• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

dating sites

I don't really rely on dating sites, I do however have an account on Aspies Affection but I didn't really like using it and got a little frustrating after a while with the weird database errors that came out of no where.

I have an OKCupid but I'm just not quite ready to use it for now.

Never used a dating site before, although I've heard of AspieAffection. Just had a look at Geek2Geek but it seems to be American-based, which is of no use to me.

I don't care much for dating sites. There may be good ones out there, but the ones I've used didn't appeal to me at all as they seemed to cater mostly to people who wanted to get laid and not form meaningful relationships. Forget one night stands; give me perpetual stable relationships!

I think I'd have more luck finding a potential mate on forums than on dating sites. I've met plenty of people on forums who I'd date in a heartbeat. The only thing is that I'd want to change my life a bit before committing myself to a relationship. Also, the long distance (I haven't really met anyone who lives near me on the Asperger's community) is a *****, but I'd be willing to move if I'd meet someone I loved enough. I could care less about leaving my family behind as I'm not very close to them anymore.

I don't care much for dating sites. There may be good ones out there, but the ones I've used didn't appeal to me at all as they seemed to cater mostly to people who wanted to get laid and not form meaningful relationships. Forget one night stands; give me perpetual stable relationships!

I think I'd have more luck finding a potential mate on forums than on dating sites. I've met plenty of people on forums who I'd date in a heartbeat. The only thing is that I'd want to change my life a bit before committing myself to a relationship. Also, the long distance (I haven't really met anyone who lives near me on the Asperger's community) is a *****, but I'd be willing to move if I'd meet someone I loved enough. I could care less about leaving my family behind as I'm not very close to them anymore.

Yeah, I've also met people on forums I would like to date / start an actual relationship with. However, they all live really far away. It's like a curse. lol Nobody is from California. :no:

Nobody is from California. :no:

I've seen quite a few people from California on Asperger's forums. Your state has more people than Canada, and I see quite a few Canadians on Asperger's forums. While there are quite a few Canadians on Asperger's forums, not many are from my part; I've only come across a couple from here.

Oddly enough, most Asperger's forums seem to be comprised mostly of Brits. I don't really know why this is - perhaps Asperger's is more well-known in the UK? But there definitely are some boards with tons of Americans on them. The *major* aspie board has a large American user-base.

I've an idea: You should start an aspie board for Californians. ;)

I think I should cancel my membership from aspieaffection.com. I don't mind the site, but it is very unlikely that I'll find somebody. :S

I tried gk2gk, but they cost money. I am a member of this other site, but I rarely used it. I tried Zoosk on Facebook, but I canceled my membership on there.

Basically, I am not ready for the dating game. :S Or maybe I just hadn't found that somebody.

Edit: This is my 227th post! :D

Oddly enough, most Asperger's forums seem to be comprised mostly of Brits. I don't really know why this is - perhaps Asperger's is more well-known in the UK?

I think that actually is sort of the case. Why that is, I don't really know. In one of his books, Dr. Tony Attwood mentioned that the UK is a fairly aspie-friendly country partially because of its long tradition of tolerating and, to some extent, even celebrating people who are a bit eccentric. I wonder if that aspect of British culture has anything to do with the greater awareness of AS in that country compared to North America.

Like ???, I would be more interested in trying to meet someone through a forum than through a dating site. Of course, one of the big problems with that is geography. I think I've encountered one other person from Texas on an AS forum, and it was another male (not really what I have in mind).

Last edited:
I have used dating sites, and pretty much have made epic fails. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for a mate that has AS I live in a southern state in the U.S., Arkansas. There isn't many resources for people that have AS here, let alone a dating community.

I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for a mate that has AS I live in a southern state in the U.S., Arkansas. There isn't many resources for people that have AS here, let alone a dating community.

I know how you feel.

You are right about one thing, girls don't think about the need to "get laid," like guys do. Treat her like a princess and you just might have a friend for life.

i am very interested in the dating scene, i have set up many sites and have been trying to find someone for near enough two year now, i have only had one serious relationship which lasted about a month before it crashed and burned, probably because whom i was dating was mh not as, i wood be more than willing to relocate to meet someone else, so if anyone reading this is interested please do not hesitate to email [email protected], i can give you my no from then and we can arrange to meet i will be forever checking my mail every morning so do not worry about the age of this message

i wood just like to send a message to aspies not to give up hope

I had no idea there were Aspie-specific dating sites.

But regardless, if you go the Internet route, I think you're more likely to "click" with someone making friends on forums like these than dating sites. I think for everyone, the "friends first" method is the best thing, particularly for a group of people that may need some extra patience and trust to feel comfortable with each other and what they're about.

At least this way, if nothing works, you'll probably at least walk away from it with a few new friends. Wheras, it's not common to hear of non-romantic friendships being drawn from dating sites.

But you never know, I guess!

I've tried Oasis, which is an AU dating site while I was between relationships. I found a few interesting people on there, but there were also a lot of people who obviously didn't bother to look at my profile when they initiated contact.

I personally don't know why an Aspie would want to date another Aspie...I guess I certainly wouldn't want that. I suspect if I was dating another Aspie, we would drive each other up the wall.

Good luck to those who are still looking. It's hard but I do find joining in local groups and interests can help in finding someone. Also yes, "friends first" is the best way about it. That way, you get a good feel of the person and whether you think that person is right for you.

Good luck to those who are still looking. It's hard but I do find joining in local groups and interests can help in finding someone. Also yes, "friends first" is the best way about it. That way, you get a good feel of the person and whether you think that person is right for you.

Thanks. I will keep my relationships to friends first. No matter where I head

I personally don't know why an Aspie would want to date another Aspie...I guess I certainly wouldn't want that. I suspect if I was dating another Aspie, we would drive each other up the wall.

I've thought about this before. But I think it depends more on the level of functioning on either side, and if the details of their Aspberger's ends up complimenting or complicating each other's. It just depends on the individual, in my opinion, it can go either way probably.

New Threads

Top Bottom