• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

diffrence reaction to autism in marrige?

yael

when the husband has an autism as long hes reny to be aware and have tretmant the wife will be supportive adlist 50%.
when the woman has the autism more then 50% it will be use by the partner for abuse.
what do you think?

I don't agree that an NT wife will necessarily be supportive of the AS partner and an NT husband not. First, of all, most of the NT spouses that complain about having "Cassandra" on internet forums and complain that AS in their partners makes them unable to "empathise" are women. It's true that Asperger's can be used against the AS partner if the NT is abusive but I know at least one example of woman abusing her husband in this way, even using "cassandra" as an excuse for her behaviour (the husband posted about this on Wrongplanet). On the other hand, I've seen plenty of examples in forum posts where the male NT partner was more understanding. It goes both ways.

I have been married for 24 years and it was about 6 or so year's ago, that I first came across the word: aspergers and was shocked to discover that I was almost reading about myself!

My husband is a little better there days, but still sees it as a sort of mental illness and insists that if I try, I can change my way of behaving.

At first, I did not say anything about me being an aspie, because, after all, I read about it and realised there would be a lot of prejudice; but it was my husband, funnily enough, who got me to see that I get into obsessions very fast. One time he complained and said that it was annoying how obsessed I get and I tried to argue the point; I do not get obsessed and he said: oh yes you do! I mean: you get obsessed more times than I have hot dinners! So I did some research and goodness me, I recognised that indeed that is what happens. I am so focussed on said subject, that I live it and breath it and it takes something to almost like: switching on a light, for me to come out of it and then, I have lost complete interest.

Other very subtle things that say aspergers.

We don't talk about it so much now, but once in a while, I pipe up with: it could be related to me being an aspie and my husband does not dispute that anymore; probably because deep down he does see that I am, but is frightened that I will demand special treatment or something or make it an excuse to not do something and thus, in one aspect, that is positive, because it does cause me to not use my being an aspie to get out of things!

it varies on diagnosis. whether the spouse accepts the man or man accepts woman for who she/he is. this is all in how the person feels about being with that person and their condition. there are many outcomes. but mostly its all in the comfortable atmosphere of the decision. all in all. good luck.

I don't agree that an NT wife will necessarily be supportive of the AS partner and an NT husband not. First, of all, most of the NT spouses that complain about having "Cassandra" on internet forums and complain that AS in their partners makes them unable to "empathise" are women. It's true that Asperger's can be used against the AS partner if the NT is abusive but I know at least one example of woman abusing her husband in this way, even using "cassandra" as an excuse for her behaviour (the husband posted about this on Wrongplanet). On the other hand, I've seen plenty of examples in forum posts where the male NT partner was more understanding. It goes both ways.

I have been married for 24 years and it was about 6 or so year's ago, that I first came across the word: aspergers and was shocked to discover that I was almost reading about myself!

My husband is a little better there days, but still sees it as a sort of mental illness and insists that if I try, I can change my way of behaving.

At first, I did not say anything about me being an aspie, because, after all, I read about it and realised there would be a lot of prejudice; but it was my husband, funnily enough, who got me to see that I get into obsessions very fast. One time he complained and said that it was annoying how obsessed I get and I tried to argue the point; I do not get obsessed and he said: oh yes you do! I mean: you get obsessed more times than I have hot dinners! So I did some research and goodness me, I recognised that indeed that is what happens. I am so focussed on said subject, that I live it and breath it and it takes something to almost like: switching on a light, for me to come out of it and then, I have lost complete interest.

Other very subtle things that say aspergers.

We don't talk about it so much now, but once in a while, I pipe up with: it could be related to me being an aspie and my husband does not dispute that anymore; probably because deep down he does see that I am, but is frightened that I will demand special treatment or something or make it an excuse to not do something and thus, in one aspect, that is positive, because it does cause me to not use my being an aspie to get out of things!
sorry to say sound very sad the way your husbad behaves.

sorry for late responces guys pretty mass up with my self this days,just wonder is there is any diffrent btween gendars about the way they treat a pratner with autism,will be happy to here more opinuion.thx

New Threads

Top Bottom