• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MHaniff

Introduction
My name is Mike Haniff, and I am a doctoral student at Walden University. I am conducting survey research on diet, supplementation, and pregnancy for my dissertation. I am interested in this topic as it is a particularly understudied area, and recent evidence points to a potential link to autism spectrum disorders (ASD).

About the research
This study aims to understand the role a mother’s diet, social standing, and supplementation with folate or folic acid may have on her child’s future development of autism. Comparisons will be made between mothers of children who have a child with an official ASD diagnosis from a clinician to mothers of children without an ASD diagnosis.
Volunteers must meet these requirements:
-- Mothers 18 years or older with a child aged 3-12 years who have an official ASD diagnosis from a clinician
-- Mothers 18 years or older of children aged 3-12 years who do not have an ASD diagnosis so comparisons can be made between groups

Contact details
You can ask questions via email at [email protected].

Link to the research/survey
For more information or to participate in the survey, please visit: Welcome to the ASD Survey

Attachments

• Recruitment_Post_ASDSURVEY_APPROVED_wQR_8.4.22.jpg
    Recruitment_Post_ASDSURVEY_APPROVED_wQR_8.4.22.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 53
Just curious, because I am in neonatal medicine, myself, are you looking at methylation pathways with regards to the "B-vitamins and folate"? Female autistics, more so than male autistics, statistically speaking, will have genetically altered methylation genes.

Are you aware of the Autism Genome Project? The genes involved with this are quite eye-opening.

How these pathways influence these "de novo" mutations is really the next step to understanding the etiology of autism.

I'm in a generous mood so I will pass on the secret of a long and happy life.

images (4).jpg

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom