• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

creativity

kchapman1988

I have heard we aspies are very creative so i'd like to find out just what we all do, i've stared making chainmaille jewellry, its up on my photo's here so feel free to have a look.

who else here has a creative outlet?

Well, I like to think that I THINK creatively, but I don't really create anything. I'm really good at seeing where work flow can be improved.

I'm not creative at all, I cannot do things with my hands, I have ideas but when it comes down to actually making things I suck.

In the past few years I've tried many creative things; sewing, baking, drawing manga, dread making, aquascaping to name but a few and I have sucked at every one of them.

I really like the jewellery you made :)

on top of the key chains i make, i love to try to be creative in the pictures i take. i have tried different experiments with my camera. i also sew but not really anything other then that. i do have big plans for making my car look unique but don't have the funds to do any of it. Also i love your jewelry you make out of chainmaille.

I can't say if it's the aspie part of me that's creative, but I tend to get a bit creative... perhaps "a bit" is an understatement.

Things I do are found in my sig and as such range from; writing, graphic design, making props, digital imaging (photo editing and photo manipulation), painting (figures), recording/writing music (play guitar, used to be vocalist in a few local metal bands, know my way around with synthesizers and the whole digital tools, as well as production and mixing)... and that's pretty much all I do and get my hands on. I'd like to get a bit into filming and photography more, and probably some other crafts like instrument building and smithing, but I don't really the (financial) resources to start it right now.

However, I should add that since my output is fairly low, it is related in both how I feel to get into something, as well as much as I have the have a "use" to make a product. For most part I found a way to incorporate most things I do into a single project, and that works out fairly well.

I like to edit videos (especially Disney cartoons) and make new videos out of them. My work is on YouTube, under the username Simbaholic. I'm currently working on two requests, which I don't want to do right now because I've recently come up with a lot of music video ideas that I'm really excited about and I'm eager to get started on them. But I want to finish the requests first so I don't feel pressured about them.
I also screencap and collect graphics I find on the Internet, making collages out of them.

I want to be more creative but my crippling self doubt crushes my urge to do things all the time. I see fault in things and don't believe in my talents that others tell me I have.

I'm kinda on the start of an up spurt, so hopefully I can keep it going for a bit.

I love photography and kinda making things in general. I'm always trying to get people to let me set up new electronic equipment or make their flat pack furniture and such.

Mostly I draw. I also crochet, take photographs, sometimes I'll make jewelry or play with clay, quilling, or some other craft I'm curious about, and I've got a comic that's been going for five years. I also goof off with websites, but I'm not sure if that's more creative or technical.

Drawing and animation (which I'm currently focusing on at uni). I also like to write, though don't do so often enough.

I write a lot, poetry and short stories, in the past I enjoyed painting but haven't much time now.

I'm a good carpenter (built my own kitchen) and love whittling wood.

Mostly I draw. I also crochet, take photographs, sometimes I'll make jewelry or play with clay, quilling, or some other craft I'm curious about, and I've got a comic that's been going for five years. I also goof off with websites, but I'm not sure if that's more creative or technical.

Yea! On the crochet!

I posted one in the poetry section, first time I ever let a poem be seen publically, not real good at sharing that way.

Here's a picture of my old dog Boo bringing my supplies back home. He's gone now but I met a dog recently that was so like him.

Boo 26.JPG

I could think up a few good uses for a full suit of chainmail made of adamantium, but that is about the extent of my creativity.

Now I seem to be feeling better about myself a bit more and enjoy my job, I'm doing more of the album reviews for a friends website Emo At Heart Gonna be doing some lives reviews too soon :)

I used to write songs and short musical productions when I was teaching. Nowadays I try to paint and I write a bit, it's all very symbolic. Not much output though, I seem to have very little energy lately . . .

However, I love reading and looking at art submitted here by people I am getting to know, kind of very vey nice :)

New Threads

Top Bottom