• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did you already get the vaccine? What did you feel?

@watersprite I am fully healed; but just an FYI the immunity for a minor reaction will only last about 7 months whereas immunity to a major reaction (and also to a vaccine) lasts 9-12 months. And no I haven't gotten the vaccine yet. I want to wait and see if everyone else turns into zombies ;) (ie long-term effects such as sterilization, gene mutation, autoimmune disease etc.)

Last edited:
@Amy Stone
Yes it will be interesting for you to say the least if we the vaccinated transform into hordes of zombies.
If the long term effect is even worse, oh well.... :rolleyes:;):innocent:

My country is still vaccinating risk groups, and autistic people and people with down syndrome are included.
So I had my first shot today.
I really wanted to be vaccinated, but I thought that I wouldn't be until the general public was. But I heard on the news that the mortality rate between us is twice the rate between NT.
Now I'm having brutal side effects. I always get really bad when I get colds: headache, fever, body pain, lack of appetite, and now isn't being different. I don't regret getting the vax, cause it's really important and if the vax did this to me, what would happened if I get covid? My immunological system is a joke , but when will this side effects stop? I slept all afternoon and I feel like crap.
You had side effects? How are you now?

I got my vaccine in mid March. I got the Johnson & Johnson, which is one dose. I was sick for 24 hours, it was not too bad. Years ago I got the Shingles vaccine which is 2 parts and I was the sickest I have ever been in my life both times. It was awful. I went back for the second dose because like you said was worth it. Feel bad for a short time but so much help for the rest of my life.

I hope you feel better soon. From what people say, being sick does not last very long. Oh, I will also say that this was the first painful shot I have had. It really hurt when they injected me. Very glad I got it, I was so grateful they said I could come in because they were vaccinating disabled people early. I am autistic and use a wheelchair so they said I qualified.

Pfizer.
First shot made me achey for a day.

Second, I didn't have any rare side effects but I had literally all the common ones. Laid me out for a day and I ached for two more (mostly back to normal, just couldn't exercise)... except I had chest pain the fourth day, which no one was talking about! So a lot like yours.

I heard the side effects are all from your immune system, it has nothing to do with COVID. I think I had chest pain because I have allergies and the pollen was really coming down that week. My immune system was already working to "fight" the big bad pollen, and it worked again to fight the vaccine, so my allergies and the vaccine effects both got worse.

The Internet says Oxford's actually worse on the first shot, not the second, and the first shot gives side effects more often than any shot from any other COVID vaccine. So it's strong stuff.

Wow. I'm a lot better now. Yesterday was bad.
I had an 39°C fever. My hole body ached. Horrible headache. I slept all day and my night was difficult. Woke up many times. My sensory issues got worse (it always happens when I get fevers. I think it's a commom thing, even between NT).
I'm still in pain (but way less) and coughing a lot but no more fever (thanks, God ).
I think I'll get better soon.
I'm really happy for have had my first shot.
I hope that soon everybody can get vaccinated too.
Thanks for your answer ♥

I just had my first Pfizer shot on Saturday. No side effects except a sore arm, nothing major. But I've heard from multple sources that the second shot is more likely to produce side effects, so I'm not looking forward to that one. A doctor told me that when he had his second Pfizer shot, within 4 hours he was sapped of all energy and had to go and lie down, but then the next day he was fine. But it's different for everyone.

I hope so much that the oxford vaccine has fewer side efects on the second shot. The first one beat me up so bad .
But I'm still very happy for have had my first shot.
Thanks for your answer ♥

The Influenza vaccine has been around for many years. You hear in rare cases that people have relatively mild but still unpleasant side effects from the "flu" vaccine but the number in proportion is nearly insignificant.

Why are side effects so common with the Covid vaccines????

I worked with a woman who had unpleasant (yet relatively mild) side effects to flu vaccines. Even so she never was "laid out" for a day or longer, etc.

I always have side effects from vaccines, so I was already expecting side effects from this one.
I don't know how commom they are (maybe there is some study about that?).
I know people that felt nothing (envy them so much ).
Thanks for your answer ♥

I just had my first Pfizer shot a few hours ago. So far just a sore arm and I’m tired, but the tiredness may very well be caused by cycling to the vaccination site through fields in full bloom with my severe pollen allergies.

