• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Country music

I like Johnny Cash, he was a great artist in his time. I think I have a bootleg performance of his from the 1970s somewhere in my archives.

Willie Nelson is another great artist. I also liked The Highwaymen - the country supergroup. They were pretty fantastic.

I really like blues and a lot of the older, folksy-type of country music.

But "country" music illicits this horrible pop-country music I hear whenever I step foot outside of my house. Maybe you're lucky in Singapore to not hear Toby Keith or Redneck Woman blasting every time you go grocery shopping.
:p

I love country music from the 1930s-70s but I can't stand modern country. Most of what is called "country" today is just pop with a southern accent.

I think music from the 1950's to 1990's have no personality, and indie music after 1990's is just based on technology and preferences. the real classics should be jimmie rodgers and hank williams, those real country musicians...

I think that most music from the 50's-present has no personality, but there's always plenty of exceptions. I would say "popular" music, but that's not necessarily true. I think the quality of the Billboard play lists have been rather good in certain years, except I would say the likelyhood of an interesting top 50 playlist has declined as time goes on.

But I will add that a modern Billboard country playlist is it's own species of terribly bland music. When people say "I like everything except for country", it's not necessarily country they usually mean- but that specific type of pop-country.

I think to find good music, you have to do a bit of digging. Which isn't as hard or "obscure" as people make it sound, as there are plenty of people out there with a good appreciation for music.

Last edited:
I grew up listening to the original country artists of the 1950's and 1960's, and there was a rawness to their sound that is lacking in today's so-called country music. Then I stopped listening to it for some time. When I started listening to it again about 20 years ago, I found that it was more like 1970's rock than what I would call country. Lately to my great distress I have noticed hip-hop influences. To me that is not country at all. Country is about rural life, blue-collar life, it is not about the urban scene.

Indeed, listening to country music should make me have some yearning to just move to some country with big, open spaces and feel happier and more comfortable. Same effect as what hip-hop does to urban audiences

Restarting the Country thread again.

Are these songs country:

Last edited by a moderator:
That perfect country song...

I have heard the David Allan Coe version, but this is the guy who wrote it.
I like the voice changes. Buck Owens, for instance.
The Coe version changes the lyrics, particularly the part regarding dog, train, and Mama.

New Threads

Top Bottom