• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Difficulties in breaking up

Juju92

Hello!
I am Aspie and for me its really difficult to lose someone. I get obsessed with that, have dreams, wake up feeling bad and thinking about it. For me its so difficult that sometimes I feel like a loser and should not live. It feels like a lost a huge thing. First time I broke up I suffered for 2 years.
I would like to know if you feel the same about breaking up with someone! Please let me know! :)
best,
Julia

When I got divorced I felt like he stole my identity. For me personally it meant a type of death to my soul. I wasn't happy anymore and the divorce was the only answer, but it wasn't a happy thing.

As a teenager I never cared long about the break up if we could stay friends and I had a reason why (any worked, really). I was more concerned about each of us finding happiness then is being together. This is reflected now in my marriage which is an open marriage. For me it works better to have completely voluntary , transparent relationships than to have lasting ones. <3 I hope you find your happiness.

dear Flower,
thanks for your answer! I cant have an opened relashionship, I broke up twice because of that. I think its part of my personality not to share my beloved one with someone else. but everybody its different:) sometimes I feel stupid that I just cant do it :(
hug!
Julia

I know it's hard but try not to put so much thought into those u are dating. I mean don't lose who you are or your friends. If u still have hobbies and interests that ur significant other doesn't have u will have an easier time getting over them if u break up cuz u will still have something in ur life that doesn't remind u of him or her.

Hello!
I am Aspie and for me its really difficult to lose someone. I get obsessed with that, have dreams, wake up feeling bad and thinking about it. For me its so difficult that sometimes I feel like a loser and should not live. It feels like a lost a huge thing. First time I broke up I suffered for 2 years.
I would like to know if you feel the same about breaking up with someone! Please let me know! :)
best,
Julia
Hi again Julia :)

I know exactly what you mean. Those that I care for, I care for with great intensity, and so understand how hard it can be to loose someone. It's almost like loosing a limb. I recommend taking a look at this book; it was a great read for me: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

It actually talks about this very situation, as it seems to be a common thing for some Aspies. It's an easy read too.

Dear Vanilla,
Thank you sooo much for your advice! I will for sure look for it! You are a really nice person :)
Hug!

New Threads

Top Bottom