• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did you already get the vaccine? What did you feel?

considering im 17, in the UK they are only now doing injections, ill come back to this when ive had it done!

I and the rest of my family got the Pfizer vaccine in April. None of us had any more than a sore arm for a couple days, mine felt about the same as my last tetanus booster. I didn’t even feel the needle go in, and I’m hypersensitive to pain. My grandparents got it too. My grandpa’s temperature went up a little bit for a few hours, which he only knew because he’s been keeping a record of it, and that’s it.

Not meaning to discount anyone else’s experience or say that the Pfizer vaccine is always going to be mild in terms of side effects, but that’s what it was like for us.

I don't regret getting the vax, cause it's really important and if the vax did this to me, what would happen if I get covid?

My logic aligns with yours @Louie.

Dying in a crowded hospital with overworked people far too busy to administer any more than passing care while I gasp for breath - sounds worse than any shot.

I got Modurna x2. I felt nothing but a poke for the first injection and maybe some right at the sight for the second. My worry is that I got saline

I got the Moderna. First jab, just a sore arm and it affected my period (it triggered to come the next day, which was several days early, and it was unusually heavy). I also felt my heartbeat seemed up, but I did not have anything to measure it with or a baseline, that was just the first night. Maybe it was just anxiety. My arm was a little sensitive where the shot was for a week or so, but no allergic reaction. Second shot, I had the aches, pains, fatigue, and fever like the flu for 24 hours, without the respiratory symptoms. I felt a bit weak the rest of the week, but I think that's because it caused a flare up of my autoimmune issues, which I expected. Back to usual after that.

I had the 2 shots, didn't even felt the needle or had any symptons.
Medics and scientists studied and worked hard for this kind of stuff and with the knoweldge in medicine of centuries, its not like the vaccine is going to be worse than covid. Too much conspiracy theories going around, AFAIK statistics show that it saved lots of lives already.

I got the first shot and got some joint pain, but other than that. I'm good that, was in august I'm getting my second shot next Saturday!

I've had Pfizer and Moderna. Both caused the exact same side effect I get with every immunization - a sore, achey arm for 24-48 hours, which feels very similar to if I'd exercised one arm excessively.

I got the regular flu shot more recently, and it's the first time I've actually felt sick and not just sore after a vaccine. Then again, I'm pregnant now, so maybe I'm more sensitive because of that.

I got it because I work in a nursing home full of vulnerable residents. All I had was a sore arm for a couple of days. Only one person I worked with had a serious reaction that required him to be hospitalized but I don’t know if it was a pre-existing medical condition he didn’t know he had that reacted badly to the vaccine or not. He’s okay now. When you work with people all day long, you need to get the vaccine to stay safe and keep others safe as well.

Moderna 1 : very sore shoulder, slight chills, fatigue lasting 3 days
Moderna 2 : chills, fever 101 for 2 days, nausea for 2 days, headache & tingling face 1 day, exhaustion &
weakness 5 days.
Getting the Moderna booster tomorrow - nervous

New Threads

Top Bottom