I’m really happy I finally got my shot. I know whatever side effects I can expect will be over in a day or two-three tops. I can deal with that :)

Thanks for your answer ♥
I'm really happy too
Any vaccine side effects are better than the sickness. I'm looking forward to my second shot.

It triggers a bigger immune response than the flu vaccine and does so faster, because the vaccine uses a new delivery system (mRNA vaccination) that hasn’t been used in flu vaccines so far.

So you’re seeing more symptoms and they develop sooner after getting the shot, compared to the flu jab.

Amazing answer ♥

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it being an mRNA vaccine. Observational studies I've read suggest that AstraZeneca at least more systemic side effects than Pfizer or Moderna, although the mRNA vaccines do seem to show higher local side effects around the injection itself.(newsGP - AstraZeneca and Pfizer: What are the side effects of Australia’s vaccines?)

Here's an article that discusses why people react to vaccines, and how various vaccines have different "reactogenicity", and also discussing how at least sometimes it has more to do with how much we're focusing our attention on it as opposed to just going about our lives. Covid being in the news constantly makes it very easy for people to fixate on their shot and whether or not they are feeling sick, and so probably results in more side effects being reported than would happen for the flu shot.
I Felt Sick After Getting a Vaccine. Why?

Very interesting. I'm reading a lot about the vaccines, so the placebo may have played a big role in the development of my side effects symptons.
I'll read the article.
Thanks for the recomendation and for your answer ♥

I got my vaccine in mid March. I got the Johnson & Johnson, which is one dose. I was sick for 24 hours, it was not too bad. Years ago I got the Shingles vaccine which is 2 parts and I was the sickest I have ever been in my life both times. It was awful. I went back for the second dose because like you said was worth it. Feel bad for a short time but so much help for the rest of my life.

I hope you feel better soon. From what people say, being sick does not last very long. Oh, I will also say that this was the first painful shot I have had. It really hurt when they injected me. Very glad I got it, I was so grateful they said I could come in because they were vaccinating disabled people early. I am autistic and use a wheelchair so they said I qualified.

Thanks for your answer ♥
I'm a lot better now. I'm really glad for had been vaccinated. Hope that soon everybody can get the vaccine too. A lot of people that I love and care about didn't get the vax yet.
Covid-19 made me really anxious. I used to have meltdowns every week in the beggining of the pandemic. Still very preocupied about that, but now I have more faith in the future.

I got the Pfizer vaccine. I had a sore arm (felt like a tender bruise) for a couple of days.

"Scientists haven’t identified any relationship between the initial inflammatory reaction and the long-term response that leads to protection. There’s no scientific proof that someone with more obvious side effects from the vaccine is then better protected from COVID-19. And there’s no reason that having an exaggerated innate response would make your adaptive response any better."

What COVID vaccine side effects can and can’t tell you about your body’s immune response

"Scientists haven’t identified any relationship between the initial inflammatory reaction and the long-term response that leads to protection. There’s no scientific proof that someone with more obvious side effects from the vaccine is then better protected from COVID-19. And there’s no reason that having an exaggerated innate response would make your adaptive response any better."

What COVID vaccine side effects can and can’t tell you about your body’s immune response

Thanks for your answer
This article is very informative.

Amy had covid, and people that recovers from the infection develop antibodies to the virus, but we don't know yet how durable they are.

A study from UK Biobank indicates that they can last 6 months. But it depends on the person immunological system and is way less reliable than the vaccine immunological response.

Thank you! I wanted to climb into my pen and say something, but it looks like I don’t have to :)

I got the Pfizer. First shot fine, second shot I felt like ten pounds of trash in a five-pound bag--chills and fever, fatigue, etc. Took a bunch of Advil (ibuprofen) and it all settled right out.

...with great sigh of dissatisfaction, I realised I had to get it done. I am not against having good health, but just do not and have never agreed with vaccines. However, I do endeavour to keep my views to myself ( which can be hard).

I wanted the pfizer vaccine, but due to being allergic to penicillian, had to have the merdona one and so, far no side effects.

New Threads

Top Bottom