and what is a visitor message?!:unsure:
My website is Hello and this is where my research is explained and you can fill in the consent form and questionnaire about your experiences if you decide you would like to.

Hi Dolby - how do I PM and what does it mean and what is a visitor message?!:unsure:
My website is Hello and this is where my research is explained and you can fill in the consent form and questionnaire about your experiences if you decide you would like to.

Well, for one you could click on the name of the another user above his avatar (on the righthand side), that'll show up a little menu. You can send private messages to those users.

Visitor messages, I always see it as some sort of guestbook on my personal profile here. If you pull up that menu, like I said before you can click "view profile" and in the middle of the screen there's 4 tabs, one is "visitor messages" and you can leave people a message there as well.

Hope it's a bit clear, I usually think it's all easy, but not everyone is really that handy and into computers to understand such stuff on the go.

@Researcher If you are stuck on how to use the forums, an F.A.Q can be found by clicking here.

Hope that helps.

New Threads

Top Bottom