• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cooking!

I love cilantro, but I agree it can be too strong depending on what comes with it. Seems to work well with burritos with rice. But pizza? I'm not so sure. But there's no telling how many different things people can put on pizzas.

Another thing that confuses me is the occasional jar of "Italian Spices". Wondering what such an ambiguous description really means. :confused:

Italian spices is generally a mix of spices (as is curry powder).
Staple ingredients in italian spices would be basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
It just saves you some effort since it's already mixed up for ya.

@ Judge - I dress up frozen 4-cheese pizzas for grandkids and us. Some of the things I add include:

Cooked meats like pepperoni slices, sausage, ham, chicken, shrimp, even steak;

Raw vegetables such as thinly sliced onions, jalapenos, bell pepper slices, cherry tomatoes cut in half, corn kernels, thin ribbons of zucchini, mushroom slices;

Extra layer of a sharp cheese such as grated Parmesan on top;

drizzle the pizza with olive oil and then bake it in screaming hot oven on a sheet pan or the pizza stone if I remember to heat it up.

add fresh basil leaves torn by hand to the top after the pizza is cooked.

It's the kitchen sink approach to pizza and helps use up leftovers. :)

Saw the little green thingies on a Little Caesar's Stuffed Crust Pizza again. Some of their video and photos show them while others do not. So far I haven't found anything of note in written accounts of their ingredients, but it's got to be posted somewhere.

"We are working on getting the ingredients for this item." o_O

Saw the little green thingies on a Little Caesar's Stuffed Crust Pizza again. Some of their video and photos show them while others do not. So far I haven't found anything of note in written accounts of their ingredients, but it's got to be posted somewhere.xi

They don't know their own institutional recipe?! Is it a trade secret? LOL. Meanwhile you go into anaphylaxis from eating something you're allergic to. :eek:

The green thingies are probably basil, parsley and/or oregano. Whole or chopped bay leaves are inedible but I guess they could pulverize them into a powder. I think cilantro is too controversial a flavor for them to include in pizza unless they advertise it as Mexican, Spanish or some other cuisine that uses a lot of cilantro.

They don't know their own institutional recipe?! Is it a trade secret? LOL. Meanwhile you go into anaphylaxis from eating something you're allergic to. :eek:

The green thingies are probably basil, parsley and/or oregano. Whole or chopped bay leaves are inedible but I guess they could pulverize them into a powder. I think cilantro is too controversial a flavor for them to include in pizza unless they advertise it as Mexican, Spanish or some other cuisine that uses a lot of cilantro.

More likely a bureaucratic problem between IT and content providers. Something I know well having worked in Silicon Valley as a web designer. :rolleyes:

If I had to guess, I suspect it's probably just plain oregano. Agreed though, cilantro may be too strong for a pizza garnish. I was just looking for something green beyond green peppers that I routinely put on pizza.

Though jalapenos sound inviting too. :cool:

I do not like cooking, but I respect people who cook. It takes time and dedication to do. I have dedication for some things, but not cooking.

Here is Aus I have had very delicious pizza with caper berries on it.

Saw the little green thingies on a Little Caesar's Stuffed Crust Pizza again. Some of their video and photos show them while others do not. So far I haven't found anything of note in written accounts of their ingredients, but it's got to be posted somewhere.

Above post was meant for you. The "green thingies" might be caper berries.

LOL, nope most definitely not green pepper. It's the sort of thing I've seen on tv with Little Caesar's pepperoni pizzas. Guessing that it's probably oregano, cilantro or even a tasteless garnish just to add color. Something perhaps that may be dried and sprinkled on. Not really sure.

I've just never bothered to go past green pepper when it comes to green anything on a pizza.
Oh, now I read properly. I'm guessing parsley, basil or oregano, or a mixture known as "pizza herbs" which might be all three.

Anyone else here just love cooking? A lot of times I feel a little overwhelmed and just want to go with something easy, but when I cook a good meal I just feel a whole bunch of pride. And it's not a negative pride either, the kind where I want criticism so I can make it better.

Recently I made a guacamole and it was genuinely pretty good. I might use a different blend of spices and maybe either cut the radishes out or chop them more finely.

But any opportunity to use new ingredients or try new recipes just strikes me as so exciting.
I find cooking a bit hard work but I am a natural cook and baker. I do not always like doing savoury but I have my savoury moments.
I love baking but have had some challenges especially with vegan cakes and biscuits and it being very methodical. But I love it.
I cannot eat many sweets though.
But I have had some triumphs.
I made some delectable yo-yos, raspberry cheesecake with tofu and a crumbly base, bantoffee tart, it was kind of like a banana tart but that was spur on the moment and it was so amazing like melt in your mouth.
And a sponge cake with strawberries and cream cheese and gosh I always find it hard not to get the base very dense but it was very good anyway well I could not stop eating it.
Which is the way with my deserts I do not always find people appreciate it as much as me because it is vegan but I cannot stop eating it because it is very much like really a dessert baker in my eyes like it melts in your mouth that is why I want to try more tarts and pies etc because I am not sure I am the biscuit or necessary cake person what if I am the dessert and tart baker.
So I should try dessert type things more instead of the regular bakers things.

I find cooking a bit hard work but I am a natural cook and baker. I do not always like doing savoury but I have my savoury moments.
I love baking but have had some challenges especially with vegan cakes and biscuits and it being very methodical. But I love it.
I cannot eat many sweets though.
But I have had some triumphs.
I made some delectable yo-yos, raspberry cheesecake with tofu and a crumbly base, bantoffee tart, it was kind of like a banana tart but that was spur on the moment and it was so amazing like melt in your mouth.
And a sponge cake with strawberries and cream cheese and gosh I always find it hard not to get the base very dense but it was very good anyway well I could not stop eating it.
Which is the way with my deserts I do not always find people appreciate it as much as me because it is vegan but I cannot stop eating it because it is very much like really a dessert baker in my eyes like it melts in your mouth that is why I want to try more tarts and pies etc because I am not sure I am the biscuit or necessary cake person what if I am the dessert and tart baker.
So I should try dessert type things more instead of the regular bakers things.

It sounds like you have found your niche in the cooking world. I'm the opposite. I love to cook savory things and rarely make any kind of dessert. I guess I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. My husband, on the other hand, makes the best pies and brownies. Yesterday, he made a batch of chocolate ice cream with heavy cream which he'll churn today, and he will eat all of it. I'll taste it and compliment him but I really don't want to eat it.

My favorite dessert is a cheese and fruit board. I also sometimes make a yogurt parfait with layers of plain whole milk yogurt, dried fruits and nuts, crumbled graham crackers, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.

It sounds like you have found your niche in the cooking world. I'm the opposite. I love to cook savory things and rarely make any kind of dessert. I guess I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. My husband, on the other hand, makes the best pies and brownies. Yesterday, he made a batch of chocolate ice cream with heavy cream which he'll churn today, and he will eat all of it. I'll taste it and compliment him but I really don't want to eat it.

My favorite dessert is a cheese and fruit board. I also sometimes make a yogurt parfait with layers of plain whole milk yogurt, dried fruits and nuts, crumbled graham crackers, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
That sounds good.
I love eating healthy and have always wanted to do a cheese board.
I actually can not eat too many sweets but it does not mean I do not love them just have to keep them in moderation which is hard because I love them so much especially baking them.

New Threads

Top Bottom