• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Concept: We Are All Actually Just Characters in a Terrible Video Game

This game sucks.

I’ve barely spent any time here, but Joshua, your post is my highlight so far. One main reason: You actually post your alignment (chaotic good) right under your name, in a forum completely irrelevant for this. Awesome! AFAIK, only I have ever done such a thing (at age 32, no less.) This earns you a little Autistic Jedi Master advice, which you may or may not take to heart:

The same exact person, we are not. But here are a few things I’d tell my 17 year old self, were I able to transmit this message to 1992: The tests you’re studying so hard to pass will be of little to no use in your future. Your life will indeed mostly suck until you finally get in the right place, with the right people, doing the right things in April 1996. Then it will feel like paradise.

(Still addressing my 17 year old self, but with a purpose) You love games. Obsess over games. You know all of the AD&D manuals front to back. You can finish Wonder Boy 2 and Golden Axe on one token. Sometimes even Street Fighter 2. Enjoyable, but only in the moment. Then you go back to an inadequate aspie life. What you need most is THE RIGHT GAME! Casting a Magic User fireball spell is cool and all, but advance your life, it does not.

The stock market is a foreign concept to you today, but in seven years it will have made you rich! Your narrow obsessive focus towards gaming will finally find its proper outlet. Everyone who thinks you're a loser now will eventually find out who you actually are. A daytrading Jedi Master will take you as his apprentice, and six weeks of his wisdom will be all you need to learn how to make a living. But it doesn’t stop there. It gets much better…

Last edited:
There's an entire list of non-physical games which can pay well- it's not just stocks. Futures. Options. Forex. Poker. Sports betting. Then making good money doesn't even feel like work- you're just playing your favorite game for a living. Why not?

Sorry, I can't help but think of The Matrix again...
“The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

I'll let this go if you want, but I already know your objection. You're of good alignment and crushing the competition at a game doesn't do any actual good in the world. But it does! Once you accumulate a proper net worth, you get to perform as much philanthropy as you wish. Aspie Bill Gates spent the first part of his career ruthlessly crushing all competitors. But now? His wealth provides scholarships for deserving students, infectious disease control, basic health care and sanitation in developing nations, and so much more. That's how you do it.

I better check out that Steam guide written by this "Adam Lanza" user then.
Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

Oftentimes I've said this exact thing to myself. But only in recent years have I developed a decent command of the mechanics, started grinding for XP, and acquired some decent gear / loot. It feels less like playing Dark Souls while blindfolded, and more like Doom Eternal (my pick for game of the year 2020, and it ain't even close). Still ball-crushingly hard, and I have to be on my toes constantly, but using all the tools and resources at my disposal, while maintaining situational awareness and newfound mental clarity is helping me to plow through whatever demons may cross my path.

I'm a tiefling wizard, btw. That would be my race-class combo if I were a D&D character.

Theoretically, what might happen if your focus were to switch to a game which pays bags of holding full of gold pieces, instead of your current gaming efforts? You'd still get to play D&D to your heart's content in your free time, if you actually still felt like it. In your opinion, would such a move be likely to gain you power?

Last edited:
Theoretically, what might happen if your focus were to switch to a game which pays bags of holding full of gold pieces, instead of your current gaming efforts? You'd still get to play D&D to your heart's content in your free time, if you actually still felt like it. In your opinion, would such a move be likely to gain you power?
I'd somewhat dislike the overpowered treasure dumps. While it'd make it easier to cast spells that must consume gold pieces (such as revivify and reincarnate), it'd be way too easy to purchase magic items that are at very rare or legendary power levels. I'm not sure if you're talking about D&D campaigns, though.

Also, I think I am a tiefling because I feel like an outcast and misunderstood a lot of the time, but I am a tad charismatic. I chose wizard because of my intellectualism.

I'm not sure if you're talking about D&D campaigns, though.

I'm using D&D references to provide subtle real life suggestions, based on what I've seen to be effective. Perhaps an IRL treasure chest would help you feel like a winner in the most important game of all. It's not easy to purposely direct my focus in a different direction. I have to really want it. But everyone wants to earn the power to better control their own lives.

New Threads

Top Bottom