• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Color Obsessions

I have a teal thing. I love collecting teal mother of pearl and carnival glass items. My mom picked up on this and has started to buy me teal pillows. I used to even have a teal carpet when I was younger, come to think of it.

My family started doing the same thing when they realised my love for purple! It's funny how they catch on to those kinds of things

Burgundy or dark red is my favourite. Other colours I wear tend to be darker or earthy tones. While I don't do much with itself, I think scarlet with black can be pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I'm just not into anything on the red side of the spectrum.

Yeah, i don't like red, orange, yellow or this very bright colours. I dont like the combination of sky blue and green, green, purple and orange mixed, just dont seems right.
I like grey,black and tones of dark blue.
And since we talking about colors, my books and clothes are organized in colors, aways. It's more easy to find what i want and things don't look so messy.
I think my obsession it's about the spectrum of the color and the way i organize my stuff in order to make things more comfortable to see.

I have always had a liking for the complementary colors red-orange and blue-green beside eachother if I have to choose complementary color combos. But I very much disliked red and green together as it seems tasteless unless it is Christmas time,

My color obsession is orange
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1408866433.571753.jpg
. My whole room is orange. Even the doors

I seem to rotate through colors...often it's a particular shade of blue (aqua lasted a looongg time), and sometimes a shade of green. I've also gone through orange (still love that one, it kinda stuck), yellow, gray, red, and purple. Currently it's a grassy green--can't be too blue or it's just not right. But...whatever the obsession of the moment, it's never solitary. It ALWAYS has to be in contrast, and usually in contrast with the same combination of colors. Last year it was aqua with orange and grassy green. Sometimes I'd throw red in there for variety. Also, purple with green. When I get a new color or color combo obsession, I have to paint rooms in my house. My house is very colorful! It's really frustrating, though, to go shopping for clothes when my color obsession is "out of season" or just not the current trend. What's even worse is when a color repulsion (like kelly green or turquoise or neon-anything) is IN fashion.

I love brilliant colors, I feel intensly atracted to them, always have been. My favorite color is pink

My favorite colors are blue, purple, and silver. My two favorite schemes are sunsets (reds, purples, blues, oranges, yellows) and some tan/teal scheme.
But I hate pink. Took my years to tolerate that color enough to use it for even simple things like tongues.

Orange seems to be a popular one. I would say orange myself, but it's not exactly true. I'm obsessed with shades that go from orange to brown. Especially these ones:
160459.png

I am completely obsessed with the combinations black and dark blue, purple and green, black and brown, purple and black, mahogany, and orange and brown. Dark yellow and dark green agrivate me. I find most off-white colors appealing to look at.

I've had obsessions with very bright colors. I especially loved it when they were mixed. It's why I like the AspiesCentral logo so much. :)

I can't recall the artists's name, but I remember learning about a particular artist, who was obsessed with a particular shade of blue. He was so obsessed, that he would paint canvas after canvas, of nothing but that same shade of blue."]

Are you talking about Franz Klein? He actually patented a blue.

There's an experiment in which two aquarium tanks were used. The control had natural light and the other had a warm pink light. Female births were 25% higher in the pink-lit tank. Pink is supposed to reinforce femaleness, although frankly I've always been more of a burgundy person, myself.

Anyone else here have intense fascinations with specific colors and color combinations? I've been obsessed with pink for years and as an artist I tend to latch onto various color schemes involving pink. I'm to the point where I feel like I have a deep, spiritual, meaningful personal connection with the color, which strikes me as strange when I really step back and think about it. Regardless, when I see it used in the right context, I find myself entering a very blissful, sometimes even euphoric emotional state and it often calms me down when I'm anxious. This is something that's been developing in intensity over time, and I don't see it stopping soon. I even maintain a 'pink' tag on my tumblr blog for pictures I find that strongly feature the color. I used to have a milder but similar fascination with deep turquoise, and it's still my second favorite. Lisa Frank-style rainbows used to mesmerize me as a child, and I used to even say my favorite color was "rainbow."
I know many people, NT and otherwise, have favorite colors, but I've reached the point where that doesn't even begin to describe my ongoing associations with the color pink, and the way I've always interacted with colors. Anyone else get this?

Pink for me as well. I know that seems stereotypically strange for a Male but I find it comforting. I do not dress in pink but appreciate the somewhat odd combinations:
  • Pink and Brown
  • Pink and Yellow
  • Pink and Orange

:)
I like almost all colors but artificial green the least.
Corrently, my favored list: Red, Pink, gold, Cobalt, Ultramarine and Cerulean blues, warm gray, bronze, periwinkle, German Silver, Burnt Sienna, Naples Yellow.

New Threads

Top Bottom