• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Difficulty sleeping on the floor

For crying out loud! I would not be able to get up off the floor without help, lol
Me either.
Even without the stiffness it would create, I would still be so achy I couldn't do it.
I don't know if I could have as a child, because I never had to.
But, now, it would be impossible and what you mention about being sensitve in the sensory department
would be very true.
I need a soft mattress and a soft blanket over me to be able to sleep.
I wouldn't trust there isn't any creepy crawling things on the floor either. :eek:
I can sleep sitting in a chair though.

I can sleep on the floor, but I prefer not to :p I haven't done so in 15 years or so, I think I'd be incredibly sore and stiff if I tried to do it now. I don't worry about bugs and stuff.

No. I'm skinny and bony, so sleeping on the floor would be too uncomfortable. Also, unless it's summer, the floor is cold and I don't like that.

I HATE sleeping on the floor, I don't get the appeal of it. I need a good bed or a comfy couch, or maybe just a chair that can recline well in order to go to sleep. I rarely use sleeping bags unless my parents have family members who want to stay the night and they need to use my room, or we're out camping.

I have issues with sleeping which includes struggling to fall asleep and also staying asleep but to help I need a good comfy mattress and some pillows that are not too low but unfortunately I am definitely not one of those people who can fall asleep on a hard floor or even in a chair but I do wish I wasn’t so sensitive because it really does affect my sleep even in a bed.

I slept on mattress that was pretty springy and hard on the floor since, there was an issue meaning i couldn't get a bed... but I can sleep on a carpetted floor with a blanket under me fine. I actually prefer it some days, it helps my posture a little if that makes sense?, and I bruise a lot less than I do on my current bed funnily enough. (active sleeper )

When I was a young girl I used to sleep on the floor for some time. I don't exactly know why and if might be I wanted to punish me myself for being on this earth, but it worked. Nowadays I definitely prefer a bed.

I don't think it is a spectrum thing. NTs would likely be just as adverse (in the main) as ASD folks. Uncomfortable is uncomfortable. But there may be something to sleep issues in general. By that I mean in a perfectly comfortable bed Aspies may be more prone to insomnia. Perhaps due to the high prevalence of Anxiety among Aspies.

I am ok with the floor. I frequently had to get sleep when the opportunity arose rather then by schedule in the military. My arm as a pillow. One can even sleep standing up in short bursts. :D

I liked to sleep in the closet as a kid! It was like a little clubhouse. Funny that I turned out to be in the closet again just a few years later! ;)

How did I miss this post?!!!

No, I cannot sleep on a floor and I did just that, for a couple of years, because the man I married, refused to own a bed and had been sleeping on the floor before meeting me and in my innocence, thinking that was it, I suffered sleeping on the floor and it took me not being able to endure another moment that caused him to consent to having a sofa bed, but had to pack away each day ( didn't mind, because at last I had a bed lol)!

Too hard for my back and too low down.

Even if so tired that I cannot function, I can still crawl up the stairs to my bed.

New Threads

Top Bottom