• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Could my mom be on the spectrum or something else?

Kaylee

I see a lot of myself in my mom, she seems to have some issue with social situations, she tends to keep to herself for the most part and has just a close knit group of work friends but she doesnt do things outside of work. she cant advocate for herself and tends to misunderstand things a lot. she tends to take words literately and she was the more "male role model" in my life growing up since my dad was very emotional and such.

My relationship with my mother is an oddidity, we get along and communicate for the most part kinda well but we also bump heads a lot.

As i have stated before i am transgender, this seemed rough on my mom to some degree. my mother says she is completely find with it, she doesnt seem to speak her true feelings about it though, she doesnt like to talk about it and she talks about how she does more than other people, she doesnt seem to understand how i feel about it and she seems like she wants to. a lot of this is speculation because we have issues talking about things in general with her. but i have come to the conclusion that she wants to be better, she wants to do good by me, and she wants to accept me in all aspects but she has a hard time and it makes her feel like a bad parent. she sees how natural things come to other people.

i have never really seen my mom get overly emotional except for anger, but she seems to hide her emotions for the most part. and we both remember the same events different ways, and i do know false memories are a common thing with the autism spectrum, just whos are false who knows

I love my mother and i know we have very similar problems in a lot of things, i dont know if aspergers is one of them. i feel like she hides a lot and tries to remain strong.

New Threads

Top Bottom