• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Color Obsessions

I love 'girly' colors like pink and purple (purple has to be my favorite of all time though). I also like blue and green, though I like blue more. I think pink, purple and blue look really good together and I've been using that combination a lot in my adult coloring books. I also like gray and white as trim/accent colors. They go with everything.

Last edited:
Colour is my passion. My prized possessions as a child were my Ladybird books about colours and my full set of Crayola crayons. I adored these things. The names mesmerised me. The colours had their own personalities. I memorised the entire set. My dream is to own an entire set of Pantone cards. I simply drool at the idea.

I cannot put into words the effect colours have on me. I almost feel, smell and taste colour. I truly wish I had a means to communicate what I feel for, and think of, colours.

I like green. I really like green. :)
I feel repulsed when I see pink with green, or orange with green. And I avoid ever causing something green being close to something red. I don't know why. It seems to really upset me for some reason. And because I despise peas, something you can do to make peas even more revolting is to add ketchup!... :confused:o_O

My favourite colours are taupe, turquoise, jade green, teal, mustard yellow, blue-purple, and burnt orange.

I have an intense fascination for yellow when it is on heavy equipment, cars and trucks. I would have loved to get a big yellow F150. But since I couldn't I bought a white truck which is my next fascinating color. In fact most of my vehicles has been white or off white.

Pink and purple has been my favourite colours as far as I can remember I wear both a lot in my clothes and makeup and also have a purple throw blanket, the colours have always drawn me in but I also enjoy blues and reds.

I've always been into blue. Particularly greenish blue. The color from the Crayola 64 box that was called green-blue.

I've also always had a thing for gray cloth car interiors, and whevever I would do a model kit, I'd try to mimic this. This comes from when I was a kid in the 80s and many cars had bright colored vinyl interiors such as red or yellow and I didn't like that.

My clothes are almost all blue or black or gray too. I'm just not into anything on the red side of the spectrum.
I found my favorite color in the super large crayola selection of 1970. I don't know the number but it was periwinkle. I loved the far off mountain color and the name that sounded magical.

I'm a very critical person...especially about color and it annoys me. It's colors and color combinations of all kinds with an antipathy to white and tan. I wish I wasn't this way but there it is.

I can look at a colour I like and get a lovely physical feeling.
I've always had a thing about colours. I love rainbows. I am loathed to choose a fave colour but if I had to royal purple is just special, but I love pink, not the pastel type, more the psychedelic type. Turquoisy colours I love. Cherry Red, egg yolk golden yellow, emerald green, royal blue. I used to hold transparent sweet wrappers up to the window and stare at them, same with food colouring in glass bottles.
Some colours disturb me though, mustard, bilious colours, tomato red. Oh to end on a postiivve note, I love deep turquoise. We used to have this cleaning fluid called clean o pine which was a dark turquoise and I used to pour some in the sink and dilute it to watch the colours.
Although the kind of pink I like, bright pink, is not on the rainbow, it seems to have a spiritual feel for me, or maybe thats just from past psychdedelic visual experiences as I used to see a lot of patterns with that colour in.
Magenta is another colour I love, i could go on but I would probably fill up a ton of pages.

New Threads

Top Bottom