• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Concept: We Are All Actually Just Characters in a Terrible Video Game

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
This game sucks. It’s pay to win, and anybody who does not start off wealthy has to grind away endlessly to survive. Also, there is permanent death, and all a lot of the non-human creatures are way stronger than you for no reason. However, if you die, you get a random chance of being either an animal or a more well-off human. But this does also come with the fact that you can be a weak animal or lesser-off human if you die. This game is unbalanced and is insanely difficult without having an obscene amount of in-game currency, and the player base is extremely toxic and divided and ridiculous issues.

Also, you start off in one faction, and it isn't of your choice. If you want to switch factions or start your own, you have to grind away until you have enough money to do so, and you have to go through a long, complicated process. Or you can try to switch factions by going to another country without paying anything or going through a long process, but that is considered cheating by many players, and it can end up in either prison time or death if you are not careful.

You are also not allowed to choose what you look like when you start a new save game, so that is bad.

However, it is rumored that you can, in fact, change your luck by doing "magic" or something, but everybody is divided on whether or not magic actually exists, and it is looked down upon by certain factions and groups of players.

Also, no matter how well you do, your character dies of old age, which is impossible to avoid.

At least it has some pretty neat mini games and you can have some great moments in this game with your friends. I give it a 3/10.

I've always viewed life this way. And I gotta admit, you're not too far off. RNG with character generation and LOTS of other stuff is way too crazy.

That and all my passives suck.

I've always viewed life this way. And I gotta admit, you're not too far off. RNG with character generation and LOTS of other stuff is way too crazy.

That and all my passives suck.
There is also a chance that grinding away at school only has a chance to increase your Intelligence stat. What the heck? Also, for some reason, all the old players are saying that wisdom is the most important stat, even though Intelligence and Instinct are the stats that are the most meta right now.

I am going for a high-intellegence build, since it is most useful to the class I have chosen (Scientist, Computer Scientist subclass).

Charisma is terrible in a lot of cases. There are not that many cases of high-charisma build outside of politicians, celebrities, thieves, conmen, scammers, activists, and priests, since it is not very practical elsewhere.

Wisdom is really only a useful stat since Insight and Perception relies on it. And so does the Detect Supernatural Presences passive ability, if you have that (which I do). It might be advantageous for Soldiers of the Sniper subclass in order to detect enemy movement. Besides that, Wisdom is the worst stat because not many classes and subclasses actually use it. The only other class that uses it extensively besides the Soldier's Sniper subclass are Spellcasters because they learned the Detect Supernatural Presences passive ability through class features.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have no choice but to view life this way, seeing as you're a teenager. And what's this about permanent death? I couldn't tell if you were saying there's permanent death or if you were saying something else entirely.

Pretty sure you have no choice but to view life this way, seeing as you're a teenager. And what's this about permanent death? I couldn't tell if you were saying there's permanent death or if you were saying something else entirely.

Permanent death, usually called "perma-death" is a common gaming concept. Well, in certain genres. Roguelikes do it the most. It means that if you die exactly once, you lose everything and have to start the entire game over, you cant continue or get extra lives. Typically any game with this trait will have all sorts of other things to make it super difficult. Usually, only players that really love a challenge will play anything with that particular element.

This game sucks by default. Autistic, this world wasn't even built to suit our needs. But if you Use The Force (a positive can-do attitude, along with the proper knowledge), you might just rig things back in your favor.

Anybody who does not start off wealthy has to grind away endlessly to survive, do they? Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Gates, and Charles Darwin. All successful self-made men on the spectrum. Undecided, your fate still is.

~Autistic Yoda (Chaotic Neutral)

Last edited:
Charisma is terrible in a lot of cases. There are not that many cases of high-charisma build outside of politicians, celebrities, thieves, conmen, scammers, activists, and priests, since it is not very practical elsewhere.

Many honorable people have high charisma scores too. Charisma is essential in building relationships. We need high quality relationships, because we do not live in our own world. Friends and romantic interests are essential. One principle guides me in my attempts to charm others: I must always be more useful than annoying! If one goes out of his way to become as useful as possible to those he wishes to impress, one's charisma score is greatly improved.

Sometimes l feel like a gaming loop. And l wonder why l can't go back and restart but then l would miss out on some neat friends, honorable types. Not sure if l have any life points so l am playing my game to just live. Sometimes happy points and extend life points are awarded. l do fall into minefields, but less often.

It definitely works well to see it as a game, as that would explain the randomness of a lot of how things are. One thing I would add, is that the real point of the game has (so far) been missed by everyone who's ever played it. There's so much distraction. Focus, people!

I am going for a high-intellegence build, since it is most useful to the class I have chosen (Scientist, Computer Scientist subclass).

Wisdom is really only a useful stat since Insight and Perception relies on it. And so does the Detect Supernatural Presences passive ability, if you have that (which I do). It might be advantageous for Soldiers of the Sniper subclass in order to detect enemy movement. Besides that, Wisdom is the worst stat because not many classes and subclasses actually use it. The only other class that uses it extensively besides the Soldier's Sniper subclass are Spellcasters because they learned the Detect Supernatural Presences passive ability through class features.

Can't agree concerning Charisma. Unless you are one of the lucky few to get the high in-game currency roll, Charisma is essential for your survival in the Work DLC since even the easiest jobs require you to have the minimum Charisma and the high-jobs even make it necessary, since without Connections (trait earned through Charisma-Luck output that gives you additional 50% success rate) you will need even higher Charisma-Luck to first, get a shot at proving your worth for a job and two, prove it well enough to get it (simply speaking, there's at least a double Charisma check for most jobs, at times even becoming a triple or more in case of multiple interviews jobs). Charisma is tricky enough at the same time, that even a wrong type of Charisma along with the lack of Connections can discount any chances you may have towards getting the job since many in-work factions are Charisma-based and not belonging to an in-work faction can rise the difficulty of the game by a large margin. At the same time, you always need to discern when you have to use Written Charisma, Spoken Charisma, General Charisma, Professional Charisma etc.

This game sucks. It’s pay to win, and anybody who does not start off wealthy has to grind away endlessly to survive. Also, there is permanent death, and all a lot of the non-human creatures are way stronger than you for no reason. However, if you die, you get a random chance of being either an animal or a more well-off human. But this does also come with the fact that you can be a weak animal or lesser-off human if you die. This game is unbalanced and is insanely difficult without having an obscene amount of in-game currency, and the player base is extremely toxic and divided and ridiculous issues.

Also, you start off in one faction, and it isn't of your choice. If you want to switch factions or start your own, you have to grind away until you have enough money to do so, and you have to go through a long, complicated process. Or you can try to switch factions by going to another country without paying anything or going through a long process, but that is considered cheating by many players, and it can end up in either prison time or death if you are not careful.

You are also not allowed to choose what you look like when you start a new save game, so that is bad.

However, it is rumored that you can, in fact, change your luck by doing "magic" or something, but everybody is divided on whether or not magic actually exists, and it is looked down upon by certain factions and groups of players.

Also, no matter how well you do, your character dies of old age, which is impossible to avoid.

At least it has some pretty neat mini games and you can have some great moments in this game with your friends. I give it a 3/10.
A verse from Shakespeare's as you like It'all the world's a stage and men and women merely players'

I just wish the person playing my Sims household would use the "motherlode" cheat already. And maybe max out my motives a little more often ;)

I just wish the person playing my Sims household would use the "motherlode" cheat already. And maybe max out my motives a little more often ;)

Could be worse:

unnamed.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom