• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing With Food Issues

Yep! Crunch is best! I like crunchy things! :)
Like hippies?

1672540771433.png

I wondering if any one eats lemons and limes ? I have always ate Lemons and Limes . Anything sour I like

I wondering if any one eats lemons and limes ? I have always ate Lemons and Limes . Anything sour I like
Our lemon tree was in the chook yard where it got fertilised all year round and it fruited all year round.

(Note on terminology - to us a chicken is a baby chook)

(Note on terminology - to us a chicken is a baby chook)
Old English, germanic origins.

They had different names for different stages of life.

Females:
baby = chicken
teenage = pullet
adult = chook (or sometimes "hen")
post egg laying = bessum

Males:
baby = chicken
teenage = Sunday Roast.

Here in the UK when you go to a restaurant and get "Fish and Chips", it will often come with a segment or two of lemon. It's a stand in for the vinegar as we like a bit of salt and vinegar on our chips here!

I squeezed some lemon on the fish once when I was having some fish and chips with some friends in a restaurant. After I had finished, I began to munch on the remainder of the lemon. This resulted in cries of "Eew Mildred! That's disgusting!". I don't understand why when I had just consumed the juice on the food lol! One person even told me that the lemon was just there for "decoration".

I remember telling my grandmother about it and she agreed! It was there for the fish!

Here in the UK when you go to a restaurant and get "Fish and Chips", it will often come with a segment or two of lemon. It's a stand in for the vinegar as we like a bit of salt and vinegar on our chips here!

I squeezed some lemon on the fish once when I was having some fish and chips with some friends in a restaurant. After I had finished, I began to munch on the remainder of the lemon. This resulted in cries of "Eew Mildred! That's disgusting!". I don't understand why when I had just consumed the juice on the food lol! One person even told me that the lemon was just there for "decoration".

I remember telling my grandmother about it and she agreed! It was there for the fish!
I do the same with Lemons and Fish. I have to get to England someday . Always wanted to go there . I have relatives who live in Bristol .

I do the same with Lemons and Fish. I have to get to England someday . Always wanted to go there . I have relatives who live in Bristol .
You must be sure that if you go to the UK that you make a point of getting some Fish and Chips! With, and this is important, batter "scraps". They can be referred to as "scraps" or "batter" in different regions. It sounds nuts, but the little pieces of batter that accumulate as the fish us cooked works beautifully as an accompaniment to the chips. Very crunchy! And works great in a "chip buttie" (chip sandwich). The good thing about it is that you can always try a few "scraps" with your chips and if you don't enjoy them, just don't shake any more in to them. But as someone who enjoys crunchy food, it's just the best! :)

You must be sure that if you go to the UK that you make a point of getting some Fish and Chips! With, and this is important, batter "scraps". They can be referred to as "scraps" or "batter" in different regions. It sounds nuts, but the little pieces of batter that accumulate as the fish us cooked works beautifully as an accompaniment to the chips. Very crunchy! And works great in a "chip buttie" (chip sandwich). The good thing about it is that you can always try a few "scraps" with your chips and if you don't enjoy them, just don't shake any more in to them. But as someone who enjoys crunchy food, it's just the best! :)
Thank you I will remember this .

You must be sure that if you go to the UK that you make a point of getting some Fish and Chips!
And real fish and chips come wrapped in paper instead of in a stupid little cardboard box. This is so that you can shove them down the front of your jumper and eat while you're walking in the cold weather.

It's exactly the same here, very few shops offer vinegar. I hate vinegar, the smell makes me gag.

View attachment 93117
I don't enjoy vinegar on anything other than fish and chips. The problem is that some can just taste a bit too acidic, and creates (for me at least) a kind of copper/metallic taste. Some vinegars are quite similar to lemon while others are just way too chemically.

And real fish and chips come wrapped in paper instead of in a stupid little cardboard box. This is so that you can shove them down the front of your jumper and eat while you're walking in the cold weather.
Quite right! We usually get fish and chips on Christmas Eve. The usual place we get them from usually wraps them in paper. But this time they arrived in cardboard boxes! There's something about how the paper affects the taste I think. Maybe it's just me, but I can usually tell and prefer to have them wrapped in paper. I have a theory that our usual "chippie" maybe was overwhelmed with orders and passed out order to one of their friends. It was a bit disappointing this year :-/

That worked, and had the side effect of not needing to drink water with pills. A lot of people spin out watching me swallow pills without water.
I tried that once and it backfired on me, gave me really bad acid reflux. Lesson learned, never again.

I don't like lemons. Given their sour taste, I don't get how they are so popular. On the other hand, I love Brussels sprouts. Most people don't.

Can't stand eating something like meatballs and finding bits of gristle in them. It makes me want to gag. Nowadays I stick to vegan ones, they are 'safe' to eat.

I tried that once and it backfired on me, gave me really bad acid reflux. Lesson learned, never again.

I don't like lemons. Given their sour taste, I don't get how they are so popular. On the other hand, I love Brussels sprouts. Most people don't.

Can't stand eating something like meatballs and finding bits of gristle in them. It makes me want to gag. Nowadays I stick to vegan ones, they are 'safe' to eat.
I dislike finding gristle in meat products too. I prefer the vegan meatballs for that reason and they aren't far off the real thing. I find the unwelcome chunk of viscera a bit of an unwelcome reminder of the origin of what I'm eating and that makes me feel rather sick.

I like the taste of meat but I don't tend to eat an awful lot of it. I will often go for the vegetarian or vegan option if it's a good facsimile of the real thing and take iron tablets to supplement my diet. I recently found out that restless leg syndrome can be caused by low iron in the brain and since starting iron supplements I think the problem has improved somewhat.

New Threads

Top Bottom