• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

cup for ben; severely autistic boy given lifetime supply of cups

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
#CupForBen | Tommee Tippee
Dad's search for blue cup for autistic son who won't drink from anything else

a young lad with severe autism who wont drink out of any other cup than his own has been given a life time supply of cups by major company; tomee tippee after a search to find his old style, following his original cup wearing out,he will only drink out of this particular cup and it took many people to come together to get ben what he needs.

i totally relate as im exactly the same except im not as rigid,i have more than one cup i can drink out of,but until a couple of years ago i could only drink out of a large see through thin plastic cup made by starbucks for their frappachinos,the company i was then supported by begged them to supply us with even just one cup but they refused,i was using melted plastic cups for my drinks. i began to get less rigid when i started collecting glasses and mugs with animals on,i have a particular couple ill drink out of,so i can relate to ben.

i wonder if any one else can? itd be interesting to know.

I had a good spoon for years.
It had a thick black handle that was easy
to hold and the spoon part was smooth
on the edges but not thin or thick.

The handle broke off and I couldn't fix it.
I use another spoon now, but it is not as
good.

I don't like forks.
They are sharp.

I have a butter knife with a wooden handle, I like the way it feels when I use it. It was my dad's and has his initials carved in the wood. Only like to use a certain kind of spoon, my red coffee cup and matching plate. Although I can change them if I have to, it makes me just a little uncomfortable, when I do.

Have been using the same set of cooking pots that I won at a fair many years back. We kept many of gram's dishes, pots and cutlery as my husband remembers using them when he was quite young. If he cooks anything, he uses the same pots and dishes from his childhood.

New Threads

Top Bottom